Endochron Implant

I sent through my application for the licence yesterday (they ask for payment once it’s been accepted), and have talked to Chris on the phone and set up a zoom meeting for Monday. All looks like it’s starting to fall into place

3 Likes

How are you accepting donations?

I’ve just been writing down what I spend money on Here, I don’t feel comfortable taking advance donations so if there’s anything expensive I need (like the licence or the batch of betavoltaic) I’ll ask on here

@Satur9 if you have a document already I’ll add to that, otherwise if you request access to the doc I’ll let you edit

2 Likes

Sounds good.

Anyone seriously working on this can dm me also. I ain’t got unlimited money, BUT, some will help get you to the goal.

3 Likes

I don’t want anyone to be at a loss, I’m hoping we can share out the profits so anyone who donated gets it back then proceeds go to DT and whoever actually manufactures them

Actually, a bit of help with what I’ve already bought wouldn’t go amiss, plus I bought some test equipment but I’ll keep that for the rest of my life so I didn’t list it in the sheet, I’m a student and working part time so if you want I can take some money off you

Was there any clarification if the license was only needed by the “manufacturer”

Or could each customer theoretically need one?

I doubt that would be the case… my company works with a lot of tritium, and it’s in many of our products and the customer isn’t required to do anything but not eat it lol

But it may have to do with product approvals
Idk, the nuclear materials compliance it’s not my wheelhouse,

That was more why I wanted clarification about the licensure laws in Australia

• I could potentially try to ask around work see who knows anything about the nuclear material compliance stuff… but it may not be applicable

It’s different from state to state. You can find out all the fun stuff I did if you check out the NRC website

You need a licence to own one in Australia

Yeah, you mentioned. I just thought there might be more details somewhere that I could read about. I can try and go look it up though

I don’t really know, when I get my licence I’ll post the fine print here, and I’ll also ask my contact at the radiation lisence place and see if we can generalise the rules of smoke alarms

3 Likes

@amal what state are you in? Do you have any idea what licences you might need to receive and send these for coating?

Anyone else who wants one should look into what licences you need to own one, and authorisation you need to import them. I need a management licence and an import authority to receive them in Australia, but I don’t think I need anything to export them.

What follows is theoretical and should not be put into practice. No law breaking allowed:
An exporter could neglect to declare the radioactive contents of the package to avoid customs. I WONT DO THIS but someone else might

I’m in Washington State… but considering I’ve ordered and received horrifically radioactive devices (see radioactive wristbands), I don’t think it will be an issue to receive and process these… especially if I’m not opening or performing any manufacturing processes in the actual radioactive bit.

I’m not either, I’m just plugging the thing into my device. I’ll see if I can find out what they’ll do it I just send it

@Satur9 have you patented this? we don’t want someone patenting it and charging us a licence fee

Ya’ll are doing some marvelous work, that’s over my head. That said, when the time comes to crowdfund this, lemme know

2 Likes

Patenting things is rarely the path to success. It’s very difficult and mostly for show. If you want to try though feel free to give it a go. It’s costly so don’t expect an ROI

It won’t be an issue because this is a publicly published project and counts are prior art, so nobody is going to be able to patent and if they attempt it we can challenge.

3 Likes