Wearable Countermeasures

To answer the question nobody asked (but mostly to follow up on this exchange in the proper thread): chainmail as a Faraday cage doesn’t work to shield LF or HF implants:

4 Likes

I see your chain mail, and raise you a gauntlet :gloves:

1 Like

I kinda want one of those now…
is that plastic or metal and where did you get it?

haha, You called my Bluff. (obviously my joke wasn’t funny)
Sorry to mislead.
I got the image of the interwebs

But if I could choose one “glove”, THIS would be my choice
images (80)

well, i got the joke and thought it was funny, but i really want to find the sauce for that image because i think it would be cool to have.
TO GOOGLE!

well you beat me to that one but look at this one i found:
I could stab myself with several more implants with that amount of money, holy shit!

1 Like

Problem solved.
For pennies on the dollar you can make a flexible glove. Just tested it. Works
Pro tip: extra thick aluminum foil

7 Likes

Ooooh rave hands for Defcon!

2 Likes

I have to wonder why this device is legal? It doesn’t sound like it conforms to part 15 of the FCC regulations.

edit: I didn’t check the timestamp on this thread. Sorry for bumping it.

1 Like

No, Thankyou, i think it’s a topic that can still live pretty well. I hadn’t thought about my implants in a place like defcon (oversite i know) as even though i don’t have any plans to fly to defcon i still think about getting a burner phone, leaving as much as possible at home ect.

Was there ever any progress on a method of shielding your implants, if you were to go somewhere sketchy like defcon?

Rfid kill or sniffing etc

A great product exist already!

I am not aware of anything being talked about on here since the first time.

1 Like

I thought the testing showed that didn’t really work

Rosco showed some chain mail socks (because of course chain mail socks instead of shoes)

And he could read thru it no problem

I was just making a joke.

Personally? I feel your best bet is just to maintain distance if you are worried about it.

If someone really wants to walk around frying peoples chips, they will sure try to.

I dont know if I see a practical need for it, but it’s nice to have tools in the toolbox is all

1 Like

Chain mail should not block the field: the magnetic field should warp around each link and then continue forward.

You might want some copper faraday shield mesh gloves.
(Carbon fiber also works wonders and is cheaper, but copper has higher absorption, especially on HF)

never seen it up for sale at “glove” form-factor, but you can find the fabric for sale fairly easy, then just stitch a patch of it inside a nice pair of gloves.

2 Likes

I believe the general consensus was that unlike what people think, Defcon is actually pretty safe in terms of personal device security, and they’re not going to be waving a NFCKill around in case it fries passports, credit cards, etc.

Saying that - don’t challenge people to hack / destroy your implants, because they will give it their best shot then.

2 Likes

For the slightly newer peeps, this was the reference for the discussion

1 Like

I’m just giving defcon a hard time, if anything it’s a compliment to the ingenuity and tenacity of the crowd

However the hacker crowd will always involve some level of fuckery

1 Like