xDF2 is not responding to any reader

Speaking of which, care to divulge the name of your company? I’m always on the lookout for implant-compatible smartlocks…

As mentioned we do test each device before inserting into the needle, however the EO gas sterilization procedure does introduce some thermal cycling that could turn a marginal antenna connection into a broken one. If it truly is DOA we will ship another to you immediately.

1 Like

Amal / DT will sort you out implant wise.

There are currently many people now and will be in the future, people wanting implant compatible door locks.

Do you have any that you work with that you could recommend?
Also, I am curious if you have read and if you had any thoughts and opinions on this, and would this be something your company may be interested in? or again, if you already have an off the shelf product that we don’t know about that ticks all the boxes…

1 Like

Thank you for all the replies! To amal I’ll wait til the acr122u arrives for a last final try and the conclusion to my xDF2 but so far it didn’t react to anything. To the question of Rosco: the company i work for is Dom Security. To the question of Pilgrimsmaster: the devices i could definitely confirm to work with the tags (and has good reading performance) is the Els Pro (125kHz) that will work quite well with the tags but i couldn’t test all yet and the Eniq Pro (13,56MHz)
it has a bit less range but it reads the xNT and the xM1+ quite good. I need to do some deeper testing with it to get valid conclusions but so far it looks quite good. I want to eventually be able to test the full setup of chips that dangerous things has to offer. Our locks are compatible with most chip types like (13,56MHz) the Ntag 213 to 216, mifare classic, desfire ev1 and ev2, mifare ultralight and ultralight c and probably a few more that i can’t remember right now, the icode dna tags or vivo key tags are sadly not compatible. On 125khz all the chips should be compatible as far as i know. But anyways… i’ll wait til the ac122u arrives til i can definitely say that my xDF2 is not working.

1 Like

@Spyfoxls, mate that is some really great info thank you.
I will update the spreadsheet accordingly and link to your post
:+1:

I hope all works out with your xDF2

Nice products, thanks for the info! Sadly, you guys don’t offer Scandinavian versions of your nice door handles. My quest to find one that’s implant-compatible seems to be going nowhere :slight_smile:

You know what? For some reason I managed to miss your spreadsheet until now. it’s really nice!
May I suggest a few additions / modifications?

• Becode AIR+ cam lock: works with NFC UIDs
  • Rollock Smart Lock W111/W112 smartlocks: works with NFC UIDs - tried it myself, the manufacturer is next door to me
  • Idesco Door Handle 7N & rebrands: works with NFC UIDs but does NOT work with implants (doesn’t wake up)
  • ACM08Y, ACM26C readers, and any of the kajillion variants of that reader design available from China: read EM4xxx’s. Long range. Wiegand or RS232 interface
  • Identiv uTrust 3700 F USB PC/SC NFC reader. Slightly worse performances than the ACR122U, but otherwise works well with HF implants
  • Elatec TWN4 MultiTech 2 & variants (the manufacturer offers a million variants, but they only have one board design) dual-frequency USB reader (PC/SC, CDC serial or keyboard wedge - configurable): works well with LF implants, terrible performances with HF implants but nominally works if you’re patient. Supports almost all protocols in both frequencie (firmware configurable up the wazoo)
  • The Halo Reader reads EM4xxx chips, provided they don’t contain a zero digit (firmware bug)
  • I have a feeling you can put Yes in all the boxes under the Proxmark entries :slight_smile:
1 Like

It was originally done by Joel Wedberg in Swedish :sweden:
We have just added an English tab, trying to add as much as possible to it.

Amal hasn’t officially " Put it out there", he used it in a post, so I have just started dropping it in occasionally also.

It is still a work in progress

Absolutely, any omissions or errors, I am happy to rectify and would appreciate the feedback.

I will add those ones in. ( Also thanks for the links, makes life easier )
Thanks
I will link the comments back to this thread

Haha, yep

Ok the Acr122u reader arrived today and i tried for about an hour to get a reading out of the xDF2 chip but i didn’t manage to. The other chip implants that i have work flawlessly but my xDF2 is dead sadly…

aw man… ok… well, hit the floating orange help button on the website and submit a ticket that way… we’ll get a replacement sent out to you asap. Sorry about this!

3 Likes

What happened between the original spark and the spark2 that made it no longer compatible with with Quicklocks and Gunboxes? Or have they simply not been tested/confirmed?

The primary difference between the Spark 1 and Spark 2 is the ISO communication protocol they use.

The Spark 1 was set up to use the less common ISO 15693 protocol. This communication type uses less power so that it can read from a greater range, and also allows it to be used with specific locks that are configured to read that type of tag. The downside was that it could basically not be read by iPhones and while most Android phones supported it, it could be buggy.

The Spark 2 uses the much more common ISO 14443A protocol. All phones can read it now, but it not longer works with those locks. The xSLX was released to fill that gap. It doesn’t have the crypto authentication functions of the Spark, but it’s ISO 15693.

2 Likes

I submitted a ticket through the Digiwell website now since thats the reseller i bought it off. It is probably easier with the order number this way. Thanks alot for the Help!

Hi, i wanted to give another update on the xDF2. I recieved a new one shortly after sending the ticket. Yesterday i could finally go to my piercer to have it placed and now everything works flawlessly. The implant is very responsive and is easily read by phones and the locks that the company i work for produces. Only slightly less range than the xM1. Thanks alot for all the support!

2 Likes

Working for a company that makes NFC locks… Dude, it can’t get any better than that.
Also, they should pay you more for guinea-pigging them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They didn’t ask me to do it. I was just curious and bought one implant after another to test it out. I bought everything from my own money xD I’m in a good position though to get news and early samples to test of new transponders like the Mifare Desfire Ev2 XL with 32kb of memory. It has enough storage to fit Super Mario Bros on it. There is also the Mifare Desfire Ev3 comming with more reading range and some new features

Hey, he’s even working for the company from which I’d like to buy my next lock… :thinking:

@Spyfoxls - I recently had some e-mail contact with DOM, and they told me that the DOM eniq pro no longer works with the standard NTAG216 chip but requires “more security” now, have you tested that one already? And for my alternative choice, the DOM ELS pro, does it work with the t5577-LF-chip? They told me it “should” work, which is not really assuring, considering the price of the lock… :wink:

They should carry a “Biohacker Special” line that allows defaulting to UID ident :slight_smile: If anyone can sell them on the idea, it’s Spyfoxls.

1 Like

Both the Eniq Pro and the Eniq Pro V2 still work with NTag 216 on the newest firmware when you only use the Uid for identification. Uid alone just isn’t really secure. For additional security we have a Dom header on all the transponders we sell. We don’t sell all different types though. I have no clue if the header would even fit on a Ntag216. We also support object headers which basicly work similat to our headers. You can always add transponders via master card. If you do that it uses the identification method thats available. If there is no header it uses only the uid. The most secure one is intelligent though. There the transponder knows if it’s allowed to enter. This system now also supports oss. This takes quite alot of space on the transponder though and the transponder needs to have proper encryption. The Eniq pro V2 ( essentially v1 but with ble) can be managed by the new Eniq app (free up to 5 devices) but when you want to use transponder without Dom header you have to pay for that function. It can do intelligent transponders but because of oss it needs transponders with a minimum of 4k of memory. There is also Dom Tapkey Pro (a tapkey compatiple pro basicly) but there it’s impossibe to use transponders without tapkey header. It’s quite complicated. To the question with t5577 it should work but it’s not really secure. I’m also more involved with the 13.56MHz devices. Please take everything i say with a grain of salt though because i’m not involved with the sales or marketing and information can always be subject to change.

2 Likes

I don’t have that much influence here. The market for this is still to small. Some day maybe but i’m pretty much the only one in my company with implants and the only one really interested in it.

Don’t you worry none: if your company is anything like mine, they took notice alright. And if they’re smart, even if there isn’t a ton of money to be made selling locks to implantees, they won’t want to miss the opportunity if all it takes is a minor firmware compile flag.

2 Likes