What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

For better or worse……

…meh

If it works it’s fine

I mean, it’s a 3D printer and not an implant. In that case, I would prefer one made in a garage in the US of A over one made in a factory in china.

:amal:

3 Likes

Just got home. Drove all day, I’m gorram tired! Just want to crawl in bed even if my sheets are in the dryer.
My dad gave me a little present to bring back though, so I don’t think I could sleep. Going to be up all night messing with the new printer :smiley:
I think little Anubis wants to help out too!

6 Likes

Nah their stepper motors would be in inches and everything would be fucked when sent over from the slicer

1 Like

I changed my slicer to inches

1 Like

I contemplated it, but I knew it would only end it disaster

It’s ok, I never actually “learn” metric… mm is just some weird arbitrary number… it holds no reference for me in the real world…
How big is 126mm? Idk 2 inches? A foot? Fuck if I know

No idea how hot 200c is… but it’s the right temperature, and sometimes needs to be a little hotter for other plastics lol

Also your meme is great except 50cal… I don’t think I’ve ever heard ANYONE use it’s metric equivalent… you’d get looks lol

Also don’t show this to pilgrim :shushing_face:

1 Like

About 5 inches, actually a little less.

I’m the weirdo who can do both…

1 Like

A failed desk clamp print turned into a new handle for my vape.

1 Like

I’m going to begin experimenting with “recycling” scrap filament

…no not making new filament, I know that’s not practical at user scale realistically

But I’ve been seeing people melt scraps into silicone molds

I’m looking into this because if I get the multi material bambu lab, I’ll likely generate plenty of waste from filament swaps…

But it looks like this might work better actually, a lot of the struggle people has is grinding up failed prints and large solid structures… the ams makes neat little filament poop Nuggets that I suspect would melt nicely

… some special sauce that I’m considering trying if I’m remotely successful at some cursory tests, might make seperating plastics via melting point easier, and reduce bubbles in the mold at the same time

I’m thinking I’ll try and just do hexagon coaster type molds, easier on the mold, and being a bestagon it will fit with other bestagons, and I can tile some wall or something with Tye dye plastic

2 Likes

Can anyone print a small somewhat solid cylinder out of some relatively soft material? Something like a hard silicone?

TPU might work for you, how small is small?

1 Like

About 1.5cm diameter, 2cm long. Small hole in the middle.

That sounds like a job for TPU

Comes in various shore hardness flavors… softer it is the harder it gets to print on Bowden drive printers. Direct drive are better for this job

I’ve heard of flexible resin for resin machines also, but more spendy

I’ve only had very limited experience with tpu, doing niche things and in ways you really aren’t supposed to… so I have no idea how to use it properly

Sounds pretty doable, what size hole?

Was gonna say…

1 Like

I can come up with a set of STL files but the holes will be 2.1mm and 3mm… gee I wonder what those could be for :wink:

6 Likes

Shouldn’t be too small, I’d certainly give it a try for you

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll make up some STLs

1 Like

Can you discuss what it’s for? Just curious so if secret not a big deal

I’m imagining like a holder sort of aid or maybe some kind of sterilization holder

2 Likes

Done.

2.1mm hole .stl
3mm hole .stl
Parametric .scad

I love OpenSCAD for simple things like this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes