xG3 Biomagnet -- suggested locations

Waiting for it to ship in now, thanks!!

Hi there! Just wanted to get some opinions on potential placement for the xG3

I was thinking of either placement between the second & third mark, with the first as initial injection point, or between the third & fourth mark with the second as initial injection point.
Thoughts?

From what I’ve read, I think most people go for anywhere between 1 and 3 so it doesn’t affect their grip.

This is where I got mine dosent affect my grip or anything

Got mine done two days ago. Seems to be a bit of swelling and only one end will pick up a paperclip so far. Will have to wait on the healing but I’m not sure if one end is slightly too close to the skin.

When I got a magnet in my ring finger five plus years ago it felt like it stuck out for a while before settling. I think maybe the location could have been different on this one.

Magnet sits out slightly.

Do you find it gets knocked around much? Recieved my kit yesterday, going to give it a week or so before I place it to try and keep tabs on whether that spot gets knocked around at all, especially at work.

I haven’t had any trouble so far and I’ve done some house repairs and my normal care work.

Yeah so far I’ve only tried a paperclip with mine. Hopefully it gets stronger as the swelling goes down more and it settles.

I got myn gonna have my fiancé’s sister do the injection she is a registered nurse just have a question about the I injection mainly pain level and management are people using and topical anesthetic or no and how much dose it hurt I’m not a stranger to needles nor pain. Just curious about how much is felt now I have had qiet a few tattoos and even a hand tattoo that gose down my middle finger right across the knuckle and let me tell you no other tattoo I have about 12 hurt as much as the knuckle did. How comparable is it that? If any.

Make sure she goes bevel down not up and lifts the skin ahead of the needle point as it goes in. It’s punchy but if you want to use topical, put it on a waterproof bandage and then tape that bandage down good with enough surgical tape that it covers the entire bandage completely… every square millimeter. That will fully occlude the topical … then wait 2 hours for full effectiveness. You should be very numb at that point.

2 Likes

+1 on bevel down. Perhaps my video can be used as an example on why bevel down is the preferred method. Lol

. https://imgur.com/gallery/WYnjQiV

2 Likes

Got mine done yesterday, seems to be healing nicely. Went bevel up without thinking, although didn’t seem to have a problem. It hurt significantly less than I expected. My brain’s first thought wasn’t “ouch,” it was more along the lines of “holy shit that feels SO wrong.” I’m hoping for sensing once it fully heals. Here’s how mine went down:

2 Likes

Got it done at the usual spot. Seems to be healing nice and easy. Still a little swollen but I can pick up poetry magnet pieces if I get them close enough hahaha.

Insane stuff. Thank you Dangerous Things! Waiting for the vivo flex to hit production now.

4 Likes

My only feedback for the installer is that the bevel should be down not up… it just makes insertion of the needle much easier. However I can see they were able to manipulate the skin properly to get past the back bevel without much fuss, so, mazel tov!

1 Like

I purchased mine and have it but it’s not implanted yet. I will contribute when I have it done.

My thoughts though are it should be useful for sensing magnetic fields as others have used it for this. I know some people at the makerspace I’m a member of who have a magnet but it’s not the injectable style. I wanted to try injectable after finding out about it. Using it for holding small items is something I wanted as well but realize it’s strength is limited. I guess I’ll find out once mine is implanted.

2 Likes

Just installed our xG3 last night. We went with the ‘blade’ edge of the left hand. Did it bevel-up cos that’s the technique we’ve learned & are most comfortable with. (this was our 12th self-install lol so we’ve learned thru trial and error).

Even bevel-up it went really easy tbh. Easier than the xM1+ implants which I think are the same size?

We did use topical, tho for some reason that never dulls the pain of the start, like the first 10mm of needle always seem to hurt. Past the bevel tho it was fine.

We haven’t tried playing with it yet, just made sure its in the right spot & swelling isn’t too bad this morning. Wanna give it a couple days healing before trying anything fun with it. :smiley:

5 Likes

Here are my implants, I suspect they might be a bit shallow, but lift of the xG3 is superb, NExT also reads like a champ😁
Implanted 2,5 weeks ago by myself😅

I’m able to hold 2pcs M6 nuts with it, and the NeXT paired up with the xEM access controller will read through a 18mm thick wood plank :grin:

Did both at the same hand to be able to utilize a double safety to my lock using the xG3 to close a Reed relay which powers my xEM access controller :grin:
xG3 is the weak link here so i’ll have to rout a bit of the outer paneling down to make it thin enough to close the relay before a scan.

4 Likes

Your lock project sounds very interesting and similar to something I had only thought about. (I don’t have an xG3, and the only reason I have considered getting one is to integrate a reed switch into a circuit)
Have you considered putting some more info together and sharing it in the the Project area?
I am sure there will be a few people interested

1 Like

Wow, those are very visible. Mine is not.

Mine also never encapsulated. It moves around a lot. It slides up and down along the side of the fourth metacarpal. Has yours anchored down?

Mine will hold a small paperclip but that’s about it.