Bionic Eye Flashlight

This creator lost an eye and made a flashlight replacement

9 Likes

This is actually pretty awesome - super interested in how this was accomplished.

2 Likes

I thought it was the same guy that did eyeborg, but it looks like he’s a different guy

2 Likes

Here’s one of his tiktoks on his story

1 Like

fixed the links for u

Abolish tiktok

if you really need to use it use something like that
GitHub - pablouser1/ProxiTok: Open source alternative frontend for TikTok made using PHP

3 Likes

Can you elaborate what this does?

Edit: looking further is it just an alternative front end? What’s gained using that?

Sans tracking probably

3 Likes

I’d love one for YouTube that skips all ads :slight_smile: Google it for me?

1 Like
5 Likes

ublock origin works best on pc for skipping ads on youtube (and the rest of the internet). sponsorblock is good also for skipping in-video ads.

Vanced works great for if you are on mobile, and SmartTubeNext for android tvs if you have one.

2 Likes

Wait.

We’ve gone from a guy with a fricking flashlight eyeball to adblocking on the net?

5 Likes

well - it looks like i need to start playing less carefully with my official red ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

4 Likes

christmas-story-wink

3 Likes

Derailing threads is a cyborg tradition…

I would also like to see a better robot emoji, the default one looks like a toy: :robot:

2 Likes
1 Like

I can second vanced. Absolutely a must have if you watch YouTube on mobile. The sponsorblock integration is incredible

1 Like

How does he turn the flashlight on and off?

Kudos to him, turning lemons to lemonade in a very, very cool way

1 Like

Hall effect sensor. He swipes a magnet over it to switch it on and off. Maybe he should get a Titan

8 Likes

That’s even cooler

Someone with TikTok tell him we’ll give him a free Titan implant if he mentions Dangerous Things on a TikTok showing it work with the eye flashlight :slight_smile:

https://www.tiktok.com/@bsmachinist

10 Likes