Would you like to learn super basic programming?

Cheers mate

2 Likes

@ODaily For those of us who won’t be able to get a kit any time soon, is there a specific simulator you know of to download? Help keep software a-like between us

I think Satur9 hit the nail on the head.

I’m loosely planning to use this, but I haven’t had the chance to dig into it yet. It seems really well setup to simulate Arduino, and any components you might want to imagine.

I wish I could go more in depth, but like I said, just haven’t had time to mess with it on my own yet.

3 Likes

Yes. Available Australia, through Amazon.
$99 free shipping

1 Like

All good. I don’t know anything about it but I’ll give it a fiddle and test as soon as I can

That’s what I found too. Just not ready to fork out that much ATM. There are other $60 kits on the page but haven’t had time to dig through them and check parts.

2 Likes

Ok, tinkercad I use… so I can help out a bit with that… I’m not a master but I can make some functional stuff

As far as 3D design goes anyways

2 Likes

I’m up for it.

2 Likes

Please tell me Aussie dollars are about 3 to 1 to US dollars. Cause that seems insanely high. That kit is 29.99 US here.

1 Like

Currently $30 USD is $42 AUD. When I get a moment I’ll break down the other kits for similar parts for us

2 Likes

Best I can find is a $49 AUD kit with not the same, but similar, parts.

I volunteer to order the UK version of the kit, stick a label on it and forward to AUS if you require so. Then you don’t need to compromise.
It might be a silly idea, I don’t know about import charges, so as always, correct me if Im wrong.

1 Like

Amazon in Australia is a bit expensive, might be good to look for semi-wholesale options on ebay.

Correction: with the kit being $30 USD, and conversion makes it $42 AUD, the amazon listing seems good. Only thing I can think of that could be an issue is the difference in parts.

That’s was a wonderful thought. However my daughter currently lives in London and the postage is $40AU per kg. Speaking with my local post office, since covid, international postage to some countries is available at premium rate only. This is not the case with England, it just costs a lot.

The exchage rate does not equate to that. It is just the cost of it. Since becoming a Biohacker about 6yrs ago, I have been sourcing items from OS, mostly USA. I use RESHIP to get my products when vendors don’t ship to AU. I obviously weigh up cost, tax, P&H. AU only introduced an import tax 10% July 2018 (I think that’s correct year)

This sounds super awesome! Thanks for offering your time to do something like this. Would love to join in.

It might be more expensive from Oz to UK then the other way around. See comments about flights. I can double check if you enquires so. I live next to the post office.

Don’t forget to budget in for the green cutting mat. It’s a kind of given for anyone that does electronics from home, particularly if you share pictures or videos.

1 Like

Honestly, if you can afford it, a good silicone mat is often better, especially if you want to get into more advanced electronics involving soldering.

Or even better a rubber anti static mat (not the cheap PVC ones)

They are almost cut proof as well as heat resistant, and well, anti static.

I can’t stand the silicone ones myself!

1 Like