What to do if your implant wasn't put in deep enough?

Shout-out ONCE AGAIN, Amal and DT have 10/10 customer service!

5 Likes

@Nbvcxz01 How exactly did the placement work in your finger? I’ve been considering that placement for an xSIID, but wasn’t quite sure how it would work out.

1 Like

My implants are in the webbing between thumb and index finger. Sorry I have no info on putting them in a finger. Sorry

I would not recommend placing an xSIID in your finger…that is an encapsulated bio-glass implant. Reason is because if you are to hit the implant against something the implant will be pinched and possibly crushed against the bone of your finger.

The implant that I did have in my finger was a “flex” style implant…completely different than the xSIID implant. I highly suggest that you look at the flexNT implant on the DT products website to get a better understanding of the different types of implants.

2 Likes

Ah. Thanks. I completely overlooked the fact that yours was a flex. Hence the interesting in how it went. I never would have considered putting a glass tag in a finger, but after my misinterpretation of your comment I wondered what your experience might have been.

I just got handed the noobie card… Lol. Guess I’ll be reading things more carefully moving forward.

here is his original post, you might not want to look if you are bothered by blood

Thanks for the link. Looks like it was a fun install!

Here is a link to how my hand looks today. It’s almost healed up. Now just waiting on the new Vivokey and we punch hole number 2 lol. I will let the same piecer try to get better at it. I called and explained what went wrong. His boss said sure we can try again. I’ll update you all when I get to that point :).
https://s.amsu.ng/b2Gnf8euG9VN

1 Like

Great stuff !
People make mistakes, I hope they are not charging you but rather using it as a learning experience and a way to make amends.
I hope it goes well

1 Like

Update:
As of last night the piecer who did the original implant sat with me for an hour. we went over videos and the pdf about implants. He really did a great job of getting everything right. Better placement, depth and sterile working area. He was very sorry about the way it worked out 1st time. I belive he will be signing up with Ksec solutions uk as a partner. We will then have a local pro installer :slight_smile: many thanks again to DT for all your help and the new spark2 kit.
A very very happy customer

5 Likes

Awesome, I’m glad you gave them another shot. :syringe::raised_hand:
Sounds like it worked out for the best.

1 Like

let us know how it goes, if they get on the partner map

Well 24 hours on and it’s almost healed. The chip is in the perfect position. What a difference when the installer takes his time to think about it. Over all I hope he gets on the ksec list as it would be great for him. His name is George dine @ Reaperz piercing/ tattooing . So if you south east kent in uk … he can do it well now.

4 Likes