Chip compatibility matrix - Google Sheets

Expect improvement with time

Yep, that’s not surprising, but the xFD will give you a more realistic expectation of how/if the NExT will read and the optimal position and orientation of the antenna

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 11-03-39 403.58CZK 5% OFF IP66 Waterproof 125Khz RFID Access Controler Rfid Card Reader for Access Control System 2000 User Capacity Access Control Kits - AliExpress

Reporting that the 125khz version works fine with the LF side of NExT. Possibly can be hacked using just a knife but fine for low security applications.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001453050129.html

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ll try add that to the Matrix tomorrow

1 Like

Also the NeXT LF side comes in EM format, which I don’t think a HID reader will recognise. So once you allow sufficient healing time (about 2 weeks), you need to set it as a HID card.

2 Likes

reading in the excel file, the reader seemed to be compatible the NEXT chip for the LOW part.

but if you set it as HID, then my gate openings no longer go after that ?

the strange thing is this:
i installed the chip 10gg ago and it seems to work fine with everything (except work reader).
the chip does not make any sound when passed in front of the HID work reader.
IF I pass my blue badge (which I use at home with my gates) the job HID reader makes error sound, (so it is at least recognized)

so why does the chip make no sound and the badge does with the HID job reader ?

my badge (work for my gate):
BADGE

Your deductive logic is good

So in theory, your NExT that works on you home reader, SHOULD make your work reader operate.
HOWEVER
The NExT has a tiny antenna, and for it to couple to a reader(communicate), the reader antenna often times needs to to meet one or a couple of criteria such as close to the surface, a specific shape or high power.

As I mentioned above, You work reader doesn’t look particularly well suited to an xSeries sized implant, but without seeing inside it i cannt be certain, and I dont know how practical it would be to modify the readers.

THE biggest problem you have though is, your home reader and work reader use 2 different modes, and you cant run your implant like that. HOWEVER since your Work reader beeps with your home fob, there is a possibility that your NExT will be able to be enrolled in what I assume is EM mode…

I would still wait the 2 weeks before being certain of its compatibility.

At the end of the day, i simply may not work and youll need to modify the readers OR get yourself a FlexEM

1 Like

hello everyone,
at this point, I can confirm that my company’s SOLAR reader:

1309a90912ae81b38b42b2e471ec59ce2a650376_2_579x499

It is NOT compatible with NEXT chip Low freq chip.

I also passed the light key fob and it never turns on :frowning:

if i instead pass this key tag holder (which works on my home EM reader as NEXT chip) it sounds error, but at least it sounds so it is detected.

photo_3_2023-05-08_13-18-37

the reader at work accepts this HID card:

photo_1_2023-05-08_13-18-37

I would have liked to program chip access, but I guess I can’t.
thank you all for the help and can you add the non-compatibility in the excel sheet for this solar and next

Thanks

I’ll just leave this here for when I update it later

https://www.cdvi.ca/products/proximity-card-readers/nano/

This KR100E/KR101E 125kHz reader also works with LF side of NExT programmed as EM4100. Range: needs some effort to produce a read without touching the reader.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 00-48-04 302.94CZK 12% OFF Waterproof Rfid 125khz 13.56mhz Ic Card Reader Access Control Card Reader Wiegand 26 34 Output Door Access Control System Kr101e - Access Control Kits - AliExpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001290345691.html

2 Likes

Hi,
just to make another visible demonstration on this reader:

in the video you can see:

• Rfid Low Freq EM key fob that works with my gate, and with the work reader from ERROR (so it is read)
  • xled that never turns on the led
  • chip in NExT hand with Low freq part that always works in my home gate, and here it doesn’t even sound error
  • company card that obviously works perfectly HID

I would say you can take the compatibility out of the excel table

hope i was helpful :wink:

7 Likes

On Monday I will try again with xled

Today I pravo with the reader present on my office printers, this:

this is its guide:
Kofax ID Card Reader User Guide (baltech.de)

and guess what ? it is read, I logged in with my user on the printer touch panel and I can enable the office print queue.
however i can’t access the office, maybe the CDVI is really deep the plastic piece and it doesn’t reach to receive the antenna, cmq i’ll try with xled as already mentioned, i’ll keep you updated

3 Likes

Took quite a bit of digging but I found a broken solar kicking around in my truck. It’s the model with the keypad but the internals are basically the same.

The red line in the pic is where the antenna is. With this model, I found that it works best with the EM at a 45° angle in one of the top corners (see video).

Try that and keep us up to date!

Last note: I taped on the “1” that is under my hand so you can hear the shorter beep it makes. I don’t want to be accused of cheating! :sweat_smile:

Edit: I have an issue with uploading the video. I’ll try to fix it in a minute.
Edit 2: should be ok now

4 Likes

Quick question for y’all, is it possible to infer compatibility between similar chips on locks that have been tested on something else? I have an xSIID which is a little different to the other chips listed here, but might be similar enough to be worth a shot? I’m fine spending the money on a good smart lock and finding out it doesn’t work, I’ll probably just go and get a compatible implant second, but maximizing my chances of getting lucky first time is worth a post.

I had this as a draft, not sure why I didn’t post it, no point deleteing it, so here it is

Well the good news is ( To me at least ) everything sounds like it is done correctly.

Quite likely, and one of the great things about the NExT implant is it’s size…unfortunately this results in a reduced read range.

Often it is the reader that is out of our control to improve, they sometimes are not putting out enough power to couple with a tiny xSeries implant.
Which leaves you with a few options.

First Try using your Diagnostic card on the reader, :card_diagnostic_dt: the LF LED should hopefully light up…or it may blink. Either way the brighter the better.
Let us know how that test goes
Then,
Use your xFD to locate the antenna and therefore the optimal placement of your NExT when trying to read it. again brightest is best,

if you have no luck initially try moving it slowly ( especially if your Diagnostic Card was flashing rather than steady)

Incase you weren’t aware, you want to be presenting your NExT ( and xFD when testing ) perpendicular to the antenna like this

orientation

just like on your phone when using the HF side.

I have also had some readers that I have struggled with also, but by doing a “swipe” method rather than just a “present” method, I found this improved my chances of a successful read by a huge amount.

Swiping it across the face, something like this

good luck and I hope these tips work for you

alternatively

You could a different implant with increased read range, something like the FlexEM in your case, which will be a larger implant but with the larger antenna comes better performance with stubborn ( low power) readers.

Also for you to consider would be the:
FlexMT
FlexMN ( If there are any left in stock )
FlexNExT ( currently undergoing redesign )

Let us all now how you go and come back with any questions :+1:

Yeah, of course, I have done this on some of the listings
eg.
It works on the LF side of the NExT, so it should / will work with an xEM

Generally, where you see a NO, It has been tested , but didn’t work
Where you see a YES, It was tested, and did work
There should be a link to the forum post where it was tested and therefore added to the Matrix.

The Orange, would normally be, Theoretically it should / could work, but has not been tested / confirmed by anybody

7 Likes

May i request on this form we add 2 columns. one for Implant size, and one for installation Method (Injector, Needle, scalpal).

:thinking:
hmmmmm, I don’t really think this is the place for that.

We are already using a spreadsheet where a database should be being used.
It’s already quite busy / cluttered, adding another couple of columns is not going to help that.

It’s purpose is to show you what devices are compatible with your implants or vise versa, not what size an implant is and how it can be installed.
Besides, you coud use an injector, needle, scalpel to install an xSeries if you really wanted.

There is a link to each implant that will take you to the store, and generally, sombody looking at the matrix, already has an idea of the implant size and normal installation method.

Also, with regard to the size, what’s the difference between a 2mm and 3mm xSeries, implanted with an injector?

The following are probably a much better format for showing that information

https://loastedtoafinc.com/

and I could probably squeeze a link to one of them on to the matrix

I might be missing something obvious, so it’s not a NO it’s more like a convince me…

1 Like

I didnt know of the other database, and it doesnt seem great. I actually was using the Chip Compatibility matrix as a sort of repository for all the chips information as well as things that use them.

I am designing a small QA tool, and i needed to know max specs for the chips that are offered and realized that there isnt one spot, so i had to go into each link to check.

As far as installation options, i thought it would be a nice to have, as while an X-Series can be done with a scalpel, an injector is included with it.

Going back to having a central location where this information is housed, that was the tool i used since it appeared to have everything that was needed in an at-a-glance view.

While i agree, Excel shouldnt be used as a database. Sheets does make for an easy way to sort view and see items at a glance. was just a thought.