Custom 5mm flex installation needle now available

I would not have apologized.
You would think that due to the nature of this forum that “cancel culture” would not exist here.

2 Likes

I’m not a piercer or a machinist, but my understanding is that cutting and grinding down a hollow tube into a needle is cheap, and results in a sharper implement for the money than a centerpoint needle. They’re supposed to be disposable, so sharp tool+low cost is the goal. A solid centerpoint needle may well be easier to handle, but you have to source them and sharpen them if you want to reuse.

Yeah, a 4g metal spike. That seems to be a whole new level for me.

I poke people with needles almost daily at work too. The thought of a spike being used just doesn’t seem right, even though there is nothing wrong with it. It is also called a taper I think.

There are needles that have inserts to make them solid, or to give stiffness to the needle. IMG-39786

Pull out the angle grinder, good as new.

1 Like

I don’t see what the problem would be. I mean ultimately, that’s what dermal lifters are, in much, much bigger and much blunter. They tear through the connective tissue and push stuff out of the way. It seems more logical than coring stuff out with a hollow tube and a lopsided blade.

:stuck_out_tongue:

That second needle gif is totally from that Björk video.

You do t have to have the procedure done on a field… as long as it’s clean enough to catch blood and you never touch the “work area” to that, you’re fine. My bet is though that there was a little tray next to you with a sterile field on it and the needles and doodads being used in the procedure… that’s the important aspect of field prep.

Autoclave

1 Like

Oh dear… Little did I know.

clear cache

3 Likes

I know that piercing needles in the US and Germany are (or at least were) different, so I just say what I’ve been told. Think we got some modders here on the forum, maybe they can correct me if I’m wrong.
If you take something solid through a, let’s say, earlobe (insert any other pierced area here), it would push the tissue aside, in a way, and that tissue will exert pressure on the freshly made wound. That actually happens when piercing guns ( :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) are used, and it often results in a ring of scar tissue around the piercing itself.
If you use a hollow needle, a bit of the tissue is removed, leaving the piercing more space to heal properly (because, less pressure and all that). Funny enough, the jewelry that is inserted is usually a bit thicker than the “hole” itself, to stop bleeding, so a bit of pressure is okay.

And @Eriequiet - thanks for the blog, was a really nice read! Though I still get a bit sad when I read about Fakir Musafar… was a great man (though I never met him in person), and a great loss for the bodymod-community, I think.

1 Like

Makes sense for piercings.

I guess I was more thinking about subdermal implants: there really is no need to remove any flesh in that case: you just want to push things out of the way to insert something.

But yeah, for piercings, you probably want to carve out some space for whatever takes up the volume of flesh that was removed.

Yeah, and that’s why I like the “blunt force” method that was applied to us both :wink:
I think it actually does less damage to the tissue, compared to creating the pocket with a needle (given the person that does it knows what he does…)

I do think I’ve read amal saying the same.
But more people are skilled enough and allowed to use needles.

Might be that way… and, to each his own, as long as the artist is a professional, everything’s fine :wink:
But if you have the choice between the two, I think I’d choose the “scalpel-and-elevator-method” (dunno if there are many places where you actually have that choice, but still :smile: )

1 Like

I have the choice, but I’ll go with the needle method, it costs like 100€ less. Also, it’s faster.

Big con for me - that would reduce my wellness-time in the studio! :smiley:
That’s one thing I loved about my scarification… lazily lying around for three hours, chatting with great people, what else could I want? :smile:

2 Likes

Still surprised a flattened or oval shaped needle isn’t a thing

1 Like

Also @Pilgrimsmaster ~ although people have seemingly already jumped to conclusions, your video may not have been reported by someone here.

I’ve recently had 8yo videos age-gated that were unlisted, and some older body mod educational/training videos I uploaded over 10 years ago that were both unlisted and not viewed in years were totally removed for violating guidelines.

You probably got hit by an AI sweep or summin’, like me :v:

1 Like

Maybe, but it has been there for about 3 months, and it was flagged within an hour of me reposting it above, so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hmm, but wait: if you post a link to an unlisted video on this here forum, it suddenly becomes public, seeing that the forum is publicly viewable.

If the Google crawler passed over it and saw a public link to a private video, the Google collective may have decided you private video wasn’t private no more, and killed it - since YT is Google.

Ithritin might have a point there.

2 Likes

The wording sounds like SOMEBODY flagged it

“was flagged to us for review. Upon review, we’ve[…]”

I really don’t know though :man_shrugging:

1 Like