Church of transhumanism

Okay my bad. I was thinking of another kind of Satan church altogether. I’m not even sure which now, as the Church of Satan ain’t it either. I remember some organization who were true Satan worshippers when I was young, and that’s who I was thinking of.

So yeah, I eat my words. They seem to be right up my alley - apart from the fact that the borrow heavily from Christian garbage. They would be more credible without that loaded baggage, but I suppose it’s part of the shock value.

1 Like

I’m still not that sure about your age, but I can remember the satanic panic in the 80s and 90s in the US - almost everybody was a “Satan worshipper”… at least according to worried parents :wink:
I heard that pretty often, and I started run around in all-black in the late 90s…^^

I thought you would be okay with them :wink:

Too religious for something that’s not supposed to be religious :slight_smile: But yeah, they speak to me alright.

To be clear, I usually say I’m an atheist because it’s easier to fit in a sentence. But in truth, I’m what some called a post-theist: since magical beings in the sky don’t exist, I don’t see the point in identifying with a group that don’t believe in them - since “not believing in something” is also believing :slight_smile: I’m nothing at all, is my point.

The Satanic Temple is too much of something close to a set of beliefs for me in a sense. Also, they’re in favor of religious plurality and religious tolerance and I’m not.

That’s interesting - for me, they are a bit too much “stating the obvious”… like, I agree to the things they put in their tenets, but it’s all just common sense to me.

Nice idea :wink: But an a-theist would be a “no-god-person”, while a post-theist would be an “after-god-person”, which implies that gods did exist in some distant past.
For me personally, I love mythologies of all kinds, I like old fairytales and all that, and it brings some kind of “magic” to the world. Like, the way people explained all kinds of events that happened around them, and that were un-explainable in those days. I just like that.
But I do not “believe” in those deities. I am always sceptical if something gets institutionalized, and religion is an institiution so often abused and used to suppress mankind (or animals, even more) that I just stay away from it.

Hmmm… I think as long as it’s not possible to convince people to a) become atheists or b) keep faith to themselves, it’s a good idea to be in favor of tolerance. Generally speaking, as long as nobody’s hurt.

In Tennessee, use of anything other than a needle or dermal punch is prohibited by law. (By a piercer or body mod artist.)

I can’t recall who coined that term, but he defined a post-theist person as a human who’s evolved enough not to need a god in their life. I extend the definition to say it’s a person who either has had the chance never to catch the religious mental illness, or recovered from it, willfully or naturally.

1 Like

But that’s not a ban on rfid, that’s regulation of the piercers

And we use needles for 90% of our installs

Pretty sure my stage doesn’t allow any scalpel works and maybe included nothing that “could” require stitches

With the flex needle that solves most problems, besides the larger flexnext styles

To be clear I hate that type of regulation, but to call of a ban on rfid sounds like an exaggeration

Less so a ban on rfid but more so a ban on modifications.
Sure we have injectors and the flex needle. But there are many other sub-dermal implants that couldn’t use either. Such as @Coma and her silicon implant. It goes beyond our implants. Granted even though I live here I don’t have to worry about it because I’ve known my doctor and all his nurses since birth, and my mother has known he and them since childhood. Others are a bit less fortunate.

Hmmm… I heard about that, and it’s really terrible. But did anyone contact either TST or the bodymod-religion to work on that? I mean, if a church could provide help with chip implants, shouldn’t it be able to solve that problem, too?

Aaaaaand… @Eyeux, have to pull you over here again - would such a thing work as a solution to the bodmod-problems in the UK as well?

Whenever you want! :grin:

Doubt it.
Mainly because… it is not illegal!

Nothing changed under the law here. If you want, as a piercer, I can chop your nipples off and there is nothing on the law preventing me from doing so.

What happened with Dr Evil is that the council decided to be above the law and use some backhanded “legal excuses”.

For example, they claimed the client was not in his right mind when he signed the waiver.
They made surprise inspections on Dr Evil’s clinic and found some expired stuff in the back…

And some other back alleys used to build a case.

And that is why the whole scene got fucked!
If it was a law, we could have a clear line where to cross or not.
But now… you can be punished just because someone in your council doesn’t like what you do.

So the best way to protect one’s own studio… is to become as moralist as those bastards. (Which I am absolutely against).

I am seriously shocked to see how they got away with that…
So, better “protection” for artists by claiming that they are fulfilling the “religious needs” of their customers would be of no use? Damn…

Most likely to backfire. :woman_shrugging:

That scam only works on US…

For the rest of the world we sure could use a good organization helping lobby our freedoms.

But if that is combined with a phony church, then that would be even harder to achieve.

To join in the derail since this thread is as deraily as they come. If I had to label my views on gods, I suppose atheist or agnostic would fit, but I prefer “misotheist”. I see no evidence for supernatural beings, and do not believe they exist. I also have no evidence they do not exist. If there are omniscient beings, and they caused all this (looks around in consternation) to happen, then I am aligned against them.

This isn’t a real quote, but I like the concept nonetheless.
8b39ea51ec63911dd8bc3b9478f3bcf2

I’m a bit surprised that there is none yet… at least not internationally. BME delivered that in the 90s, kinda, but it’s so abandoned now… sad thing

Yep, agree on that one - though, when I asked such questions in school, people always said that god either a) lets bad things happen to “test” us (would make him pretty evil) or b) gave us free will, so it’s all our own fault. :woman_shrugging:

I’m in a group chat with some people in my area called Teen Church (I’m not religious myself but put on the facade so that I am not ostracized before I can move on my own as an adult.) and this one girl was questioning why god would let her friend kill himself saying as it’s not fair and why could such a “merciful savior” allow such terrible things to happen. She ended up having the leave the group chat because she was met with so much negative attention for questioning god. Some saying “don’t you ever question the work of our lord” or “he is testing you just don’t let it get to you.” Like come on guys this poor girls best friend has just killed himself and now you’re attacking her?
I think stuff like that plays a large part in why I am no longer religious despite growing up in the bible belt.
I’ve always enjoyed the quote apparently scratched into the walls of the Mauthausen concentration camp. “Wenn es einen Gott gibt muß er mich um Verzeihung bitten.” or “If there is a god, he has to ask for my forgiveness.”

I mean, in my opinion, christians are just immoral. Period.

Sounds like a pedo outfit…

lmao nah the snap has all teens in it and the discord is heavily noderated

You know what? I’m sure it’s my fault cuz I’m not in, or hip or something but… I ain’t a fucking clue what you just said.

:joy: all good mate. The snapchat group and the discord server (discord is like skype but better)