A plan for Hector

Hector. You just did the thing I told you not to. Please wait silently.

3 Likes

Maybe pictures will help

SatisfiedWillingHogget-size_restricted
-qSVK5

1 Like

To Everyone;
Wow!, I didn’t expect this to blow up like this. I expect no good deed will go unpunished, but I had to try.

To Hector;
These are the rules I expect you to follow. They are not fair. They are not up for discussion. You do not have to agree to this.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE TO THIS.
You can keep doing what you have been doing, but I will not be helping you if you do that.

But, if you do agree, you may not change your mind. If you agree and then break the rules and instructions that I give you, I will be among those calling for you to be banned. I cannot ban you. But if I put this much effort into you, I think the people who can ban someone would listen to me.

Rules for posting.

1. You will not post anything except if I give you permission. At first you will only be allowed to post in 1 specific thread. You will only be allowed a minimum number of posts.

2. No editing. You may only edit spelling mistakes, and punctuation. This includes titles too.

3. All posts will be in complete sentences with punctuation.

4. Every post will start with a topic sentence, and the post will only talk about the things in the topic sentence.

5. If you do post, you may not post again until after someone has replied to you. No multiple posts.

6. You will wait at least one hour after reading something before replying. Yo may write out your answer, but I expect you to think it through and reread your message to find errors and mistakes.

At first we will be working to improve your communication skills. That is what these rules are about. Once you can communicate clearly we will move on to more interesting topics.

I will give you assignments to work on, and I expect you to actually perform them.

As always the choice is yours. I need you to clearly accept or reject what I am offering you.

2 Likes

About accept Your offer OK. Because I don’t want to get ban on this community.

6 Likes

I appreciate it. If I had more technical skills, I might have done the same.

Now if he is banned, or comes back crying about the unfairness, I saw it myself.

Also, I really hope @teamhensler takes you up on this but takes it serious.

4 Likes

Your efforts are commendable.
You are a much more patient man then I.

4 Likes

^^^ This

This came up because we had already just told him not to spam with random 3-word posts, Muted him and I think banned his last account.

If you read a lot of the off-topic stuff you will find a lot of people against keeping him, and others vouching for him.

The wording is weird, I agree. But OD is really trying to drill into this kid that he is walking a thin line, and that he needs to learn before he can keep spamming.

No, you cant mature and immature kid, but maybe we can educate him on what he seems to be passionate about.

1 Like

O.K, we’re a go then.

Hector, there’s too much distraction on the forum to begin with.

I will be sending you a private message with your first assignment, and then we’ll take it from there.

To be VERY clear. Do not post anything on any topic in the forum. Just to the private message you will receive in a few minutes. That includes NOT replying to this message.

Well, he’s got his first assignment, we’ll see how it goes.

I don’t know if I should call him Padawan, or invoke the Rule of Two.

2 Likes

Well either way @ODaily is likely to die by a lightsaber now

Also side discussion,

I enjoy how the rule of 2 is literally NEVER followed, at almost all times both the master and the apprentice are usually training someone to help them kill the other

So it’s “rule of greater than 2 but less than 5”

I will say, this might be a bit harsh,
I’m guilty of not following this rule, I’m quite ADHD, and I can usually use it to my benefit IRL but when it comes to forums and general “internet”… my brain goes 3x faster than I can type… GOD forbid make it “proper”

I didn’t come to a cyborg forum to work on composition

Also, fwiw I swear the iOS autocorrect is particularly buggy whenever I’m using this forum

3 Likes

As someone who recently re-enrolled in college, this is where I come to avoid working on composition.

I think ODaily’s method could work, personally. It’s the hardass mentorship that definitely would’ve done me good at Hector’s age.

Also, buddy definitely has three accounts. @hectorhensler, @hectorhensler2, @teamhensler. I never saw number 2 post. Seems to be just him liking his own posts.

2 Likes

If his posting has one hallmark trait, it’s lack of structure.

The intent is to put him in a position where he is forced to stop and think for a moment instead of a short circuit from thought to speech.

2 Likes

Also seeing as English isn’t his first language.

I’d say it’s a good idea because of that - he might be able to improve his English that way. What strikes me on his posts is that he rarely seems to understand what others tell him (considering payment implants, for example) or that he just can’t express his thoughts properly. For both cases, improving his language will help a lot, so I think it’s a good idea to be strict about that until he is more secure in that area.

@ODaily - big respect for what you’re doing here! Hope it turns out well, and hope you can keep your patience and be rewarded - if Hector becomes a good member of this great community, you should get a special badge for that effort :wink:

8 Likes

Like a “Mother Duck” badge, for taking him under the wing!

7 Likes

Like a “Glutton for Punishment”

Please Coma, may I have another?
(Now that was inappropriate)

2 Likes

Your padawan has gone astray my friend

Another badge or another padawan? :wink:

1 Like

I agree. There is lots of exact quotes in his replies and never any new information.

1 Like