What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

I also would have thought NOSE was the 180⁰ of that, however, printing it your way, gives it the same print path as shown in the example, plus it will not require supports for the underhang, therefore: cleaner build, less work, less material, less time, less post processing.

ie.

GDmb

2 Likes

Haha
I’m trying it with the position in my screenshot. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll flip it around.
The stl had it laying flat on it’s bottom side when I opened it in Cura so I have to flip it one way or the other.

I’m an idiot. I didn’t think about the top of it :man_facepalming:
It fits though! A little too well I can’t get it back out XD

You can always scale it up 1-2%

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got it printing again on it’s nose.

1 Like

Let me know how the nose print goes. Hopefully it can still read glassies in it.

I’m planning to get an RDV4 eventually so please don’t judge me for being both a cyborg and a hacker and not having a Proxmark :robot_windows:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

Printing on a small scale is hard! Every little defect stands out :sob:

2 Likes

Successfully read my NExT with the case on!

2 Likes

nvm, think I figured it out.

Gotta slow down

Make sure your not over extruding
Make sure you have proper minimum layer times
Drop the heat a bit if possible

Also try printing only 1 part at a time, so no travel hop zits… a million settings for travel and retractions… you can ignore all this by printing one at a time

3 Likes

Sounds like something that small/detailed lends itself to SLA/resin printing more than FDM.

2 Likes

Cool! That’s exactly the information I needed! :pray:

If some has one and wants to try it out the files are online

1 Like

Printer: Ender 3 Pro
Nozzle: 200
Bed: 60
Speed: 70
Time: 39 min

2 Likes

Wow sweet!
My setup was
Printer: Ender 3, (with glass + glue stick surface for the first time)
Nozzle: 205
Bed: 60
Speed: 50

But:
I was printing all three at the same time and I’m in a very humid and warm environment (Florida ++ kind of weather). Also, my filament might not be the best…

I will lower the temp to 200 and try them 1 by 1.

Edit: print speed 50 and travel speed 150

1 Like

I’ve got the stock magnetic bed. It’s been good enough but I want to try the glass bed at some point.
I had print speed 70, but travel speed 250 and printed all 3 at the same time.
It’s pretty dry in the room where I print and around 70 freedom units, or 21 common units temp wise.
My filament isn’t great either, trying to use it all up before my new spool gets here tonight.

The bed that came with the ender 3 wasn’t magnetic and it warped pretty bad (the center was higher) so I ended up getting the glass surface for bigger prints.

Yeah that’s about as cold as it can get here on a cold night :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can I use it as an example on the repo?

Definitely!
I’ve got a few other colors I can print out a few of them and line them all up or pile them up in one picture as well if you’d like.

1 Like

Sure! If you’re not gonna use them then you could also send them my way and I will be able to offer some choice in colors and I will send an assembled on back to you

1 Like