What are some implants/modifications you all would like to see in the future?

I feel like if people could implant orgasmic inducing hardware, they would. You would be rich!

3 Likes

This is what I would get a kick out of. Just data storage. Create a vault using something like Veracrypt on the implant, encrypt all or part of the drive, then have password database backup among other things. Give me a gig or two and I would do several implants (I say this before I have even been able to get my first implants done since they’re sitting over 1,000 miles away for a while :unamused:).

There are spinal cord stimulators/implant-kind-of-thing for people who have been unable to achieve orgasms ever or after injury. I think they’re still undergoing trials and kinda hit or miss in terms of success but it’s pretty amazing.

Reminds me of a certain Aeon Flux episode.

If we go totally sci-fi, the best implant has to be STEM from the movie Upgrade. Also, incidentally, a great movie in its own right.

3 Likes

I have bone conduction glasses. Works GREAT for listening to podcasts or audiobooks without looking I’m doing anything.

1 Like

I got some that go in a special hat worked great at my last job that I could wear a hat but no headphones cause they looked unprofessional, my new job headphones are fine but hats are unprofessional lol.

I love the glasses. A bit thicker frames than I was used to before getting them, but I have not had a single person notice they had anything funky going on without me mentioning it first, and the sound is actually pretty darn decent

5 Likes

@SammichBrad those are rad man!!!

3 Likes

Obviously perfect for what you are listening to, But what is the Bass like through bone induction… I imagine not particularly good… unless you have a hollow head.
Careful how you answer :headphones: :brain: :wink:

1 Like

Curious what brand those are and whether or not people around you can hear it?

I was looking at a pair of Bose sunglasses that played music but they were a little odd to wear and you could definitely hear them

I was wondering the same. Kinda like Google glasses works but is it worth it. I don’t expect Samsung Bud Quality but how is it listening to music?

@CanuckCold bone induction allows for only the user to hear it do to the sound being induced through the wearers bones.

@SammichBrad are those the Bose headphones?

I’m pretty sure you still get sound leakage

@CanuckCold no one can hear it but me unless they’re set REALLY damn loud and someone is right near my head.

@MouSkxy the quality for music, especially if it’s base-heavy, is definitely not amazing. not HORRIBLE exactly, but would definitely annoy the crap out of an audiophile. for just talking (podcasts/audiobooks/phone calls/etc… it’s totally fine. They’re not the bose ones. It was a kickstarter from a couple years back. they’re selling them outright now though. https://vueglasses.com/ only a couple of styles, and not a ton of options, but they’re comfy and work great, so hard to complain seeing as I was starting to assume they were turning into kickstarter vapourware until they suddenly emailed me for my prescription randomly after months of no updates…

2 Likes

On top of data storage, I’d love a DAP in my arm. I imagine the controls light up under the skin like the xLEDs … but more awesome!

Maybe a 3.5mm jack behind the ears cuz Bluetooth is terrible :zipper_mouth_face:

Yeah I’m for anything I can plug into my body somewhere just cause its cool.

3 Likes

Bingo

something the size of the xLED, but able to be powered continuously!
the idea of having light up dots on the arms, face, body is the reason i looked into getting implants in the first place.

1 Like

You could get the TAAMI (Total Appliance Awareness Microchip Implant) today!

1 Like