Walletmor - some questions

Well if you have a polish bank account then yes it should work in the USA and Canada (with exchange fees I’m sure)

1 Like

How many Walletmor implant wearers are there now? Surely forum dwellers. Care to share your experience if have one?

Since I’m about to go on an “implant spree” soon, I’m thinking of adding a Walletmor to the list.

3 Likes

They’ve only been shipped out last week, so it might be a bit until someone has some solid experience with one.

Oh right okay, I didn’t realize.

Sorry if the question was silly, I haven’t kept up to be honest.

1 Like

I’ll get mine installed this saturday, I’ll see if I can record the installation. (It will be a 4g needle install)

I’ve already tested the implant on a few different payment terminals in luxembourg and germany. Payment always worked so far, even though the implant seems to be a bit slower then the usual contactless payment cards. You can really see the 4 status LEDs on the terminal light up slower one by one.
I’ve heard from someone in germany having trouble with smaller terminals like the “sumup” terminals, but it’s important to consider that the implant was freshly installed when tested. My installer got such a terminal, I’ll surely test it right after my installation.

1 Like

I just noticed that the biopolymer on my walletmor was cut out crooked and the antenna is pretty close to the edge of the implant because of it. Is it or could it become an issue? @amal

It should not be a problem… I inspect each under a microscope to ensure the edge is sealed. It is because of the fact I’m doing this by hand and eyeballs that I give a wide margin on the sides, because sometimes things line up like this… so I give myself lots of slack while still being able to install these with the 4g needle method.

4 Likes

Wow, didn’t think you were making all the flex implants by yourself by hand. That must have been a lot of work making all these walletmor implants at once :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yep. it was.

exhausted

10 Likes

I have received my Walletmor on Friday! Yay! Will be getting it implanted maybe today, maybe in the coming days and then I have already two people in queue for the implantation.

Just wondering, is there a way to check the expiry date? I don’t see it anywhere when logged into my iCard account and my phone (Galaxy S10, NFC Tools PRO) does not react to the implant at all, no read, no error, is this expected behaviour? I will test it with common EMV terminal today, before application, just to be sure. Can’t wait to beep the number of the beast with my hand! :smiley:

Yes that is expected behaviour, my Galaxy Z Flip behaves the same.

I used this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.devnied.emvnfccard

You’ll just have to check the 4 last digits of the card number in iCard to expose the expiration date in the app.

2 Likes

Coincidence? I think not!!!

3 Likes

It worked! Thanks again!

What kinda surprised me is that the app states, that I have 1 PIN code attempt left, is that anything to worry about?

Mine sais the same, but don’t worry. I think that is just because it isn’t a traditional credit card but a contacless payment card. You don’t have to enter any PIN at all for amounts smaller then 25 Euro or something like that. And I don’t believe that the card will be blocked when you enter the PIN wrong one single time, that would be ridiculous.

1 Like

Just to be clear, even though this is a defacto standard for many contactless devices, it is a security specification set by each issuer… so there might be some variation.

2 Likes

What I would suggest is, take some photos of the payment terminals that you have access to and share them here, there maybe some people on the forum with experience interacting / using those terminals that can give you some idea of what performance to expect…

So to be clear, sorry if I missed it. After expiration I have to take the implant out?

You don’t have to, you can leave it in until you die I guess, but it can’t pay anymore. You can still use its ID for PC login for example, if the ID doesn’t change every time like some cards do.

2 Likes

Think of it like a bank card in your wallet with a “valid until:” date on it.

Once it expires you don’t have to take it out of your wallet, you could leave it there, and use it to loid doors, or scrape ice from windscreens, or… You just can’t use it to pay for things any more.

2 Likes

If those are the correct models then they are both NFC capable. The verifone has a fairly obvious antenna on the left hand side. The ingenico ict220/ict250 have an antenna around the screen.

How well either work for implants I don’t know.