What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

I worded that wrong,

I should’ve said, it looks more promising as a user friendly printer.

By way of being able to detect common print errors and stop prior to wasting further time and materials on project that has failed mid-print.

LTT just uploaded a video on that printer.

I’m taking a break right now, but the full armor is being printed.

(It’s Halo armor :slight_smile: .)

5 Likes

Print with Ender 3 and Artillery X1

7 Likes

Just set up a new Ender 3 Pro and having a little issue. The extruder gear(?) will not feed the filament. I’ve tried taking tension off of it by tightening the spring but no luck :frowning:
Think it might be a bad motor?

Is it through the extruder fully? Often will catch it the filament start isn’t chamfered

It is all the way through to the nozel

Check your cables are fully plugged in both ends, the steppers get weird

Also assuming hot end is to temp, can you depress the loading lever and manually push filament?

Could be a heat break snag or nozzle clog

But usually the extruder doesn’t wiggle back and forth like that… it will drive and then skip back

That weird wiggle, almost looks like something in the start gcode, since the bed seems to be homing

But I assume it’s the same from your other printer?

Pm sent

A few scenarios are looking possible,

Blown driver, out of tune driver, clog, gcode shenanigans, wire harnes etc

Lemme know what you see to rule things out

You can plug your good ender into your second Enders extruder stepper , and manually extrude on the good control panel to confirm stepper function…

Victory

Translation, I have broken my machine so many times like an idiot I know how to put it back together lol :laughing:

1 Like

You’re the friggen master!
Thank you!

I’ll post a bunch of links here or various suggestions
They may not ALL be the exact perfect listing, but you can poke around and see if there is a variation you like better

I use one of these, (mine I was able to use stock screws I think so check the remixes)
You can actually short some things with your bare hand on the pcb traces on the board
Ask me how I know :sweat_smile:

This little guy is great for keeping your cables maintained better in the back

This is usually know as “lukes fix”

The Bowden tube isn’t captured great and can wiggle where it meets the nozzle internally, allow molten plastic to get in between, increases resistant or delaying pressures… or causing jams

If you want to keep using that extruder and filament location, the filament will eventually wire saw thru the plastic and even brass insert, something like this or one of the hundreds of other variants will help feed filament in at a better angle

I use this to let me feather my entire bed closer or farther from my bed to fine tune adhesion or squish depending on print or material, without having to mess with the entire level

Idk if creality is still shipping their Shitty plastic teeth Bowden fittings, but if so… it’s worth a few bucks to order a set of capricorn ptfe tubing, with associated fittings…

Fits filament better, causes less pressure build up and delay, and the fittings help reduce Bowden moving around resulting in less extraction distance needed

I see you have the magnetic bed, if you have ANY issues relating to a warped bed, strongly consider glass, it can be done well or cheaply and usually helps with a warped bed… plus with the right setup, pure bare glass and clean adhesion is epic… and literally falls off with cold…. Or glass and aqua net for simple adhesion

If you move forward with the cable chains lemme know, I have a few custom pieces and make it feed cables better and cleaner

1 Like

Thank you!!!
I’m working on getting OctoPrint set up and will then move onto a couple of those!

Be aware, you can use octo with a computer if you want, but you should quadruple make sure you tell windows to fuck off forever

If windows decides to update or restart, your print goes with it…. This is the main reason people opt for pi’s

This was the best octoprint guide I watched, uses the secret menu to make it easier

1 Like

XD
I’ve got an rpi I’m using. Turns out I did need all those mini USB cables that I tossed a few months ago though XD
I’ll have to get it set up tomorrow after another run to Microcenter…and a camera for the printers, and the Capricorn kit…and maaaaaybe another Ender if they’ll let me use the coupon for a third time :rofl:

I really kinda want the big bad ender 5 plus and or an resin printer

But I’ve heard enough issues that I don’t wanna drop the money…. Also I’m literally drowning… too much stuff not enough space

We downgraded to a less than we want apt to save up for a year, to get a house… turns out global pandemics aren’t good for the home buyers

lol dang
Gotcha
That Ender 5 does look sick!

The 5 is just a ender 3 in a cube format,
The 5 PLUS is a significant size increase… and the bed isn’t unevenly loaded