xSIID has been released!

If (big if), you just barely crossed into an area with enough magnetic coupling (as you moved your hand into the field), it might make a difference whether you needed that extra distance to be close enough.

Yeah, it could make a difference, but it is a big if and shouldn’t even come into play if you are placing the chip flat and perpendicular to the antenna generating the field, as the chip should be sitting level under your skin.

1 Like

If you installed between the metacarpals (sp?) and reached out to a reader in a fist bump style was what I imagined.

I mean you’re gonna wanna see it glow, right? :green_circle:

1 Like

In that alignment it would definitely make a difference. That would be the coolest way to do that. I was thinking about the standard installation in the triangle.

1 Like

This is just begging for an RGB LED driven by the chip, programmable with some custom APDU command, either to choose the color, cycle through different colors, or show what the chip is doing (e.g. blue when it’s receiving a carrier, green when it’s been read, red when it’s been written to…)

Of course, it’s not as simple as soldering a LED in parallel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out the NTAG I2C Plus chip. It’s pretty cool. I don’t think it can handle something like that, though. It’s not an MCU.

1 Like

Yes… they were all supposed to be loaded so the LED would come out of the needle first… but the ones we did lot testing on were loaded backwards… so the coil came out first… but then we had a customer plan a placement with that information and it appears the LED side came out first… which really annoys me greatly. I’ve already chewed an ear off of someone at our contracted assembly factory… so it appears “most” of them are loaded such that the coil comes out first.

4 Likes

Oh well…What can you do???

2 Likes

This;

ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ- wtf dude?!

2 Likes

Make a chip with two leds? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I kept my NeXt sealed up right until the install, so I’ve never actually seen it. Ergo, my frame of reference sucketh mightily.

But, if you looked down the needle tube just after unsealing, but before insertion could you see (or not see) the coil?

2 Likes

So, When i order one, I need to check the orientation before injection, Gotcha.

1 Like

Had mine installed on saturday, been able to read it for a few days but only just been able to see the led. Mine was loaded so cool cam out first putting the LED between my knuckles

2 Likes

Perfect for @ODaily fist bump technique

1 Like

Thought it would be nice to see some green

7 Likes

2 Likes

wow, that looks amazing!! how bright was the room you took this in?

2 Likes

Normal room, single light fitting with a 60w equivalent bulb

4 Likes

xSIID has been implanted right now, in the right hand.

We’ve done it bevel down, but my wife said it’s harder than bevel up, which she did for the NeXT.
In a few days, I’ll remove the bandages and see it blink :slight_smile:

What will be my next implant? :thinking:

1 Like

I thought I looked and it looked like the LED was there. I wasn’t willing to pull it out of the injector to make sure I had correct orientation. I was more concerned about sterility.

3 Likes

If the prices ever align I might get one of these in green, cause that’s about as close to being a drone as I’d ever wanna get, lol. It’s just not worth a $70 bump to me. I also have to figure out if it’ll be worth it down the road over a NExT for what I’ll use it for.