flexEM positioning and chat

Here

1 Like

I plan to put mine there as well, just left hand. Not right. I find it to be the best suited place after looking at everything on the forums etc.

1 Like

I did it for you… You’re welcome :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I plan to buy it on the 12th. Not sure of the install date, but will be my first Flex =)

Good luck with it all.

Just remember to put it under ther skin not on it like in the picture… :wink:

I am so helpful today

4 Likes

Wait, it goes inside?! :grin:

3 Likes

That’s what He/She said lol…

It works wonderfully either way

2 Likes

Today was a good day!

4 Likes

Just a month to wait for your install though… bummer.
At least you can test and play with the FlexEM in the meantime…

Are you going to document (video) your FlexEM install?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a bummer, but it’ll already be programmed I’ll and have an idea of its range prior to install.

I will absolutely be documenting the install, but I may edit the crying um… background noise.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:
The box is very tiny and cute, I shall keep it forever

5 Likes

I’m sorry to say that I will most likely not be able to film the install as I believe my doctor doesn’t want to put his practice at risk. I’ll still do my best to document the aftercare and healing process when the time comes.

1 Like

Understandable, but a pity.
Have you asked him/her to film it? (on a phone holder or you holding)
That way he/she has control of the footage, and can give you excerpts that doesn’t disclose their practice if they are happy to.
They can also use it at medical conferences etc. :man_shrugging:t3:

Definitely couldn’t do that :sweat_smile: he’d lose his license for sure.
He’s already a bit off put by doing it (still haven’t got a 100% yes or no yet)
So if he does say yes I’ll definitely ask him but won’t push too hard
On the contrary if he says no I’ve already been given a referral for a plastic surgeon a few hours away, and I can’t imagine he’d have a problem with me filming.

Actually, here in the USA, MDs and surgeons can do whatever they want. The only way to lose a license is to act negligently. Trust me, I’ve had dealing with a “bad actor” surgeon who got away with so much completely illegal shit with no repercussions before finally getting their license suspended (not revoked) because the victims did not retain enough documentation to garner a harsher sentence, which was levied only against the evidence presented, not the full depth of the charges. I mean bad shit… medical experimentation resulting in tissue loss and disfigurement kind of bad… still, no jail time, could re-instate their license after a probation period.

What is more damaging to a doc’s practice is loss of insurance coverage, which covers malpractice lawsuits etc… and that can be yanked at the drop of a hat and you basically get blacklisted so no company will touch you… that is death to a practice… so when docs act coy around procedures or publicity, it’s because of that threat looming over them… not fear of losing their license.

Of course it may be totally different in other countries… I dunno how it works elsewhere… but here, you have nearly full dominion over anything you want to do… as long as it cannot be found negligent by the entirely subjective process of the criminal courts. That includes experimental surgeries, off-label uses for drugs, etc. It really is quite amazing.

1 Like

Fair enough then, I’ll see about recording it as I said. Might just have to make sure his face/any identifying information isn’t in it. He had mentioned that if he did he’d want to keep it under the table, probably for the insurance reasons you mentioned above. At this point honestly I’m just hoping I won’t have to drive 4 hours and pay out the ass for a plastic surgeon to do it :smile:

well i mean i wouldn’t push it with him… if he doesn’t want to be anywhere near a camera that’s his choice … i just wanted to clarify the risks, and the astonishing amount of legal slack docs actually have if they so choose to exercise it.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t try to coax him or anything past an “eh do you mind if I record as long as your face isn’t in it”
He’s been a family friend since my mom was in high school or I wouldn’t even consider it. I kinda scared him off a bit by showing him a flexMT install which is obviously a bit bigger. After some talk about the size difference he’s back into I’ll let you know territory, I also think mentioning I’d have to go to a surgeon upstate helped my case a bit. I’m almost positive he’s just worried about fucking up my hand because it’d probably make him feel bad :smile:
So if you or anyone else has a video of a smaller flex install done with a scalpel I’d greatly appreciate it.
Sorry for the long post but also quick question while you’re here, since the clinic doesn’t have any dermal elevators what might you suggest as an alternative? Could he just separate it with the scalpel or like the back of a scalpel?

1 Like

Fwiw you could mention that you would scrub audio also so there would be nothing besides his gloved hands in the shot

1 Like

use the stick off this, and bonus you get to eat it and get a little sugar in your system before implantation… what could go wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

sorry, not very helpful :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes