xLED and Wireless Charging Pad

What would happen if the xLED comes within range of a wireless charging pad?

Check this post out https://www.facebook.com/groups/rfidiy/permalink/2184876594884388/

2 Likes

Depends on the kind of pad. Most likely the actual power carrying frequency gets bandpassed out on the xLED. If there’s NFC communication for power delivery info then it may light up.

1 Like

I’m talking about like the ones that charge phones, like will it fry the led or something?

Thanks, I’ve requested to join group

Most likely not

1 Like

My Anker wireless charging pad does nothing to my xLED tester that I got with my NExT. So I’d assume the xLED implant would be the same way.

2 Likes

The Wireless Power Consortium (Qi) is the most common type of charger you’ll encounter. Over their lifespan, the specification has allowed manufacturers to produce devices that operate anywhere between 80kHz-300kHz, so only a LF xLED could be affected.

I’m currently working on testing the FOD on some cheap Qi chargers to see if they’ll burn-out a LF xLED if you really try. For now though, know that the HF xLED is safe from wireless chargers that operate on the Qi or Airfuel standards.

4 Likes

@Satur9 @Dean Ah thanks, I remember reading that with one of the wireless razer mouse, if you put a phone on their charging mouse pad it will damage it so I though it might happen to the implants.

1 Like

Just tried the LF xLED tester on my Qi charger and it does indeed blink incredibly brightly, but doesnt appear to cause it any harm. Obviously your mileage may very. But the LF xLED and Qi chargers could probably use more research.

1 Like

@Dean

What model charger do you have?

@Satur9 Anker AK-A2503011

1 Like