X Access Control lock for a car door

i have an old ford upgraded with the full door kit, that comes with 2 remotes. see amazon link :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOHAUX-Central-Locking-Keyless-Actuator/dp/B07JWF5GCR/

been thinking about adding a reader to open the doors, which seems fairly easy to add to it.
but then i want to start the car with the NeXT aswell and haven’t got to that bit yet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got of these bad boys off of Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCAYQ0G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and it works great only problem I had is that the program button fell off right after I programed my NeXT to it

Nice and cheap :slight_smile:

But at the moment, since its a 33year old car, i am looking more into simple relays hooked up to arduino. Since i will use an arduino to hook up my reader. So its all running in sync.

Been thinking on how to disable the steering lock and trying to have it co-exist with the key. Just to have a backup incase…

Does this also work at all for door control or just ignition?

It just works for ignition

1 Like

I ordered one of these as well, haven’t been able to find someone willing to install it in my car yet :smile: also still need to by a bypass

Alright I finally my keyless entry in and I got it to unlock with the Xac but I was wondering if there was a way to also lock the car with it since my car doesn’t let you lock the door when the door is open so I can’t just lock it on my way out without using a key

where have you put the antenna?

does it lock when you scan with the door closed?

I plan on putting the antenna under the mirror. And right now it’s not installed in the car but I have it set up outside of the car and I have it to where it would unlock my car I was just wondering if it would possibly to do both lock and unlock.

did you wire it up to the power lock? or to the controller of the power locks that was in the kit?

i think it should do both unlock, lock depending on which state it is? like a toggle switch.

My plan is to wire it to the controller

Ok so I managed to blow a fuse.

This is the wiring diagram for the door lock module and I was just wondering if I can just connect the wires from the xac directly to it or if I would need something else.

Also if possible which Xac wires would I put where?

Thanks for the help because I have very little idea as to what I’m doing.

so in order to close and open the door you have to connect to white or brown wire coming from the front door actuator momentarily to ground. so (white = close, brown = open. or vice versa :wink: )

i have no experience with the Xac, since i use an arduino to control everything.

edit: the xEM AC v2 has only 1 relay, so it is not feasible that you can open and close the door lock with what you have. at discord i saw somebody developing a “simple sexy” board. with a microcontroller, a reader and couple of relays. So i guess that will be the “easiest” to get you started.

1 Like

I think its called a simpleAC now but yeah it works really well for this providing you are happy to change some simple code. In fact it’s exactly how I’m about to mod my car for lock / unlock with my xsiid.

P.s. @Chimpofm

1 Like

Where would I get the simply ac board?

How would I hook up the xac to just unlock the door?

Sorry for all the questions but I don’t know what doing and already blew a fuse and don’t to break anything else

So to hook up the xAC to just lock the door you would put the common (of the relay) to ground and the normally open (of the relay) to the white or brown wire (which ever one locks the door).

For a simpleAC shoot @Chimpofm a dm on the forum or if your on the dangerous discord his username is the same there.

That me :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much for a simpleAC?

I’ll be 100% honest here. I created an account here because I’m trying to do the exact same thing as the OP and I’m not sure how to make this happen.

Do I need an arduino, or some other micro controller?

What parts are actually needed to make this work?
My thinking is actuator, two relays, and an xAC. Im spinning in circles and really hoping I’m not yelling into a void…

The Xac is an access controller, it doesn’t need an additional microcontroller.

When the Xac scans a valid chip it turns on an output for a period of time. You need to make that signal do whatever you want to happen.