First xg3 - in finger?

I’ve got an stl for a flex/xG3/xNT 3d print. I could email it to you or something
edit: would be a little later I don’t have access to my desktop rn

1 Like

Oh yes… had my flexy installed through that place, to make the scar less visible, and I was really surprised how much force my bodymod artist had to apply there. And I got quite soft hands, can’t imagine how that would be on a person who does regular hard work…

2 Likes

Me too! The person who does my implants is a phlebotomist and she had a bit of trouble getting that honker of a needle in. She also missed the spot I wanted by quite a bit butttttt it’s migrated anyway :sweat_smile:

Hey thanks. Seems like a small target. I personally would come in from the other way.

not sure if it is better.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah it’s his file that I converted from f3d to stl

1 Like

Right so

1. it is your body, and i agree in bodily autonomy BUT the way you are talking about it sounds like you still need to do more research, not saying don’t just saying research because:
  2. Yes ketamine is known for its medical uses, but not on someone who is preforming the procedure themself, there is a reason doctors lose their licence over working under the influence.
  3. The XG3 will be nothing like a piercing, trust me i have also done a lot of diy piercings and the XG3 will be 100% not like that (unless you have mastered the act of doing one handed Microdermals then maybe you will have some useful experience) yea maybe one of the xEM or NT may be more the speed of self piercing but not something like the G3
  4. as Coma said, never damage is not to be taken lightly, we are talking never ending pain or even paralysis if done wrong (or even right, sometimes shit just hits the fan)
  5. You are never going to get the same sterile environment that you should have, not saying this in a bad way, none of us really can. Nothing can constitute a place that never gets used for anything other than piercings like a studio, not your bathroom, kitchen or dining room, dosnt matter how much you have cleaned. Not saying this to deter you, this is just a warning you need to know what you are getting into.

You have picked the hardest spot with one of the hardsent implants of this type, please be careful, and i wish you luck. can’t wait to see how it goes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me that looks more risky, because there is more distance that you have to follow the main nerve.

nerven-der-hand

But its less likely to push it self out…

How deep is the ideal deepness for the final position in the Finger?

Is slightly under the Hypodermis enough or more like in the middle between bone and skin?

What i mean is mire like the Red line or like the Blue one?

I’ll say this, I put the XG3 on the top of my hand, and WOW is that sucker big. It’s always prominently above the level of skin on my hand, and it was not fun trying to get it in.

Like, for you, in that kind of spot, I might say sure, go for it, you’ve got experience doing piercings, worse case you just lose the implant. But while I totally get that you’re doing your reading and research and you feel comfortable accepting the risk, it feels like you’re still missing their points on the risks and how they’re larger than you think they are.

Also, just in general, the XG3 doesn’t bind to the skin like most magnet coatings, so it’s very prone to migration, which means you’re actually less likely to even end up with it where you want, if it even takes. That makes it a bad magnet for the job.

Others have also suggested that it might not give you the magnetic “sense” other magnets do based on its size and that lack of coating, meaning you would probably not even get the effect your after.

Either seek a professional installer for this, and/or get the proper kind of implant for the job. For your own safety and lack of disappointment.

2 Likes

I think that sums it all up…

I am all about self experimentation and owning up your own risks.
But in order for someone to be able to responsibly accept the risks they are about to take, they must first be able to understand those risks.

And I think this is where things went awry on this thread:

Absolutely no one who knows what is nerve damage would ever utter that sentence.
A (very) wrong pinch on your fingertip nerve might cause you to feel debilitating pain whenever you bend your elbow, for the rest of your life.

One thing is to go in for a procedure knowing that you might come out with bad consequences. This will allow you to be extra careful and prepare for any eventualities.

Another thing is to just ignore the risks blindly.

Being aware of what might go wrong allows you to prepare well enough so you can turn failure into success.

Another big red flag here was this:

Fisrt off… Don’t think that black market Special K will be even nearly close to actual Ketamine.
1 vial of medical grade Ketamine becomes up to 30 vials of ketamine before it’s mixed up with other shit prior to hitting the black market. (why else you think it’s so cheap?) :wink:

Not to mention the most important: By altering your mind before operating in yourself you are just inviting disaster.
Have you ever considered what happens when your blood pressure suffers a sudden drop while you’re under the effects of Ketamine? You drop uncounscious.
So how close are we from the scenario where you start poking the wound with the needle… and suddenly falls to the ground (with a sharp object inside you)… when you come back to your senses a few hours later you have a silly wound that takes a month or two to heal before you can try again and your magnet is no longer sterile.

That is a great example of tragedy that can be mitigated by prior study.

Also, Despite being in favour of self-experimentation, I do agree strongly with @Coma:

And sometimes all it takes is one bad fuck up that falls in the media to ruin the practice for everyone.

Take UK for example… Currently it is the worst country in the western world to get bodymods done. All the studios stopped doing interesting stuff and most places won’t even do basic experimental stuff now. All because of one mod gone “wrong” last year that hit the media.

Now just imagine if they had been using Special K on Dr Evil’s procedure. :persevere:

Well, now that this is out, let’s get down to business:

I would rather avoid getting any needle through the Phalanx joints. Far too much risk for messing up your mobility that can be mitigated easily.

@mrln’s approach and placement seems ok. there are just 2 elements to consider there…

First is xG3’s diameter. 3mm is a lot for a fingertip.
so…

This :point_up_2: is a 3mm space. it is as close to the sides as
reccomended.

And this :point_up_2: is a rough represendation of the wdth taken by bones and essential icky bits which cannot share a space with a magnet.

There you can see a rather undesired overlap…

This does not mean it’s not possible. Quite the opposite: that place is canonical for magnets. but what happens is that the magnet pushes the flesh out and the bits in.
So the maximum diameter we can insert there depends a lot on your constitution.
Unfortunately just like not everyone can accommodate an industrial piercing, it’s even harder to fit a 3mm x15mm magnet on the fingertips.

Although by your pictures, you might be able to fit it in there… but be prepared for possible rejection.

Now for the second issue… the length.
Many people only take the length of the fingertip into consideration, measuring like this:

That works fine for a lateral placement, but you must take into consideration that whenever we grip our flesh changes in ways that a glass cylinder cannot.
So the closer we are to the centre of the fingertip, the smaller is the available length.

These :point_up: Diagonal lines should work as rough safety guidelines. so you might play with placement by following them instead of just moving the measure or 3d model in a straight line.

Sort of like this :point_up_2:

That can also guide you into how close to the centre of the fingertip you can safely place it. ( not that anyone wants a magnet on the middle of the fingertip )

In short, it is of course possible to place an xG3 in the fingertip, but that’ll depend a lot on your anatomy. It might just as well fit in perfectly, get rejected, or just be very visible.

Another potential placement candidate might be the position “-1”, or just outside the metacarpal bone for your thumb…

4 Likes

The -1 Position is not listed there.

Could somebody tell me where it is?

It’s position 11 here

1 Like

Oh, I remember reading a suggestion for it to be called -1 somewhere. hadn’t seen it got formalized as 11 (-1 was really confusion prone though)

I can see how the “or” confused you…
“just outside the metacarpal bone for your thumb” was the description of the position…

2 Likes

Be hard (but possible) to find a worse place to put any implant.
Sooner or latter it will fail.

Why would you cripple yourself like that?
You use your fingers many times everyday and the loss of even one finger has a huge negative impact on productivity.
If you need a pain killer to do it… it’s not a good idea.
The complications will prove far more painful than the implantation…

Huh? That’s just not true…
What about lots of magnets implanted in fingertips since at least 15 years or so?

Slowly, I get the feeling you just want to spread some panic…

3 Likes

@blackhawk , This is @coma 's first interaction with you, and she has the measure of you immediately.

Calm your farm man!

What do you mean with that?

So in your opinion it’s okay do implements if you dont need Painkillers, but when you take them its not a good idea?

I don’t understand that.

Then why is it that fingertip is actually the most canonical place to have a magnet for over a decade now?

Reading all your post, I can’t avoid but to have a feeling you’re either intentionally fearmongering, or you have no Idea about what are implantable magnets…

Need for Pain Management has absolutely no connection to how complex or dangerous is a procedure.

+1

I guess he is just spreading panic for fun…

1 Like

You should get someone to be nearby in case you get lightheaded…and assist with the install…and hold the tools for you. What I’m saying is find somebody to do the install for you and don’t do it yourself :sweat_smile: it’s too much

I’ve had 3 magnet installs, 2 smaller ones in the fingertip and an xG3 in the tragus. Magnets are some of the most involved implants available right now. The xG3 is big. It’s gonna be a real pain in the ass to install it in your finger without it rejecting after a week. I don’t know if a butterfly closure will be enough, you might need a stitch.

If you do go through with this, you might want to get a scalpel and some kind of dermal elevator to make an appropriately large pocket, and then pop the xG3 out of it’s injector on the sterile field and have it inserted in your finger by hand.

These two people have had xG3s installed in their fingers. The forum’s search function is your friend.

1 Like

:syringe: :peach:
I think you might be installing it wrong…
:wink:

4 Likes