xEM Cloning, Emulation Modes and the perils of Chinese cloners!

Well said. I have some plans for this space once the proxmark antenna stuff is finished. I think we need a DT cloner specially for LF implants. Should be super super cheap and simple to design / produce.

5 Likes

@TomHarkness
I design and populate PCBs. Let me know if you want help with a DT LF cloner.

6 Likes

This would be amazing!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I have an xEM that Iā€™ve been using, but now I think itā€™s either stuck, or I donā€™t have a good reader/writer.

I have one of the white readers, the keys light up white but the arrow keys light up blue, so Iā€™m not sure what version it is. Itā€™s able to read my xEM as an HID-125khz, but I canā€™t write any new values to it, even if I try to copy a different HID tag.

I have two blue ones, but neither seems to be able to read HID.

Halp, what should I do?

Thought it may be worth adding a link to the ProxLF antenna which was released just moments ago. This is the result of wanting to prevent these issues for all!

Get in quickly, theyā€™re going to sell out fast!

7 Likes

Does anyone know anything about this cloner?

I broke it open and rearranged the coils because they stacked the HF and LF coils (so stupid)
And it made reading the xEM of the NeXT Nearly impossible.
Itā€™s a fun little device but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not to be used for cloning TOO the xEM, but works great for cloning from it.

aNd It TaLkS tOoā€¦:100::call_me_hand::crazy_face::robot:

Edit: WOW, sry, I forgot to add the picture:

1 Like

Hmm, that explains why I could get a solid read from my xEM in its needle with the PM3 and a ProxLF antenna at home, and a really poor one at the piercerā€™s shop when I did a quick check right after implanting the xEM: I thought the results of hw tune were saved in flash or something, so I didnā€™t reissue the command.

Any way to make the setting permanent?

1 Like

Wow, classy!
There is / was a DT cloner on the radar, hopefully the DT version will talk also, if not, why even bother :wink:

1 Like

I was making fun of the cloner
Not anyone on here, Sry for the misunderstanding.

Haha, Not at all. I knew exactly what you meantā€¦
Likewise, my ā€œclassyā€ was sarcastic and in agreement to your observation "aNd It TaLkS tOoā€¦:100::call_me_hand::crazy_face::robot: "

1 Like

Thanks I missed that, It should be easy to produce.

Lol, This is why I fear the internet, I fear misunderstanding
what people say and fear they misunderstand what I say,
Even when theres no misunderstanding.
:robot::call_me_hand::grin:

2 Likes

I think an important part is reading the person and their personality, more than their words.
You easily build up an idea of regular contributors personalities and I think Amal and his stalwarts have created a friendly, helpful and understanding community.

2 Likes

That makes sense, Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey all - this is the reader/writer mentioned in the original post that is the best case scenario short of the proxmark correct? :slight_smile: https://www.amazon.com.au/Copier-Writer-Handheld-Encrypted-Duplicator/dp/B081CRYXQN/ref=pd_aw_sbs_23_1/355-1712811-1050057?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B081CRYXQN&pd_rd_r=f19f1955-b960-438c-8ec7-756fe3ff6970&pd_rd_w=CJzWp&pd_rd_wg=PHgwD&pf_rd_p=1360aa1f-12c4-4a58-b004-81f2e07f6c52&pf_rd_r=FZDY3DHN55RW8171FYCZ&psc=1&refRID=FZDY3DHN55RW8171FYCZ

No, I would reccomend a ProxMark3 Easy
@anon2520759

2 Likes

$114.49 is more expensive than a PM Easy.

As for the unit itā€™s self have you seen this: (Note the name of the post)

I think order of preference would be PM3 RDV4 > PM3 Easy Knockoff > Blue Cloner > White Cloner.

Where in Australia are you? If you just need to clone a card maybe a local can help? :smiley:

2 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster @NiamhAstra Thanks guys, so something like this?: https://www.amazon.com.au/Iycorish-Proxmark3-Developer-Proxmark-Reader/dp/B0824JKKG4/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1B13V1XZMT1H3&dchild=1&keywords=proxmark3+easy&qid=1590913033&sprefix=proxmar%2Caps%2C417&sr=8-1

Iā€™m in Sydney but I want my own kit. Also I have an amazon voucher Iā€™m trying to use :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers!

Yes mate, Just like that.
You could get RDV4 but overkill for what you will probably use it for.

@Pilgrimsmaster haha, nope Iā€™m getting the RDV4 as soon as my pay cut due to COVID is backā€¦ Iā€™m a cybersecurity researcher and RFID is one of my untapped areas. that and software defined radio :slight_smile: Iā€™m a malware guy (researcher, not writer)

Iā€™m just bought the ultimate implant bundle so an RDV4 wonā€™t gather dust at my house :slight_smile:

Thanks for confirming for me - ordered :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agree, piswords was where I got mine iirc.