What do you wish you had known before your first implant?

The piece of advice I thought of AFTER my implant.

I shoulda took the tylenol BEFORE getting stabbed in the hand.

I’ve also kind of wondered if something that reduces swelling / inflamation (aleve maybe?) might be a bad idea. You want the wound irritated so it’ll encapsulate, right?

1 Like

Advil is more for inflammation, Tylenol is mostly a pain killer

In my own ignorant way, I tend to use “tylenol” or “aspirin” to refer to all over the counter analgaesics.

You’re right though. Thinking of advil as a possible poor choice. Even if it isn’t, Tylenol is still a good one. Oh, and take the 8hour stuff. You’re not gonna want to be prying open bottles for a coupla hours after.

I sometimes get acute gout attacks which can also lead to kindey stones if I’m not careful… both are like having razorblades floating around in your body. I use a combination of acetaminophen, ibuprofen and naproxen. Those last two are NSAIDs but they work slightly differently and all that stuff together can work wonders… but dosing must be done carefully.

Not super worried about pain killers… Weed is legal here haha… But that’s still solid advice to think about. :smiley:

1 Like

Found the other Canadian

3 Likes

No doot aboot it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The only thing I wish I would have paid more attention to was just how large the magnet and needle were. 100% my fault but still, larger than I expected. It didn’t slow me down though, I got my XG3 and implanted it in the same afternoon.

1 Like

Have you seen the Flex needles yet?

2 Likes

no I haven’t, I’m pretty new to this whole thing.
I should also clarify, I put the xG3 in my fingertip.

It’s fairly massive…

Not to mention that it goes into you an inch in a half, as a separate step from implanting the chip.

Getting ready for the Apex Flex injection… I’m assuming…

4 Likes

Well, I installed this one myself, I’m sure its only a matter of time before I order one.

I have seen a lot about the Apex Flex, guess I should figure out what it is because yall seem fairly excited by it.

1 Like

I don’t know about the rest of these guys, but I’ve been waiting for something like this for 4-ish years

2 Likes

I’ve been interested in this stuff for like… 6 months? only really started diving in a few days ago though. I’m a wee noob at all this.

I lurked on the Biohack.me forums for a few years before this. I’ve always been more into the magnet side of things, but saw they were having a Cyborg Monday deal on here last year and the impatience of waiting for a properly coated magnet got to me, so I got chipped while I waited.

The thing I’m most excited for about the Apex line is the ability to finally make contactless payments. It’s going to do so much more, but for now, that’s all I’m concerned with it doing. The PGP and two-factor modules seem super useful as well though.

It’s been really cool to watch the evolution of chips though, from people buying pet tags to stick into themselves, to a whole line/industry based around human specific implants.

5 Likes

Best place to answer that question is HERE
and you will probably find this there also, but just in case, HERE

2 Likes

My answer is basically identical to @Pilgrimsmaster’s I just scoured the internet for the info I needed to be 100% sure I got the right chip I needed. For the sake of answering the question, I wish I knew vivokey was just as/more capable than a normal ntag216 chip. Other than that nothing.

2 Likes