xEM Cloning, Emulation Modes and the perils of Chinese cloners!

Only some work with HID.

I’ve had a lot of success with the White Multi-Frequency readers/cloners, if you’re having issues with finding an appropriate blue one I can give you the link to where I purchased my white cloner from. It reads and writes to my xEM like a dream.

3 Likes

Yes that link would really help me out

1 Like

Guys a few things:

I feel like the fact that you are even asking about the blue or white cloner means either a) you have not read and understood what’s said in the original post or b) you simply want to be able to read and write random data to your xEM just “for the sake of writing and reading data and seeing it on some fancy screen”.

1. The white cloner WILL LOCK YOUR CHIP in whatever mode you chose to clone - be that HID or EM. This means you cant then use the same white cloner (or any other cloner) to change the mode that your xEM is in.

2. The numbers shown and entered on the white cloner screen are completely scrambled / obfuscated, so there is no way to program a known ID to the xEM and have it work for whatever access control system you are using your implant with.

Say you want to program your xEM with your work HID cards ID of Site Code: 10 Card Code: 0666. There is NO WAY TO DO THIS ON THE WHITE CLONER. There is no way to enter a give number and have the cloner program that number to the chip correctly as its totally scrambling bits and writing to blocks 1-3 in the complete wrong sequence.

Entering 100666 will write something totally different to the chip. I have only ever seen one single white cloner (out of over 10 that have been through my hands) that displayed the correct ID / SC on the screen and was ablke to program t5577 blocks correctly.

The frustrating thing is - I don’t have time to elaborate on this right now but you’re basically telling people that you have had success with the white cloner based of the fact that it could read and write to the xEM, NOT based of trying to write a KNOWN ID for a access control system and then testing that your xEM worked for said access control system.

Being able to write random data that is meaningless and doesn’t match what you try and program is not success, its lack of spending time to learn and have proper understanding of what it is you are doing and what the device you are using is doing.

Frustrated rant over.

DO NOT USE THE QWHITE CLONER!

6 Likes

Fair points Tom, but for the purpose of cloning an existing HID Proxcard card, the white cloner does work quite well, ive had nothing but success with it. Yes, it does apply a password, but it is a known password. If the person did ever want to do something different with a proxmark they can write to it using that password afaik. For my use-case the white cloner has worked fantastically. Unfortunately there’s no catch-all easy solution for everyone at this point, I didn’t mean to suggest the white cloner was the be-all end all, but for those without the massive technical know how you have, who are specifically looking for something that pairs and writes well to the xEM specifically to clone an already issued card, it works well.

I’d er on the side of Tom’s expertise on this, but if your use case is the same as mine, this is the one I got, which is the newer version.

1 Like

Well said. I have some plans for this space once the proxmark antenna stuff is finished. I think we need a DT cloner specially for LF implants. Should be super super cheap and simple to design / produce.

5 Likes

@TomHarkness
I design and populate PCBs. Let me know if you want help with a DT LF cloner.

6 Likes

This would be amazing!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I have an xEM that I’ve been using, but now I think it’s either stuck, or I don’t have a good reader/writer.

I have one of the white readers, the keys light up white but the arrow keys light up blue, so I’m not sure what version it is. It’s able to read my xEM as an HID-125khz, but I can’t write any new values to it, even if I try to copy a different HID tag.

I have two blue ones, but neither seems to be able to read HID.

Halp, what should I do?

Thought it may be worth adding a link to the ProxLF antenna which was released just moments ago. This is the result of wanting to prevent these issues for all!

Get in quickly, they’re going to sell out fast!

7 Likes

Does anyone know anything about this cloner?

I broke it open and rearranged the coils because they stacked the HF and LF coils (so stupid)
And it made reading the xEM of the NeXT Nearly impossible.
It’s a fun little device but I’m pretty sure it’s not to be used for cloning TOO the xEM, but works great for cloning from it.

aNd It TaLkS tOo…:100::call_me_hand::crazy_face::robot:

Edit: WOW, sry, I forgot to add the picture:

1 Like

Hmm, that explains why I could get a solid read from my xEM in its needle with the PM3 and a ProxLF antenna at home, and a really poor one at the piercer’s shop when I did a quick check right after implanting the xEM: I thought the results of hw tune were saved in flash or something, so I didn’t reissue the command.

Any way to make the setting permanent?

1 Like

Wow, classy!
There is / was a DT cloner on the radar, hopefully the DT version will talk also, if not, why even bother :wink:

1 Like

I was making fun of the cloner
Not anyone on here, Sry for the misunderstanding.

Haha, Not at all. I knew exactly what you meant…
Likewise, my “classy” was sarcastic and in agreement to your observation "aNd It TaLkS tOo…:100::call_me_hand::crazy_face::robot: "

1 Like

Thanks I missed that, It should be easy to produce.

Lol, This is why I fear the internet, I fear misunderstanding
what people say and fear they misunderstand what I say,
Even when theres no misunderstanding.
:robot::call_me_hand::grin:

2 Likes

I think an important part is reading the person and their personality, more than their words.
You easily build up an idea of regular contributors personalities and I think Amal and his stalwarts have created a friendly, helpful and understanding community.

2 Likes

That makes sense, Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey all - this is the reader/writer mentioned in the original post that is the best case scenario short of the proxmark correct? :slight_smile: https://www.amazon.com.au/Copier-Writer-Handheld-Encrypted-Duplicator/dp/B081CRYXQN/ref=pd_aw_sbs_23_1/355-1712811-1050057?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B081CRYXQN&pd_rd_r=f19f1955-b960-438c-8ec7-756fe3ff6970&pd_rd_w=CJzWp&pd_rd_wg=PHgwD&pf_rd_p=1360aa1f-12c4-4a58-b004-81f2e07f6c52&pf_rd_r=FZDY3DHN55RW8171FYCZ&psc=1&refRID=FZDY3DHN55RW8171FYCZ

No, I would reccomend a ProxMark3 Easy
@anon2520759

2 Likes