The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I donā€™t think so. They literally tell you itā€™s just an overpriced metal straw lol

1 Like

Just removed my comment about the radioactivity. But that was the first impression I gotā€¦ Apart from the DT stuff they sell, I donā€™t see anything that Iā€™d buy TBH.

Not even the vitamin C ion shower head???
Duschkopf_1-1_600x600

3 Likes

Iā€™m sticking to my regular shower headā€¦ I want metal skin instead of vitamin snake oil.

On a side note, how am I supposed to install that when Iā€™m not in Germany and have a shower instead of a dusche? That form factor in not common in my region.

1 Like

8 Likes

Fire away with your suggestions.
.gif also acceptable

4 Likes

I like the Windows 10 Robot emoji, it reminds me of SDF Macross.

And hereā€™s another one that I like but I donā€™t remember the source of the image.

2 Likes

The best robot emoji would logically have to be the best robot:

10 Likes

Marvin?

5 Likes

Bender can do paranoid

raw

Has Marvin ever bent anything?

1 Like

I was sent this:
signal-2022-10-25-14-11-13-766

10 Likes

Can we get signatures? :hushed:

No the 2000s are long gone

3 Likes

Reminds me of this classic meme

5 Likes

I have some lido ampuls that expire at 31. July 2023.

I canā€™t use them all till July ;D

Anyone interested?

Delete this if inappropriate
2 Likes

11 Likes

Lock rantā€¦ not sure if this is the hacker in me, or me been ā€œdoneā€ with stuff lately

Soo, new houseā€¦ I ultimately didnā€™t go rfid locks because I couldnā€™t find anything that worked besides the townsteel which is 350$ā€¦. And extremely hard to justify when I can just get a plain digital keypad lock for 50$ā€¦ which results in the same ā€œno keyā€ lifestyle
(And I need 3x locks)

So I bought 3x of the digital keypad locksā€¦.

They are likely going to each come with a different key, in addition there is going to be a set of 3 doorknobs (keyed alike, but previous owners keys)

So I need to re-key 6x locks

Not that big of a deal, Iā€™ll call aroundā€¦ Iā€™ll find a locksmith and Iā€™ll go the extra step of pulling the lock cylinders out of the locks, and bring them to himā€¦ so it should be like an hour of work at the most right?

2-3 places have quoted me at 250-350$

Iā€™ve never pinned a lock but I know bits and pieces, I figured Iā€™d pay 30-50 bucks and let someone who can do it in their sleep take care of it

But

35$ later and I have all the tools Iā€™ll need, standard pins and even 2-3 security pins for each cylinder, and a pretty decent understand of what Iā€™m doing

How later will probably go

11 Likes

Speaking of frustrations with locks. Iā€™m staying at a best western and the locks on the doors are that kind of poor design that absolutely will not work with my xM1. I had to resort to my backup which is a magic gen1a fob on my car keys.

On the upside my roommate loves that I can clone the hotel key to the fob on his car keys.

2 Likes

Yea my Xm1 was kinda specifically for hotelsā€¦ but itā€™s seeming less and less likely that the Xm1 will be up to that taskā€¦
I should probably upgrade to a flex at some point

I am seriously considering getting a flexM1 because of it. I want to do more traveling like this so it seems like a good idea.