flexEM positioning and chat

Good call, plus some information materials /supporting documentation.
Combined with your current implants will all go to aid convincing them.
Good luck buddy

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Speaking of that, is there a how to approach a professional for flexies? Or install documentation?

Not as far as I am aware.

As you know the procedure is very similar with the custom needle, for standard flexies, but when it comes to the larger implants like the FlexEM, that would probably best be at the discretion of the installer and what they are comfortable with.

In my opinion, It would still be worth reading through and providing your potential installers with the following information

It would be nice if there was a paint by numbers :framed_picture: for large flexies, but alas there isn’t currently.
Hopefully you can convince your installer to allow you to record it.
But as with @ItaBeAight, I think their refusal was justified, but you never know if you don’t ask.

In saying that, there are a couple of YouTube videos that would give your installer some ideas

“What videos” I hear you ask

:speaking_head: :loudspeaker: WHAT VIDEOS?

Here’s one

And another

1 Like

Completely forgot Thought Emporium had a flexNT video! Might show that one to my doctor as well as any surgeon I approach

1 Like

problem

no

oh no

read the guide

especially this part

Emailing or even calling a professional piercer you don’t already know has a very low chance of success. The reason for this is simple - they have no idea who you are, what you’re asking them to do, or if it’s even remotely safe. You’re basically asking them to put their entire business and career at risk to do a one-time installation for you, a complete stranger… nobody is likely to agree to that. To have any decent chance of success, you’re going to have to put on your shoes and go outside.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve realized now it might not’ve been the best option :smile: my only issue was still having to travel a bit if I were to go in office, Thankfully work tomorrow puts me within minutes of both so when I get off I’m going to head down there and see.

2 Likes

Got an appointment setup with a plastic surgeon this Thursday to talk with him about it :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: seems very open to the idea the front desk woman said it’d mainly be to check for spacing? and stuff of the sort

4 Likes

Day 10

Stitches came out on day 9, everything is coming together nicely, a little more red than I’d like but it’s getting better every day.

The read distance is incredible, almost as good as my actual key card.

Now to get my Spark 2 in me.

4 Likes

That is looking nice buddy.

I don’t have a FlexEM, Just a test one, and from when I had the FlexMT I thought the range was amazing.
I just wish the install was a little easier.
Yours looks great
:vault_boy_thumbs_up:

2 Likes

Just had my flexEM put in recently.

That’s the upper corner of the back of my right hand. The smaller dot below is where my titan went in. I had set it up before I had it installed and much to my surprise even through the swelling I was experiencing I was getting a read from almost an inch away. Really looking forward to everything healing up and seeing just how far out I can get with this.

3 Likes

Ah, so - a Titan in knife edge! That’s nice, I’m still thinking about that as well… any problems with that placement so far?

1 Like

Nothing yet, I’m waiting for everything to heal up before I start messing with it too much. I tossed a paper clip on it just to make sure it was still in there. Can’t feel anything with it yet, likely just a swelling issue.

1 Like

Although I can’t vouch for Titan I will say if you’re at all wanting to do lifting be careful with knife edge. I can only lift 2-3 paper clips now that mine has migrated

1 Like

Consultation turned installation.
She’s in boys!
I’ll post an update Wednesday so you can see the incision and stuff but until then it’s gloved

14 Likes

AWESOME
I am stoked as fuck for you.
Heal well :adhesive_bandage:

Looking forward to the updates

2 Likes

Does this mean I get to chant “One of Them!”. :laughing:

1 Like

Reads on my AC through the wrap and the swelling :smile: range is nuts on this thing

6 Likes

:rofl: I love this forum.

8 Likes

Meant to mention yesterday @amal the surgeon really approved of your packaging! When he was cutting on my hand he was like “Yeah these guys put it in alcohol or something so they clearly care at least a little if it’s sterile or not” :smile: I was just like yeah mate it’s chlorahexidine they’ve gotta be careful with sterility since it’s a big part of their business

7 Likes