What do you guys do with your implants?

What do you guys use your implants for? I just built a pico based rfid reader for my dad’s and my implants but I’m not sure what to do with it now. Any ideas?

1 Like

I use mine every day at work, to open my toolbox.

Other popular choices include opening / unlocking. Safes, drawers, cars, motorcycles, gun safes. Also gets used as a PC password by a few people.

It’s literally just a matter of deciding what you want to control, and coming up with a method to do it.

3 Likes

Business card and a couple of links.

I wanted to get rid of my keys but life got a bit crazy last year.

1 Like

My work has badge readers on everything so mostly for that… Can’t forget it if it’s in your hand lol

Opens my garage door at home.
Opens the parking garage I use at work.
Opens my work building and the different floors (I don’t lock my office).
Business card.
Computer login.

I also have a reader on the gate to the court yard at my home but am yet to set it up. Will likely do that this weekend.

The only key I now have is the fob for my car.

Edit: and brag about having implants!

Right now I only use my NExT to share links, log into my computer, store information that I’ll need later and to brag about having an implant. Once I get around to it I’ll talk to IT and see if I can get it enrolled in their system, removing my need for an access card. Might not work though, I didn’t check to see if the chipsets matched before I bought it.

I’m currently saving to get a Walletmor and Apex Flex, and that’ll be when the fun begins.

1 Like

Check out this thread

2 Likes

Building/Work tag based access with xEM glassie

Custom house door lock with DF2 Flexie

Custom Access control on my PC with DF2

Emergency Google Maps Link on DF2

Plus small projects

1 Like

Freak, the normies

7 Likes

Unlock/lock my gate
Open/close my garage
unlock my door handle
start my pc
login to my pc
share my contact card
share my website
also various home automation stuff

1 Like

Homeassistant

3 Likes

I must admit this was an unexpectedly satisfying side effect.
Topped only by using another magnet to pull one of my titans up. Their in the loose skin on the back of my hands, so you can really see 'em.

2 Likes

This is definitely a fun thing to do. They always freak out when I unlock my car/pop the trunk with nothing but my hand like it’s a normal thing to do. I have loved how much of a conversation starter it is.

2 Likes

XSSID in my hand I use mine to unlock/lock BIOS of my laptop/PC. PIN for my PC/Laptop. I also store some information about me instead I got into an accident. I use it also for my password in my social media accounts and others etc. I launch PlayStation App with it too to play remotely or view games. Planning to buy a NFC door and car next time!

1 Like

I cloned my badge to open doors at work. My students are generally incredulous about my door-opening ability until I show them. Then they are amazed. I also use it as and RFID Key for a push button start system on my '86 4Runner. Because, Why Not?

2 Likes

I have an Apex Flex. I use it as my BIP32 hardware wallet means store my crypto on it.
Also it’s my 2FA device works with TOTP and at last I have an NDEF record on it which is my business card

1 Like

NExT Implant here, social media link and my work badge, pretty basic but in the future I’m looking at the APEX when it’s a little more fleshed out.