What's it gots in it's pocketses?

My Daily carry always consists of my wallet and my phone, and is frequently accompanied by a Zebra F-701, a deck of cards, and a radio or two plus antennas/equipment/junk

My wallet has a few tools in it, the only one maybe worth mentioning is a P-38 can opener, it’s tiny and terrible at just about everything you can use it for, but it’ll open cans, boxes, stubborn packages, whatever. Not at all a pleasant tool for the job, but it hasn’t failed me yet

1 Like

Are the G2 refills the same size of the Pilot Frixion ones? In that case, those should fit in the Lamy Tipo and probably a few other models. And these are way nicer.

I believe the G2 refills are a little smaller than the Frixion ones, so it could work. I personally prefer the limited over the Tipo though, I’m not a fan of using the clip as a clicker

What kind of radios? HAM radios? O.o

1 Like

Ham and occasionally GMRS too

1 Like

Nice!
My Kenwood HT just sits on my desk recently. Need to use it more.

1 Like

I EDC a lamy safari, and backpack carry a Lamy 2k, Lamy Al-Star (architect), Lamy Aion (Imperium Nib), Parker Jotter Fountain, and a Lamy Vista. Plus I just picked up three Sailor compasses from Goulet Pens.

Edit: older pictures with some changes, but I am currently away from most of my gear visiting family in a not so freedom loving state.

3 Likes

Sorry to derail, but to add… you MUST try the Sharpie S-Gel pen. I loved using Pilot G2 throughout High School and College. I tried the Sharpie Gel pen at work, and I’ll never go back to G2. All my coworkers comment on it when they borrow my pen. (Some are even still “borrowing” them).

3 Likes

I own a few of them, and was absolutely surprised to find that I personally can’t stand them, I don’t know what it is about them, but I don’t find them comfortable or enjoyable to write with at all
They’re nice pens, they’re just not for me

3 Likes

I use the sharpie pen insert in my Big Idea Design Pocket Pro (Brass Patina edition). I switched after having a ton of the G2 inserts leak in my pocket after a morning of warehouse work. My recommendation (if you want to) would be to find a pen that takes a bunch of different refills and try it again.

2 Likes

I do like the look of the Pocket Pro, but I think I’ll stick with my F-701 for now, It’s my favorite choice for EDC so far

I edc a BigIDesign pocket pro and a couple fountain pens (currently a titanium Lamy Safari knockoff from wish, and a Sailor Compass)

1 Like

I like my Lamy FP’s, and I carried my Metropolitan for a while, but until I can find a bulk storage FP that I like, I just haven’t found anything that beats the slim F-701

My brother carries a TWSBI Eco that holds a ton of ink and is very nice, but it’s just a bit bulky for my tastes, so I’ve stuck with ballpoint so far. Though, their Diamond pen in Nickel Gray looks pretty sweet

2 Likes

Somebody say fountain pens?

I’m partial to the Parker myself, and I also have a custom one somewhere… Dang where did that get to…

4 Likes

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good folding/pocketable screwdriver receiver that fits standard 1/4 inch bits?

It depends on how much you want to spend. I am partial to the BigiDesign bit bar

But it is $120 and I think there is a plastic knockoff at Home Depot or Lowes for like $8.

I moved some of my keys to a KeySmart Mini. Still not as nice as not having to worry about any keys at all but it’s progress.

Motorola one 5g ace, Galaxy Watch 4, glasses or contacts, debit card, $20, UA sportsmask, airpods, tiny swiss army knife if I’m not somewhere I can’t have it.

If I have a backpack, it adds stuff like a Microsoft surface go, various USBc PD chargers/battery packs, a small Logitech mouse, a rotring 600 mechanical pencil, and all my school stuff.

1 Like

I love this thread.

Pocketses

Phone (Not Pictured Pixel 8)
SaddleBack Leather Wallet (This is the only wallet i have had that has lasted)
Griffin OTF 3.75" Knife D2 Tanto (WeDontSellSpoons.com)
Nitecore 180 Lumen Penlight
Shinola Caveman Watch

Wearable Pocketsses

(Left to Right)
Field Notes Leather Notebook Cover
Field Notes Pitch Black Dot Grid Booklet

Maxmadco Titanium Pen W/Ridges (Out of Production)
Itoya Aquaroller .07

Go Anywhere Keys (Half of these i got from Deviant Olam, i added some of my own)
Elevator, escalator, ford fleet, forklift, CAT, DoorAccessPanels, Mailbox, etc)

Other Go Anywhere Keys but specifically around Convention Centers and Expo Halls (My current line of work). Also a Lillytab key which is crazy handy.

Klien Wire Strippers with Vcutter Attachment for Romex and Cat6
Not Pictured the Klien Cat6 Crimper w/Passthrough (Currently being lent out)

(Top to Bottom)
Klein Tools HVAC Screwdriver
With Add-on Nut Driver Tips and shaft
AVX 9176 Punchdown Tool

USB-C Modified TS100 Soldering Iron
Precision Locking Tweezers

1 Like

I always carry a bottle opener/knife combo with a pocket clip. A hard combination to find but these last few years I’ve been very pleased with this kershaw

It’s a bit bigger than the Wootz EDC I used to have but hasn’t destroyed my pockets so that’s a win.
Plus it’s solid. I’ve used it to smash, pry open, pierce, leverage and break a bunch of stuff and it’s still good as new.

1 Like