Contactless Payment and Spark being installed today, why am I so nervous?

Hey guys, maybe this is just a shitpost. Im waiting to board my flight to Seattle to get my first two implants installed this afternoon; custom contactless payment conversion chip and a Vivokey Spark 2 chip!

I’m so excited to be able to pay, share my .vcf contact card, and unlock doors with my hand! Seemed like a great idea when I ordered everything, but I’m getting awfully nervous now that I’ve seen the big ass needle for the flex chip!

Anybody feel like making small talk to keep me pumped up until the install? Do you have these chips? What do you do with them? Tips on best orientation for the contactless payment chip in position 4/5 (blade of hand)? Thanks!

1 Like

Who are you going to get the install done by?

(Seattle area is my nearest option so I am looking for recommendations)

1 Like

Hey man! I felt the same way right before my install. I got 1 NExT chip in my left hand. Just go through with it and you won’t regret it! My position 0 install in my left hand did not hurt at all. I use my chip to open up my garage and share rickroll links. I don’t have a payment implant quite yet, but think you will love using yours!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

3 Likes

You’ll feel like a :metal:rockstar :guitar: because of the huge needle… once it’s all done.
Been there, done that :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I dunno but my upgrades are installed by John Durante at Evolve. He just doesn’t want to be on the map.

4 Likes

I am going to Seattle to see Gumby at Hidden Entity Tattoo. He came highly recommend on the forum, one of the only installers who has actually installed these new contactless payment chips! Makes me feel a lot better going to someone who knows what he’s doing, rather than trying to convince my local piercer to try something new for the first time!

5 Likes

Good luck, and if you want to meet up for a drink afterwards I’m only about 250 miles away. :smiley:

It sounds like you have made some solid choices there, so no need to be nervous.

1 Like

Haha that’s about how far I’m traveling today. Makes for a easy round trip with direct flights.

Anyone in Seattle Tacoma area want to meet up for a drink this afternoon? Drinks on me if the bar takes contactless payment, gotta test this baby out!

2 Likes

Ah! Great guy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately (as my work HQ is near SeaTac) I have to drive 100 miles before I can get on a plane to SeaTac. Given flight times (and drive times) I tend to drive up there (and back) when I need to go.

2 hours to PDX, then either another 3 hours to Renton or a 1 hour flight to SeaTac (plus buffer time either end) and then having to get to Renton. I could save up to 90 minutes by flying, but it just doesn’t seem worthwhile.

How’s that for a quality meaningless post?

1 Like

Thanks for the support everyone! Feeling better already. Regardless, my flight is about to take off, so there’s no turning back now!

3 Likes

Is there documentation on how to orient the contactless payment chip? I’m assuming chip side facing out, don’t know if there is more nuance to it than that.

Chip side out or in, doesn’t matter really

1 Like

And it doesn’t matter which end of the chip faces up (fingers) or down (wrist)? That makes it easy!

The purewrist chip?
I have the vimpay payment chip. I love it.

The only problem is, after the first chipimplants it was like: “I want more”

3 Likes

The only consideration would be how you have to contort your hand to get a read, that’s really the only concern.

1 Like

Gumby installed my flexEm and Spark 1. I am quite squeamish with such things and they made the process quite easy and comfortable–numbing gel helped, too!

3 Likes

Instead… I guess, a function of the forum is to provide support in situations like this.
:camera_flash: Oh, I’d love to see pics of the installation / healing.

2 Likes

Just landed in Seattle! Beautiful views from the flight:

7 Likes

Yes I did the PureWrist conversion. Quick review of PureWrist: the app is trash, couldn’t set up my account because all the drop down menus were broken. But once I figured out that the website works for setting up the account, now the app is pretty handy for checking my balance, uploading money to my account from my credit card (no fee!), and seeing my transaction history.

Tested the chip after the conversion and it worked great. Would recommend the PureWrist platform for conversions :+1:

3 Likes