What are your hobbies?

source (3)

2 Likes

I’ve been getting out and riding more lately since I’ve got access to some great roads now.

5 Likes

That’s an incredible view! What part of the world is that?

That’s on the Blue Ridge Parkway in central Virginia. The parkway runs almost 500 miles and connects two national parks.

3 Likes

I miss my R3 so much :sob: I was actually planning to head up that way shortly before my accident :cry:

1 Like

Nice bike and view! It’ll have a bit more poke than the Italian shopping bikes I ride :slight_smile:

1 Like

Skate-/Longbaoarding, learning the tricks +adrenalin.
Hacking, like CTFs and Bug Bounty.
And soon hardware stuff, gonna play with some antennas n stuff.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s funny because I always have people asking why I didn’t get a bigger bike. Like I really need a liter bike to go around on public streets :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m 6’2" tall at 340lbs. I used to bop around on a 1978 125cc Suzuki enduro. Miss that thing some days. Sounded like a pissed off chainsaw.

2 Likes

Let’s see, I think I have a lot more interests than hobbies (too poor to dedicate money to one thing). I’m interested in mechanical watches, fountain pens, straight razor shaving, locks and lock sport. I also shoot target archery and coach youth archery. I’m starting to enjoy woodworking too. Horror and sci-fi books and movies. Think that’s about it.

1 Like

Hrmm… the pandemic has curtailed my binge drinking and sleeping around, so I primarily watch TV with my wife… for a while there I was collecting Sega crap - I bought an Analogue Mega SG over the springtime. I’m also a horror movie obsessive and I collect movie trailer blurays? I guess that’s a thing!

1 Like

Boy I’m so glad I live in a low population density area. The pandemic has had almost zero effect here. Live as usual since the beginning - or close to. Better actually: all the public services are appointment-only now, meaning you don’t have to wait in line, and they receive you on time.

The only time I was reminded of the pandemic was today: a new employee came in this morning, I had completely forgotten about the virus thing and shook his hand. I was quickly reminded by our secretary that it was a no-no now.

So weird to hear about what’s happening in other countries. I feel for you guys.

1 Like

Since late March I’ve been into the office once, and that was last week for an hour to collect some components. If we can work from home then that’s what we’re encouraged to do. I’m reasonably well sorted at home for a lab/workshop so can get by for now.

Any good horror movies you can suggest?

You didn’t ask me, but anyway - Hellraiser! Always and forever :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Many people who are afraid of chipimplants write wstch:
“The Belko Experiment”

One of my absolute favourite movies are:

CUBE, Cube 2 - Hypercube, Cube Zero

2 Likes

If you wanna be scared shitless, watch U.S. politics/news.

4 Likes

At this point it’s both scarier and less realistic than a lot of horror movies I’ve seen.

1 Like

Not horror, but cool.

History of time travel. I found it on amazon.

1 Like

Off the top of my head: Night of Fear (the Australian one), Zulawski’s Possession, Shivers, Nightmares in a Damaged Brain, The Last Horror Film, Let The Right One In, It Follows, either version of Suspiria, The Babysitter, Hooper’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Blood Feast, Bay of Blood, P2, and Sleepaway Camp (the Citizen Kane of my people).

2 Likes