Compatible xSIID / 14443-3A reader

I know there is a lot of discussion regarding compatibility but I’m finding surprisingly little for this specific use case: what can one buy on Amazon that is a USB-compatible device that will work as a keyboard just like the DT KBR1 Reader… but better. Perhaps smaller, and USB-C?

I have two of the KBR1’s , and its roughly acceptable field strength makes me look for something better and more portable. It’s annoying to talk to people about how cool these implants are and then have them watch while I rub the reader all around my hand before it finally reads, you know? (Yes, I’m familiar with perpendicular antennas and accurate positioning, they just don’t read that well.)

I’ve purchased and returned three items on Amazon that purport to be ISO 14443-3A compatible, but if they work at all they report the wrong value. What products have people actually used and can confirm work?

2 Likes

Have you seen the MFGC and RSP projects? They could help your KBR-1’s performance

You could also do this to one of your KBR-1s:

Works great with my xSIID, even if it doesn’t look the best looks pretty cool actually :classic_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll echo @Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha . You’ll greatly benefit from either an RSP or mfgc. They are inexpensive additions to instantly increase your range and reduce the implant dance as I like to call it

3 Likes

This is great info, thank you both. I’d not seen these projects yet.
Still looking for a similar product, but these are helpful regardless!

3 Likes

I haven’t had any trouble with my NExT/KBR1, but to increase performance, I’d second the above replies → and this relatively new post;

Have you read the following topic for cheap reader alternatives? The benefit to these is you can buy a bunch, experiment and not worry too much about breaking them.

3 Likes

Brilliant, these plus references to existing threads - thank you everyone!

3 Likes

looks pretty cool actually.

2 Likes

I’m totally judging you and the BACK of your monitor that nobody will see…
How do you sleep at night? :wink:

It actually looks like perfect placement for…a…um…:thinking:
Reach Around

2 Likes

And giving it a tap

2 Likes