Xg3 and haptic feedback with flexAR

I have had the thought of putting a small coil in a watch to replace the piezo and install a XG3 in the wrist for a silent vibrate alarm. what kind of wearable device are you thinking?

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with object recognition on the raspberry pi and tensorflow with the long term goal of building an autonomous drone. I see myself on my bike with a drone that’s able to stay ahead of me and let me know if there are cars coming in the intersections I’m about to cross. But lately I was thinking of something that monitors your heart rate, and gives you feedback if your heart rate exceeds a preset limit. I work from home and live alone, and this quarantine has taught me how to have panic attacks and freak out lol. So a device that makes me aware of when I start spiraling into complete madness would be awesome :sweat_smile:

*learns how replying in this forum works

1 Like

Quoting took me a minute to master, but I like using that feature a lot

1 Like

Am I the only one that thought a flexAR was a new/special implant?

1 Like

“flex-” is the new “i-”: It’s what trendy people do :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry to disappoint :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I immediately like you @heliumface770 , Including a Conversion Translation for those of us that dont speak backwards

2 Likes

Those of us who can speak standard without translation can relocate to Burma or Liberia and feel right at home. A useful skill to have :wink:

1 Like

Is that like Americans speaking American rather than English?

American English and British English are two very different beasts. The differences between the two are really more than skin deep. I know you jest, but I almost consider them two different languages - which also cleverly solves the question of who speaks “proper” English :slight_smile:

Apologies @heliumface770 I have also just contributed to the derailment of your thread

1 Like

lol I’ve been making the change to metric, but being American my tools default to fahrenheit (even the word is dumb) It’s as much for me as others :grin:

1 Like

Are from countries that haven’t been to the moon?

Lol

3D printing is forcing me to learn mm,grams, and celsius all at the same time

… I’m going kicking and screaming

Honestly my brain just disassociates it with reality
Oh it’s not printing hot enough? Well better increase it by 10 more heat units because more is hotter I guess

If my nozzle is .4mm wide, and there are 3 walls in my outer shell, how thick is that in mm?
More than 2 and less than 4 walls thick

Hmm it says it’s going to be 50 grams… I wonder how heavy that is
prints object
Ahhh so that’s 50 grams, that’s nice
IMMEDIATELY FORGETS HOW MANY GRAMS IT WAS
…Wait was this 20 grams or 200?

1 Like

The most effective way to relate “intimately” to foreign units is to associate it with real world objects.

In your case, 50 grams is a 9V battery.

lol this is also why I’m making the switch. It makes more sense, but it is really hard after the decades of imperial nonsense.

what machine are you working with?

Haha, a good 9v or a cheap one? I’ve felt them with several different weights

More grams is more heavy :upside_down_face:

More importantly, a fully charged one or a depleted one? :slight_smile:

You could do like the brits do: talk Fahrenheit when it’s hot and centigrade when it’s cold, to really feel the difference.

1 Like

I also like that the object you pick, for us to use as reference… is one of the most absurd designs lol :joy:

1 Like