Chip compatibility matrix - Google Sheets

It is…
First swipe, turn dial, unlock (immediately locks in unlocked position)
Second swipe, turn dial, lock (immediately locks in locked position)

Yeah the one I had definitely looked different so this may be a different design. With the one I had I just pressed any button to wake it and presented the xEM. There was no need to scan it again to lock that I recall.

Looking at their website, it seems to depict two different units as MiniK 10P. Like mine looked like this:

No red thing on the knob.

1 Like

I’m guessing I got a different version of the K10P.

I can’t get a great view of Turbo2ltr’s Combi-Cam, but I do see a 10P. I don’t see the red indicator.

My PCB has Kilitronik on it and looks very similar to this…
https://www.kilitronik.com/en/minik10.php

I wonder if they have a couple of manufacturers making them.

Here are Combi-Cam’s current models:

They now all show red (locked) indicator on the bottom.
Now that I’ve searched Kilitronik, I’m seeing several different variations of this same model lock. Who knows how many there are.

This may be similar to the Samsung door locks where you have to find an older model.

Geez, @turbo2ltr is trying to help you out, and now you’re rubbing salt in his wound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol it aint his fault.

I’ll contact Combi-Cam and see what I can find out. Maybe then we can update the Matrix with a note saying not to buy the version with bottom red indicator for x-series implants.

I’m going to mention these two low frequency wiegand readers:

The first one is way too finicky to be usable with glassies. And it appears that it’s now included with the UHPPOTE kit that’s listed on the spreadsheet.

The second one is pretty good and works great with the xEM but it doesn’t look as nice.

1 Like

I’ll add them, and links next time I’m on a pc

hello everyone,
maybe it can be helpful to everyone. i bought a NEXT chip and tried it with my RFID gate lock unit. it works perfectly.
the unit is this:

2023-04-26_102724

4 Likes

Do you have a link for this? What range are you getting a read at?

Thanks, I am looking for something like this.

i am not very experienced, if you want i will turn over the pdf that was attached to me by the seller, i had bought it at least 5 years ago and used it with blue tag tokens. other than the pdf i have nothing else in my hands now.
Tastiera RFID Manuale.pdf (4.2 MB)

With NEXT chip, I can confirm also this:
Access Control

2 Likes

I’ve considered getting one of those but had to move so I scraped my old access control plans.

Thanks!

I thought exactly that and immediately read it in your post :open_mouth: can it be hosted by the forum ? Need any help with that?

2 Likes

The biggest issues around using a database have to do with user interface. A spreadsheet with permission control provided by Google is absolutely dead easy to keep updated and look for information. A database solution is going to require some development.

I don’t really have bandwidth for developing that solution unfortunately. If anybody has any ideas for systems or methods or frameworks that would make a versatile database as easy to use with permissions controls and everything as Google sheets, I’m all ears.

I’d be willing to explore this as a possibility?

1 Like

I tried the last access control I had available and it works without any problems as well, again with NEXT Rfid:

this access control

2 Likes

Thanks for adding a few more products.
I’ll add them to the Matrix when Im back at a PC in a few days (not as easy on a phone)

2 Likes

Hi,
please, I am glad to help if I can, I am a new owner of Dangerousthings chip.
so having some home automation already, I am trying everything I can and share very gladly.
I hope to have some little help as well to go deeper and make the best use of the chips.

1 Like

Hi
everyone, in the company I have this badge reader:

since a few days i installed the NEXT chip, if i pass it, it doesn’t even blink error, is this normal ? i thought it was compatible, the badges we use are HID.
if I pass the DANGEROUS card it shows me correctly with the led that it is LOW FREQ.
the IT person would also enable my “new badge” but if not even blinka error he thinks it would not work.

can anyone advise me on anything ?

thanks

This is likely your problem, we normally tell people to wait at least 2 weeks before expecting any sort of reliable reading and writing.
So wait for 2 weeks and try again, the let us know how it goes.

Basically, everything else sounds good

Try your LF xFD
:xfd:
see if you can get that to light up!

If so that is very promising, but a concern I have is the “bubble” design of the reader, so I hope the antenna is not burried to deeply.

If you could get one open to take look, that would be great.

Alternatively, if you do scan it and get denied, that is a great sign that you can get it enrolled.

Long story short, wait 2 weeks and try again