xG3 Biomagnet -- suggested locations

Has there been any consensus on best location? I was originally going to go with the webbing of my right hand (mirroring the xNT in my left), but it sounds like I might get better strength with the knife edge of my hand. My main objective with the magnet was to have somewhere to stick tiny screws when I’m taking stuff apart.

1 Like

@inkedcellist It seems a few ppl inject their xG3s in that location but ultimately comes down to preference and what you will be using it for. That location sounds like a pretty practical location to me if you need somewhere to stick screws during repairs!

I preordered one of the next runs but I have not decided myself where to inject it. I was thinking maybe similar to where @bOrgasm described in his post.

I’m saving the fatty pads in between my index and thumbs on both hands for readables.

1 Like

I just had a thought.
if you want a stronger magnetic field, Wouldent it be posible to place two xG3 magnets right next to each other?
This could perhaps solve the issue of lifting/holding strength for people who’d use it like @inkedcellist

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a great idea. The two magnets would be able to move freely under pressure, but then when released they would crash together and pinch your flesh.

5 Likes

Sorry for the double post, again this is my first time on the site so I’m still learning haha. Made an account just to ask: what amplifier you’re using for this project. I’m getting ready to implant magnets into both tragi but haven’t had luck finding a quality amp breakout board. I don’t know much about microcontrollers so I don’t exactly know what I’m looking for, and don’t want to order one just to get something that doesn’t work for what I want. Thanks!

I bought this electronics kit: https://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?id=525965
But instead of wires and a loudspeaker, I connected a spool of copper wire with loops large enough to wear it around my neck.

2 Likes

Waiting for it to ship in now, thanks!!

Hi there! Just wanted to get some opinions on potential placement for the xG3

I was thinking of either placement between the second & third mark, with the first as initial injection point, or between the third & fourth mark with the second as initial injection point.
Thoughts?

From what I’ve read, I think most people go for anywhere between 1 and 3 so it doesn’t affect their grip.

This is where I got mine dosent affect my grip or anything

Got mine done two days ago. Seems to be a bit of swelling and only one end will pick up a paperclip so far. Will have to wait on the healing but I’m not sure if one end is slightly too close to the skin.

When I got a magnet in my ring finger five plus years ago it felt like it stuck out for a while before settling. I think maybe the location could have been different on this one.

Magnet sits out slightly.

Do you find it gets knocked around much? Recieved my kit yesterday, going to give it a week or so before I place it to try and keep tabs on whether that spot gets knocked around at all, especially at work.

I haven’t had any trouble so far and I’ve done some house repairs and my normal care work.

Yeah so far I’ve only tried a paperclip with mine. Hopefully it gets stronger as the swelling goes down more and it settles.

I got myn gonna have my fiancé’s sister do the injection she is a registered nurse just have a question about the I injection mainly pain level and management are people using and topical anesthetic or no and how much dose it hurt I’m not a stranger to needles nor pain. Just curious about how much is felt now I have had qiet a few tattoos and even a hand tattoo that gose down my middle finger right across the knuckle and let me tell you no other tattoo I have about 12 hurt as much as the knuckle did. How comparable is it that? If any.

Make sure she goes bevel down not up and lifts the skin ahead of the needle point as it goes in. It’s punchy but if you want to use topical, put it on a waterproof bandage and then tape that bandage down good with enough surgical tape that it covers the entire bandage completely… every square millimeter. That will fully occlude the topical … then wait 2 hours for full effectiveness. You should be very numb at that point.

2 Likes

+1 on bevel down. Perhaps my video can be used as an example on why bevel down is the preferred method. Lol

. https://imgur.com/gallery/WYnjQiV

2 Likes

Got mine done yesterday, seems to be healing nicely. Went bevel up without thinking, although didn’t seem to have a problem. It hurt significantly less than I expected. My brain’s first thought wasn’t “ouch,” it was more along the lines of “holy shit that feels SO wrong.” I’m hoping for sensing once it fully heals. Here’s how mine went down:

2 Likes

Got it done at the usual spot. Seems to be healing nice and easy. Still a little swollen but I can pick up poetry magnet pieces if I get them close enough hahaha.

Insane stuff. Thank you Dangerous Things! Waiting for the vivo flex to hit production now.

4 Likes