A couple of bucks spare? Some things to buy

As with most of you, I have a number of implants, and I have had them for a number of years.
Over that time, you tend to find a few things that just make your implants and life just a little bit better.
Some are free, some are just a couple of bucks…
Sometimes, a couple of bucks well spent can make all the difference

Forego that next coffee :coffee: or beer :beer: , and pick up one or more of the suggestions below, I guarantee you will benefit more from it.
I get no kickbacks or anything at all from you purchasing any of these, I’m simply sharing some things that I use and am happy to recommend from my own personal experience.

This is far from a review of each of these recommendations, I will just provide a quick summary and link(s) where possible.

• Some are free
  • Some are free with limitations
  • Some are free with paid upgrades, that either give you more functionality or simply allow you to support the creators.
  • Some are physical additions to your arsenal

Apologies if I have missed you
But
If I have missed anything, feel free to add your recommendations below.

EDIT TO ADD
Nobody that I have suggested below that you buy them a beer, They have not asked for anything, That’s all me, but it can’t hurt to at least offer can it???

8 Likes

DT Club

How could I not start with this :interrobang:

• Behind the scenes
  • Updates
  • Early access
  • Exclusive offers

All for less than a beer a month, or more if your pockets are deeper

This directly supports DT / Amal so he can experiment and make us the cool shit we want, and some stuff we don’t know we want

3 Likes

TAPPY NFC KEYBOARD

This app allows you to enter data read from NFC tags as keyboard strokes.

image image

This has a separate app if you want to use a USB plugin or BLE reader
Tappy External NFC app is required.

4 Likes

MCT

Personally one of my most used apps, It is fantastic for anybody with a Mifare Classic gen2 allowing you to read AND write directly from your phone

It is also useful for gen1a, but no writing.

It has a bunch of other functionality, but as I said, this is not a review, just take my word for it, and try out the free version.

MCT

I use this app frequently and I am happy to support the developer, If you want to also, here’s the link to the “donate” app version.
Identical functionality, ( So not pay walled, What a good cunt ), you do however, get a yellow app icon :star_struck:

MCT Donate

3 Likes

NFC Tools

If you want to identify a chip, TagInfo is your better option; but for NDEF record writing with many more options
NFC Tools is my goto
technically I use
NFC Tools Pro Edition which has more functionality

4 Likes

NFC Tasks

Made by the same developer as NFC Tools,
Create shortcuts for use with your implants. (This functionality is also in NFC Tools and the Pro edition)
NFC Tasks has widgets for even more extra functionality

3 Likes

TASKER

Sorry, cut and paste, but better than I could write
:gear:No repetitive tasks for you, let your Android device handle it!:gear: Total Automation, From Settings to SMS.

Here are only some of the things you could do with Tasker. Its real power is the flexibility to combine contexts and tasks however you wish: Tasker for Android

:ballot_box_with_check: Automations
Make your phone a true smart phone! Why remember to change the volume every day when you leave home when your phone can do it for you?
Automate stuff based on the app you’re in , the time of day , your location , your Wi-Fi network , Received SMS or Calls , the currently playing song and many other (130+) states and events!
Check out how easy it is to create an automation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EAbLW5WSk

:ballot_box_with_check: Actions
350+ actions allow you to truly customize your phone like never before! Send SMS, create notifications, change almost any system setting like Wifi Tether, Dark Mode, Always On Display, change any volume, control Do Not Disturb, open apps, file manipulation, control music playback, get your location… you get the idea. If you can think of it, Tasker can probably do it for you!
Note: root is NOT (I repeat NOT) required for majority of the functions. However, a few of the actions (like the Kill App and Mobile Data action on some devices) require root. This is because of Android security policies that developers cannot work around.

Here’s a great example

Thanks @rosco

2 Likes

IceMan Patreon

The godfather of RFID, super knowledgeable, and freely shares this with the RFID community, which includes ours.
If you have used a Proxmark, you have probably benefitted from his work
If you can afford to, show him some love, buy him a beer or coffee

https://www.patreon.com/iceman1001
If you can’t afford continued support, You can do a “one-off payment”, just cancel sub after your first month, I’m sure he will appreciate anything you’re willing to donate.
Get yourself a thank you and access to exclusive content.

You can find some of his work here

and here

and some Merch from here
SE.Merch Store

3 Likes

Zinc

This one will cost you a couple of coffees, but it’s worth it if:

• you want to keep a record of you implants

• Have a Blinky that you want to blink
    :blinky_amber: :blinky_blue: :blinky_green: :blinky_red: :blinky_white:

• Have a Magnet you want to excite ( in tandem with the LODESTONE Pico )

A bit more than just a couple of coffee, but a compliment to your bio-magnet and ZINC,
A Lodestone PICO is a USB-C dongle that allows you to effectively feel sounds using an implanted biomagnet such as the Titan or xG3. OR alternatively make your own

4 Likes

Siliconbased

@Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha’s hosted server with a couple of very useful tools,

Proxmark3 emulator

Great for quick reference and look ups without needing to have your PM3 setup, or even with you
https://siliconbased.us/pm3/ref/help.php

Chipstuff

A quick implant lookup guide

https://siliconbased.us/

with no direct way to support his work, but maybe reach out via DM and offer to shout him a beer or two :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

COMMUNITY DRIVEN BIOHACKING MAP

Before @tac0s become a DT employee, he created this masterpiece

Struggling for an installer
All the info in one place

If you use the map, and it helps you out, saves you time, finds you a new installer Buy him a beer

Hit him up in his DM’s

3 Likes

REPEATER “STICKERS”

Watch this space for a DT update when they are available in the store

But as a place holder

I have said it many times, but these are all

MUTHA FUCKEN GAME CHANGERS

When they are available in the DT store, grab yourself a bunch.
One for your Proxmark, one for your Flipper, your Phone, your KBR1, Your stubborn RFID (NFC) lock…

7 Likes

A couple of desktop utilities I like

Spring Card SDK

https://www.springcard.com/en/download/find/file/pcsc-sdk

Free SDK and suite of GUI based binaries on Windows for working with NFC cards. Not nearly as full featured as NFC Tools on Android, but great for testing low level commands and getting basic card info.

TagExplorer (NXP)

Cross-platform (Java based) GUI app for reading and writing tags. Not as full-featured as NXP’s TagInfo (Android), but still good for reading and writing basic NDEF records.

5 Likes

NDEF capable stickers

Dangerousthings.com used to sell “Bulls Eyes”
.* cough * probably should do some branded NTAG stickers again @tac0s * cough *

imageimage

Go to your favourite online mega store, search for some NTAG stickers
NTAG213 should be absolutely fine, Mifare Classic if your phone plays nice with them.

They will cost you a couple of bucks, for a bunch of them.

Use Tasker, or NFC tools etc,
Set yourself up an NFC task to make your life just a little easier.

I tend to cover my NDEF stickers with another sticker just to protect them, and pretty it up, although the circuitry can look quite cool too.
More often than not if I use a sticker, its a DT sticker, but not always.

This time, its a FRICKEN laser sticker

examples
Phone cradle in your car

Set it to open a Navigation app, like this for Waze

Or on your bedside table to open Podcasts on spotify, or Barry White…:heart_eyes:

On your work desk, place your phone on the sticker (which will probably work through the desk) to open up your Calculator app

Or get complicated up in this bitch and set a full routine to interact with your smart home.

Walk through the door, put your phone on your wireless charger with a sticker on it, Lock the door, lower the curtains, turn on the lights, music on in the kitchen turn on the AC…

Of course, another good use is to add an NDEF Sticker to the back of Dangerous Things sticker, and do so Urban “Advertising” ( don’t forget to lock the data )

and share your placement photos here

3 Likes