xG3 Biomagnet -- suggested locations

Recognizing that I’m sure you’re spending a lot of time and energy and effort getting this one right (and thank you again for it!), can you tell us if a smaller magnet with a different shape more conducive to sensing is also on the long-term road-map?

3 Likes

If you’re going to do that in my opinion its easier just to get a piercing, gauge it up a bit and then put it inbetween some hallow acrylic jewelry.

(damn, you all know I can chest bump my door open as the reader’s at the right height)

1 Like

I’d worry about slamming that part of my hand down on something. You know when some people get really angry (me), they can make split second dumb decisions like slamming a hand down on a table, hitting a wall, etc

1 Like

Hey JamesW,

I never laughed so hard seeing your comment about the chest bump, you’re very funny :slight_smile:

MDanger

2 Likes

is it possible that you could damage the ulnar nerve in any way or is it far away enough to be safe

1 Like

So its in, its definitely larger than an xEM or xNT.

5 Likes

How was it? Any more pain than the xEM or xNT?

1 Like

I am planning to put my xG3 into the tip of the middle finger of my right hand, proximal side. I have large hands and it should fit just fine. I cpnsider this to be the best location for sensory and lifting functions.

This will be my fourth magnet, but the first from Dangerous Things. My greatest hope is that it won’t lose strength after six months in vivo.

1 Like

Yeah the needle for the xG3 hurt a bit more but it was nothing unbearable. Not much pain if any after.

3 Likes

Met with my piercer today. Install next weekend. We decided to place it here:

5 Likes

I think I’ll put it here too.
I’m waiting for Monday to place it.

1 Like

So to follow up, I installed mine on Thursday 5/23, its now Sunday 5/26 and I still have some swelling around the implant. Skin is also off-color yellowish so its still in the healing stages. Not sure if its cause of the placement next to my wrist tendons/nerves or just cause of the larger size but it does give me some pain & soreness when i bend/flex my wrist in full range of motion. The magnet strength hasn’t really impressed me so far although I expect it to really improve after swelling process stops. Here are some photos.

5 Likes

I placed the xG3 almost where @trossman placed it a couple of minutes ago. At the pinky side of the wrist, just below where the skin will wrinkle if you move the hand.
I chose this placement because fingers are to bony and the side of the palms below the pinky/thumb is gettin’ smashed all the time.
You’ll probably need some kind of help, like a couple of hands, if you choose an arm/hand placement. I’m fortunate enough to have a nurse girlfriend that knows her needles.
I will come back in couple of days with an update.

4 Likes

I am getting mine next month. I am torn between the knife edge of my hand and the back of my hand between the tendons of my pinky and ring finger. I hope someone chimes in between now and then with some insight.

Looks like it’s going on my penis.

7 Likes

Please report back with that location! Particularly if you have trouble grilling tightly.

I made the mistake of opening that image at work :no_mouth:

1 Like

This kind of feedback is exactly what we’re looking for. The reality is that the glass is thick and this will be much more robust than other coatings but it will also cause the inverse cube law to cut down on field strength as the objects you want to lift with it will not be able to get as close to the magnet’s surface as they might with other coatings… but the question we are asking here is - is it worth us making more of these. We want to get feedback from everyone (if possible) to know if we can improve things or if, overall, it’s just not that impressive.

8 Likes

any update bud

1 Like

@ericsp0f
It’s been three days since implant day. I left the patch on till today and haven’t really noticed it.
The healing seems to go well. No bruising, itching or any other minor “problem”.
I know I should let it rest and settle for at least two weeks before I play with it but I couldn’t resist to try it out today. It can hold 3 clips, even if I walk around. Don’t know the weight but it seems promising I think.
@amal what kind of strength of the magnet can we expect if the placement is near perfect under the skin?

4 Likes