Cyborg tunes, jams, bops, etc

8 Likes

Watched this last night thanks to your reply, and honestly loved it, had it set to original language with english subtitles and loved it even more, I love how each person had their language and wasnt dubbed, made it so much better and better fitting to the story when they mentioned the universal translators

Glad to see someone appreciating it!!
The last scenes from Bubs are epic! :heart_eyes:

so… keeping on with some flicks then…
How about Sogo Ishi’s masterpiece? Straight from Japan’s golden age of Punk Cinema, starring punk legend Michiro Endo:

Burst City!

It’s a raw cyberpunk opera! (so loads of tunes there)

And for the most western minded folks here, featuring the glorious days from Ice-T and the best role from Keanu Reeves career (and only only movie he hasn’t ruined. imho):

Johnny Mnemonic!

Since they have a track from KMFDM in the soundtrack, which is a band that definitely gets me in a ‘cyberpunkey’ mood, and we’re talking about music here… this clip also has many other KMFDM songs and a few good flick recommendations from the 90s! :wink:

and I definitely can’t recommend Johnny Mnemonic enough!

Now back to songs…

Ok, won’t push it on today’s post then, least this changes! :sweat_smile:

I danced far too much to Eisenfunk! Maybe more than I should care to admit… :rofl:

Also another nugget from Germany I listened far too much, and still brings me the cyborgey feels:

Girls Under Glass!

And here you get some sweet Thai EBM:

If you have any direct links to the original composer I appreciate. I only tracked it as far as the studio behind the animation that tune is a theme to, then didn’t put much more effort into it.

1 Like

Coincidentally, i just watched Johnny Mnemonic last night. Also coincidentally, it was set in 2021

2 Likes
1 Like

This song belongs in this thread:

6 Likes

I vote for this to be the official DT forum theme song.

6 Likes

It sure does.
I love those crazy Norwegians!

There’s something about them that kinda screams “Gunther” and makes me giggle (For the sake of everyone’s sanity I won’t link Gunther here).
But shame on you if you don’t know it!

3 Likes

One of my fav albums is James Holden’s The Inheritors:

It is violent and primal, profoundly human and yet not. I’ve always interpreted the whole album as the soundtrack of humanity yielding to the machines, with the penultimate track being the last purely human work, and the final track the first purely machine-made one.

2 Likes

Ghost in the Machine’s Linkin Park remixes

1 Like

That song might just end up under my skin…

1 Like

I liked that :heart: …but I was reluctant :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :dad_joke:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m surprised there isn’t any Anamanaguchi, Ninr Inch Nails Ghost albums or Aphex Twin

Oh and The Bloody Beetroots/SBCR.

1 Like

And no mention of Lorn or Magic Sword.

But I In my opinion anything vaporwave, acidwave, outrun, Synthwave, Darksynth. Fits my head canon for our aesthetic.

Also circuit bending, chip tune.

1 Like

“Trash City” from Transvision Vamp has a cyber vibe!

Lorn is amazing and severely underrated. If anyone knows of any artist/album that has a similar feel I’d be eternally grateful.

Also, while we’re at it, “Wilderness” by Makeup and Vanity Set is one of my absolute favorite albums in this genre of music and really in general.

From the new beat saber OST, lyrics feel very transhumanist/cyborg-ish

It’s my favorite from the OST V.

6 Likes

Great tune!! I was jamming out to this driving to my mom’s house this evening. I have to take her for another knee replacement tomorrow. Hehe, she keeps having body parts replaced, and I keep adding them…hehe :laughing:

3 Likes