What Tag/Transponder to ge for a Motogadget m.lock?

Indeed that is the reason for an implant, very tough to find a middle ground between peace of mind and simplicity. Maybe one day we will get the best of both.

1 Like

It might be possible to take one of those disc locks apart and mod it with a solenoid and reader… but that’s a serious project and expensive since the alarm probably isn’t cheap.

I’ve been googling for hours trying to find anything about vespa immobilizer bypass and this is the only post about it. Yours is the 2014 model so it should be similar to mine. How did you bypass the immobilizer? I want to do a keyless ignition system.

After trying for hours the solution I found is quite simple: I took a spare key, programmed it, cut out the little transponder (placed inside the blue grip) and stick that transponder next to the ignition lock (the antenna is the black plastic ring around the lock).

Since there is a drawback (the immobilizer will not work with 2 transponders next to the antenna, so a possible spare key with still integrated transponder won’t work) I found the best place to secure the transponder is the right-sided plastic cap for the breaking liquid. I simply stuck the transponder with a gaffer tape at the closest point next to the ignition lock. At that position it’d be easy to remove the transponder quickly…
I hope I was able to help.

1 Like

I just got a MO. Lock and I have a xEM implantat.

I program the lock using the master key, the lock blinks when the implantat is presented. But after the programming nothing is happening.

I then programmed a plain Em4100 (cheap Chinese) and my implantat… Now Im able to turn on the lock with the em4100 and off with my implantat.

Still unable to turn it on with the implantat - anyone have an idea?

That is weird, can the chinese card turn off also or only on?

I imagine you have tried to re-enroll a few times.
My initial thought is when enrolling you did not get a complete write to your xEM.

Try using the LF xFD you would have recieved with your xEM to find the sweet spot on the m.lock (if you could document / :camera: that and share here it might help others in the future) Then replicate that position with your xEM don’t move, then try to enroll again, but wait a few seconds longer than you would normally do

Do you have access to a Proxmark?

Yes the Chinese can easily turn on and off.

The xEM can turn it off with quite a long distance about 1 cm…

Unfortunately I do not have access to a proxmark :frowning:

That is a good sign?

Are you in a position to do this.

Using the LF xFD I get a almost the same weak light, I tried to replicate that spot to my implant - but the result is the same - also when I let it stay for approx 2 sec.

Just for information my implant is with 125khz and 13,56 transponder in the same implantat.

I noticed mine is called MO.lock, and it is from the same company that did the m. Lock. They look very similar, but the name.

What would you approach be with a proxmark 3?

I just don’t get that my xEM turns it of perfect every time, but not on

A Scan / Read and comparison of each of the cards and your implant to look for any differences.
Then likely a copy and clone of card to implant

Can you recommend what version of the Proxmark 3 to get, I doubt the cheap Chinese will be wise?

This is the cheap Chinese one, but it comes precompiled with the best and latest firmware.

The antenna is not optimised for use with the xSeries implants, but it is possible.

otherwise if you want to spend $300 plus $35 on an Proxmark 3 RDV4 and LF antenna, respectively, I can provide you a link.

There is a possibility that this will work, but I am not sure if anybody has tried it with the M.lock or Mo.lock

I purchased one of these ignitions a while back and it is named m-lock however I think it’s just an older generation of the mo.lock. that being said, my NExT implant only turns it on when smashed directly on it and slowly twisting and moving to get the angle just perfect, and it takes a few minutes of fiddling the same way to get it to turn off. I have yet to install it for the impractical read range and the extra challenge of my bike being electric with extra challenges (no always on 12v source —___—). If you figure anything out, I’d be excited to hear the results, because at the moment mine is just a waste of money and space.

@Pilgrimsmaster

I have recieved my Proxmark 3 and the LF antenna, compiled and installed the Iceman repo.

Did an Em410x clone from a Chinese Em4100 transponder to my implant, and can now confirm the motor gadget is working 100% - happy me :blush:

Thanks for your hint :blush:

5 Likes

Fantastic,
Also thank you for updating us.
It really adds to the community and will likely help somebody else out in the future

2 Likes

just occurred to me that the LF side on my NeXT is provisioned as an ioProx card so it likely wouldn’t work with the m.lock/mo-lock anyway, huh?

Yeah, I think you may be in the market for an xEM or NExT Implant

aw darn. Whatever shall I do. Blinkie NeXT when? :stuck_out_tongue: