XLED implantable field detector

No

Not at this time.

This is fine because the xLED has no chip, it just steals power from the field… it doesn’t attempt to communicate.

2 Likes

well the idea seams quite cool to me! il order one in next order to put next to my chip, so it will light up when i unlock stuff! (i think thats the general idea!!)

2 Likes

Going by the video on the product page, does the xLED blink with all phone readers? The solid light with the non-phone reader is more interesting.

Also interested in other colours, would be neat to have a row going down the forearm that creates a rainbow when sliding the phone up and down.

4 Likes

All phones I’ve tried causes it to blink, that’s mostly due to phones sending pulses of radio waves, as opposed to something like a credit card scanner which has a constant field. I’d definitely be interested in seeing other colors as well, but some colors are hard to see through skin, so I’d definitely be curious to see what colors would work well and which wouldn’t

3 Likes

I tried to confirm the validity of this, but could not. At least it’s something. There doesn’t seem to be much good data out there about the absorption or transmission of visible light through the skin, unfortunately.

3 Likes

This is a commonly used tactic for battery powered applications to conserve energy. Because there is no chip in the xLED, the phone will keep checking for tags periodically. If you actually put a tag near the xLED, like held one on your skin near it, then the phone would detect the chip and keep the field on to talk to it, and the xLED should remain solid.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll find out soon, I ordered the Ultimate Upgrade Kit yesterday! Planning on putting the NExT and xLED in the web between thumb and index finger.

Getting a nurse friend to install them. Any problems getting the two chips done at the same time? I’m guessing tenting the skin for the second one will be harder trying not to grab where the first one went.

1 Like

Yeah it’ll just be messy, trying to tent skin with a hole in it haha, but there shouldn’t be any real problems doing them at the same time.

2 Likes

I would probably wait a week or two in between.

The implants move around quite a bit when they’re first installed and doing two next to each other you want fairly accurate placement to keep things as safe as possible. But that’s just my two cents.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely wait a couple weeks between the two.

2 Likes

Will more xLED colors be released in the future?

1 Like

Possibly… maybe…

4 Likes

That would be wonderful. :laughing:

Why do I feel like this is a subtle tease? Lol

All I know is, if it did happen. I’ll go broke. I love lights.

hey @amal when would I do a white xled restock? I need one 13.56 to put near the walletmor :smiling_imp:

probably not going to happen any time soon…but you can get a white xsiid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah we are going through a supplier issue with the borosilicate glass used for the xLEDs… working on alternatives

3 Likes

Hi folks,

keep in mind that even a power sucker like a field detector could be detected on some modern payment terminals.

I’ve got the field detector 3-4cm away from the Walletmor implant on top of my hand. sometimes when the payment antenna is big enough i get the error “only use single card” from the payment terminal.

So, to be sure i read the tech specs of the nfc mastercard, got myself a payment terminal and tested it.

conclusion: a second current consumer in the same field or a high uncommon current can be measured by the terminal and make your payment fail.

BR

2 Likes

You just saved me a ton of future headaches. I just received the XLED in the mail and I would have installed it this week, right next to the walletmor.

Guess i’ll need to find a better spot for it now. Any suggestions?