xBT placement and temperature readings

Of course. I was just kidding. Glad it turned out OK for you :+1: . Digestive issues are really painful.

Still joking, reading “the research team rebuilt my stomach” , I can’t help but picture in my mind the intro of the serie “The Six Million Dollar Man”: “Gentemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology”.
</joke mode>

As long as you remove the biobond cap on the xBT this would be totally fine.

1 Like

Damn … now I want 2 xBT (1 for implantation, 1 for “single use trip” :sweat_smile: ) and a Halo reader! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Dosnt have to be single use :rofl:

2 Likes

Interesting study here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2881076/

I could have saved myself a lot of “gold standard” measurements if I had read that study earlier: the test subjects in the study are pigs, which are comparable in size with a human being, the chip is the IPTT-300 used in the xBT aka Destron Fearing BioThermo, and the results are in line with mine - i.e. the chip’s measurements correlate well with digital rectal temperature measurements, and are roughly 1C lower.

Then again, pigs don’t wear clothes. So maybe my own personal tests weren’t so pointless :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed it was
HOWEVER

I challenge that theory

:tophat: :eyeglasses:
:pig::pig_nose:

4 Likes

Just took the mother of all hot saunas: the back passage thermometer reads 41.5C, IR in-ear thermometer reads 40.5C and the xBT also reports 40.5C.

So, pretty accurate even in high temperature.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Ugh, ok… keeping the quoted post in mind, and I apologize for suggesting something so outré (which is why I censored it), but…

What about a post-orchiectomy scrotum? No organs to shift things around, decent thorax placement, and the biggest combination of pro/con I can think of: it sure as hell hasn’t been attempted in the course of humankind

…although it’d be pretty funny to tap the Halo on yr junk whenever you wanna do a reading.

EDIT: erm… is the spoiler bracket not working rn? Or is that just via mobile? :fearful:

2 Likes

Should be fine

For whats its worth I don’t think anything in your post needs blurring… fixed for you

There are a couple of ways to use the blur spoiler function.

Select Blur spoiler then fill out between the brackets
or
Highlight what you want to blur then select Blur spoiler

1 Like

Yeah, I used the drop-down option. Maybe it’s only visible to me cos it’s my own post.

I figured it was a little more prudent to blur things if I’m getting a little too Cronenbergian.

1 Like

if you tap it again, it should toggle between blur and visible for you

1 Like

There is one location for a xBT I’ve been thinking about for a while, that would yield almost perfectly accurate temperature readings and wouldn’t require implantation in the traditional sense: the bladder. Push the chip up in there, and it should float around happily and be readable through the lower abdomen with a decently powerful reader - which the Halo is.

The reason I haven’t done it yet? I bet you anything the chip eventually will find its way down the drain hole, just above the prostate, thin end first, and block the flow of urine like a friggin’ bathtub stopper. That means an emergency trip to the hospital, and not tomorrow.

There would have to be a way to give the chip a shape that would prevent it from ever entering the urethra or blocking it in any way, but since it’s glass, it’s not gonna happen.

1 Like

I bet you’d pass it like a kidney stone.

1 Like

I know enough to want to avoid finding out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I’m curious as to the displacement / specific gravity of the xSeries implants. Will they float in fresh water, blood, urine, etc…

Er… Why did this end up in here? I meant to post it in the xBT thread

Pilgrimsmaster, maybe you could move it?

Even if it floats, the flow of urine going out will fatally pull it towards the exit.

Thanks bubba! I genuinely have no idea how that ended up in the other thread.