Xg3 Finger Install and Healing report

Obligatory thats what she said comment.

2 Likes

so today i learned -

1. EMLA patch did NOTHING on my finger tip(WTF???)
  2. my finger is not thick enough to get an xg3 into without it scratching at the bone.
  3. removing it right after left a great scar - chicks dig scars, right? … right?
5 Likes

You removed your xG3 from your finger after attempting an install?

If so, that’s a yikessssss :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Oh no!

Where an when does it get installed now?

as i was super disappointed in myself, i cleaned it (and myself) and shoved it under one of my tattoos - my Decepticon shield is now a little more attractive.

1 Like

i did, it hurt like a motherfather

How did you clean it? Honestly that bit worries the hell out of me…

1 Like

Bactine. i was “in the moment” but seeing as it just came out of me, i figured at worst i’d contaminate me with me. im simple sometimes.

I just wanted to ask the same

Yeah, that does not sound good… I believe one of the major concerns is the germs that were on the outside of your skin, during the initial puncture, vs what was actually inside of your flesh. There’s also the bacteria on your fingers, the table if you set it down, etc. Many, many opportunities for contamination.

I’m not an expert on the topic (many members here would have more knowledge), but I would keep a VERY close look at it over the coming days and weeks, and be prepared for removal if infection looks likely.

Recommend procedure would have been soap + water, then a soak for 48 hours in chlorhexidine, as amal says here:

I get the “in the moment” thing, but that still heavily worries me, I’ve never heard of anyone using bactine on an implant install either.

EDIT: I would also be worried about anything from the bactine still remaining on the implant during implantation, whether it’s the antiseptic, the lidocaine, or any additives, since it’s a spray.

Googles bactine

1 Like

:laughing:

Yeah, I would say I know a fair bit about sterile procedures, and the importance of sterilization for tools and medical implants.

Long story short, what @LordSethos2000 was stupid. Sorry person, but it was. I would not suggest anyone just toss it in a different spot like that, using bactine as a way to clean it.

Just my opinion. But you could have used the chlorhexidine swab and cleaned it with that and been better off, but that is just me.

Do I think you will be fine? Likely, yeah. Just keep an eye on it.

Would I suggest anyone else implants something cleaned with bactine? Helll no.

Edit!!! Also, not saying @LordSethos2000 is stupid. Just that one action was poorly thought out is all I am getting at.

2 Likes

@LordSethos2000

Ey Mike

I wish you best luck on the healing! <3

Plesse keep us upadted.
could you provide us pictures? that would be awesome!

1 Like

I’m sorry it went that way… first of all, wishing you all the best!

Depends… but generally, yeeeeees! :wink:

And I agree on that one - nothing to recommend, but you might get away with that… just not a good idea, pretty risky, and I hope it all goes well. And again - don’t try this at home, school or anywhere! :wink:

Oh no I totally am very thick at times. One of my best features is my inability to see the consequences of my actions.

Yeah I do not suggest ANYONE do stupid things like this, that said, when I popped it out I was smart enough to put it down on a new clean supplied wipe while reaching for the spritzer of bactine.

Bactine is a good antiseptic and also a bit of a anestic, it’s been my friend though many worksite accidents.

That said - I 100% agree with everyone’s admonishments of my careless act. I will certainly share photos when I change the dressing.

“Look at me, I’m a great example of what NOT to do” -me, constantly.

For how long did you apply it for?

2 hours. I’ve used them before on other parts of my body, so I was sure I would be fine.

I also had questionable results but my example was with cream for 2h.
Plus heard similar stories a few times, that’s why I asked…

I was told to try 3-4 hours.
First I was skeptic: saying yeah, the effect will fade away if I leave it on for too long.
But screw it! Can’t be any worse than having no effect like b4.
I leave it on for +3hours since then and it works a charm.