What's it gots in it's pocketses?

I’ve definitely considered grabbing one or two of those, but the price is a bit more then I can justify. Converting it into a covert companion-type thing is actually a really good idea though

1 Like

tenor

4 Likes

Trust me, I thought about it! I’d be worried about bricking it though, and my xM1 is serving me pretty well. I’d much rather get an Apex or flexMN right now then another m1k :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m a little late to the party, but that KeyPort Pivot thing just blew my f***ing mind. Never even considered that as a possibility for key storage, so much better than a jumble of keys in your pocket! Picking one up now, glad you decided to post about it!

1 Like

I just love that butterfly knife!
I used to play around with those a lot in my teenage years (just for fun, never really used it :wink: ), but sadly, those things are no longer allowed in Germany…

2 Likes

Never REALLY used it, or never ACTUALLY used it :dagger: :drop_of_blood:

Now you can scratch that itch, without breaking the law

4 Likes

Or crack open a cold one with da bois

41+SHNHHMKL.AC_SY1000

5 Likes

There are a lot of great ones with trainer blades… but where’s the fun in that? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, you mean one if these?

3 Likes

Hehe… never used it, except for improving my dexterity :wink: But that’s the point of them, isn’t it? :smile:

Agree - I need to have a slight risk to hurt myself if I do something wrong, and I hate dull knives with a passion. If I want to stab someone, I could use a kitchen knife as well, so what’s the point of dulling beautiful knives?

2 Likes

And my phone which I used to take the pictures.

4 Likes

laughs in OTF auto

Some of you carry a lot of stuff, I wasn’t expecting that in this specific community.

I just carry my keys, wallet, fountain pen, and my phone. And I’m trying to make my keyring smaller and move everything to a KeySmart.

4 Likes

giphy

I’m similar. Just keys, wallet, pen (usually a Pilot G2 .38 for me, my fountain pens stay at home :wink: ), and my phone, but I also always carry bluetooth earbuds. Usually either my Galaxy Buds+ or Buds Pro depending on the day. Never know when you’re going to be sitting somewhere waiting for ages, or having to do a long walk. Podcasts or music really help pass the time.

If I’m going somewhere to do work I’ll bring a multitool and knife, but that’s sadly becoming less common lately.

I’d like to carry my lockpicks around, I’ve got a nice sparrows set, but in Indiana, while they’re legal, they can get you in trouble if you’ve got them on you while committing a different crime (burglary tools). I do a bit of urban exploration, and if things ever went sideways it would create some serious problems haha. Campus police probably wouldn’t like it either, if I was found to have them on me.

I carry around a Sheaffer Sagaris, my nicer FPs stay at my office.

I’ve tried an EDC fountain pen three times, with a Lamy Safari, a Jinhao X450, and a Pilot Metropolitan.

The Lamy and the Jinhao both ended up leaking after a few days and making a mess (tried both cartridges and a quality refillable insert filled with Noodler’s Black), and my Pilot I accidentally dropped in class :sob: it fell straight on the nib, ruining the nib, and threw ink all over the floor. It was super embarrassing having to clean it up.

I love fountain pens, but for me personally they haven’t been practical for on-the-go use :cry: Still love writing with them, but I save it for special occasions at home now.

I’m surprised that a Lamy leaked, those tend to be very reliable. I had to replace the converter in my Sheaffer as it developed a leak… But thankfully, I was able to use that pen with cartridges until I got the replacement part.

I’m wondering if we need to start a Fountain Pen thread now…

My wife has way more impressive fountain pens than me. But I have some nice ones.

1 Like

We should.
I was given a fountain pen (made by Super5) by a German Exchange student friend I had back in high school, I never figured out how to use it if I’m honest but I just love looking at it sometimes it makes me feel fancy

3 Likes

Pro tip for anyone who likes Pilot G2 pens, but wants something nicer: swing by an office store and grab a G2 Limited, they use the same ink, but the build quality and feel is a world of difference

2 Likes