COVID-19 projects

I dropped my milling machine’s dividing head on my foot and ripped the entire big toenail clean off. 3 years later, it’s still not fully grown back, and I reckon it’ll be 3 more years until it regrows fully into a normal-shaped nail that doesn’t look like I never wash my feet because it’s full of old caked blood underneath (annoying when you’re a full-time barefooter :slight_smile:)

Toenails grow really, really slowly. You’re in for the long haul baby…

1 Like

giphy

Appropriate :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

And @Drwolfsburg another Archer reference from you, gets you another :heart: from me

My mate split his thumbnail, he wished it had come off, it is now 15 years later and It grows split

1 Like

I dropped a M240 on my foot and lost it’s nail. Grows half way lol

2 Likes

Cut half my thumb off. Nail grew back 100% but thumb is a little wonky!

1 Like

My solar project. Coming together in S…L…O…W motion.
Case in point, this being a prototype, I just discovered that I gotta take it back apart to switch attaching hardware types. Otherwise the panels won’t fit.

1 Like

Does playing the “Stalk Market” count as a project? Teaching my 4 year old what I do IRL via Animal Crossing is a strange and interesting thing. haha.

5 Likes

omg is this going to be a solar windmill design?!

Haha, there is an Idea, a Windpump with solar panel blades

Would that not loose a lot of efficiency? Especially if the wind is blowing towards the sun.

Solar panel efficiency by angle:

1 Like

Yeah, it would if I was serious…Sorry, I was just playing along with Amals Joke

tumbleweed

1 Like

Ahh, I haz the asburgers sarcasm often goes right over my head… living in Australia for 12 years was fun… :stuck_out_tongue: because there not a sarcastic bunch at all…

1 Like

I feel ya. I’m really INTJ, which means socailly just about like aspergers.

You hit the nail on the head. Gonna be a two axis solar tracker array. The pinwheel design is just for pretty.
Cause, Hey, why not?

I’m gonna tell all the neighbors that it’s a Thermal Nuclear Fusion Powered Receiver. Just to see if they can figure out that means solar.

3 Likes

The Thermonuclear Fusion Receiver or TFR was designed by @ODaily to track the sun, but he didn’t realize he was now being tracked… by the FBI.

2 Likes

Got some work done today on tidying up my XAC project for my shed :slightly_smiling_face:
First I built a smal circuit board for it, so connecting will get easier on location and to ease component swaps :slightly_smiling_face:

Not my neatest solder work though😅

The XAC triggers the small black Reed relay, wich in turn triggers the blue relay.
I wish I had another 12V relay laying arround, but it was the only I had and it’s triggered low. Thus two instead of one :stuck_out_tongue:

The setup is a fail-to-safe, so incase of a power loss the lock will stay open. I’ll implement a battery & charger to it once my new charger arrives. I have to make up for voltage drop over a reverse feed diode, to reduce the over all power consumption in case of loss of power.

The A draw is not to shabby I’d say :slightly_smiling_face:

This is with the XAC in stand by, and the solenoid to keep the door locked.

Here is the sircuit with the XAC active, powering both relays.

Edit: as the lock is active all the time, the power draw is the biggest when the door is locked :slightly_smiling_face::ok_hand:

3 Likes

The temptation is real…

6 Likes

Do It

5 Likes

If it was just a R0 install I would probably give it a go but I don’t want to try the back of my hand solo, so I will just get them all done together after this kerfuffle is all over.

2 Likes

L1 was more easy to self install tham L0.

Just saying.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat haha. Soooooooo tempting to just do at least one myself…

3 Likes