FlexNExT not reading - Excess liquid above it?

I mean remembering back to his heated debate on solder and his “legitimate claims” on dentists implanting things in fillings… I think it’s the former

1 Like

Way off track but it annoys me every time blackhawk pops up spread fear and in some cases disinformation and then dissappear they have never (to my knowledge) contributed anything but overexageration and fear.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Yep… I mean, I’m still quite relaxed about my hand (considering helpful people here and around me assured me I’m not in immediate danger :wink: ), but to tell someone in such a situation that maybe chunks of flesh have to be removed is pretty irresponsible. Taking things seriously is important, but making someone panic is always a bad idea…

4 Likes

Interesting conversations going on here.

Let’s try to sort my opinions on everything…

I had honestly the same thought as our fellow friend Pilgrim yesterday with the thread here but at least this case it’s still on target and flexNExT related. So i continue here with trying to avoid any further derailment. :sweat_smile:

Most important for now is that @Coma is in my eyes a very careful person. After reading what you wrote yesterday i think you are handling this situation well enough that we (the forum community) don’t have too much to worry about right now. As long as the implant site remains in a stable condition (especially since you stated that you are not having the fastest healing flesh) and the hand itself doesn’t freak out in some bad way, you are good to wait for now and check back with the doctor that you trust, in the upcoming week. I promise to keep an eye on this topic too, through this forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also short something to blackhawks post. With most things in the post, i think they confuse this with the normal glass NExT, especially when i read the “one or two days, swelling away” theory. Sadly i haven’t seen a flexNExT in all it’s beauty with my own eyes until now, but i think everyone here in the forum (pro or not) can imagine that a pocket this size in the back of a hand needs way more healing time.

I think similar. But still as always the add from me: Estimated healing times may vary from one person to another. :wink: The more flexies we have on here, the more we learn about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

The bacterial or fungal infection theory is not really an option so many months after installation. I had many cases, of many different infections to treat in my life until now. Such things look and act different to the case that is happening here with this flexie. So i will not be jumping on that theme to spread fear, especially not with the “Candida Auris”…

100% agreed on that. :slightly_smiling_face:

And short again in the direction of @Eyeux

Thanks, same thoughts when i read yours. :slightly_smiling_face:

The single-handed typing club is open and anyone can join in! :joy: You can add my wife @ShaakPsi to the club too. She got also an interesting upgrade (install by me, before i got mine) yesterday. But less invasive, so she will be recovering faster than me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Of course i will pay your install thread a visit and a closer look later on, since my wife said it’s a very interesting read. :+1:

And well…(may the “Master of Pilgrim” forgive me this time…) :sweat_smile:

What i am working on currently is self developed, so normally nothing to bother this forum with, but since there is some interest…i continue to make photos of the entire process and i will put some nice posts together for the “hijacking thread” as soon as everything is fully healed.

Official end of derailment (I promise!) :innocent: only flexNExT related response from me, here in this thread from now on.

5 Likes

Completely agree!
my “6 months” figure as a minimum is more of a safe ball:
If you have such a big implant on such a delicate spot… even if you are a rapid healer… better still wait at least the 6 months mark! Just in case.

The best thing one can achieve by making someone else panic… is to get that person’s healing to go down the drain!
Stress and lack of sleep are some of the main villains of a healthy recovery…

And what does he gain from that?
A void (and crumbling) feeling of superiority?

Sorry for the rant, but I just can’t stand that kind of attitude.

Appreciate your thoughts! ^^
Hope I can get time to set a player for the video (instead of a link) by then.

Looking forward to it! :grin:

3 Likes

Some little update - a weekend with very little movement at all changed… almost nothing. Still red, still swollen. Funny enough, it’s not warm, currently, even a bit cold, but that’s maybe just because it’s cold and wet outside… dunno :woman_shrugging:
And it is still pretty painful (makes sense, since it’s still swollen…) - moving my fingers is no fun, so I happily join the one-handed-typing-club :wink:

I’ve got an appointmemt with my relaxed doc tomorrow, let’s see what he says.
I’m just a tiny bit afraid that I “endure” this for some weeks, just to have the implant fail a month or so afterwards… :grimacing:

3 Likes

I am sorry that your going through this :frowning:

Have we talked about compression yet?

Whatever’s going on with your flexNExT is super-weird, so long after implantation.

Hmm, I don’t mean to harp on about this, but have you considered lying down for a few days? Possibly with a compression bandage. I have a feeling this is one of those things that will linger on forever unless you devote the time to resolve the issue once and for all.

I had the feeling that, while being of great help when I had the usual fluid buildup, compression made things worse this time. I tried it out the first one or two days (and still wear a bandage if I have to go to work), and both pain and swelling got worse - funny enough, my artist and my doc later told me that a bandage might not be a good idea in this case.

Did so for the weekend (okay, two days) - spent most of my time in bed or on the sofa and used my hand not at all, and it changed absolutely nothing :woman_shrugging:
I think if my body wants more rest, it would be very nice of it to at least show some appreciation for two days of doing nothing :wink:

edit: oh, and after I got home again, had a meal and warmed up in general, the hand is very warm again, as well… so, still all bitchy

4 Likes

Damn, sorry to hear that. Also, maybe it’s not entirely appropriate to say that, but I’m dying to know what the hell your body is doing. It doesn’t make much sense.

I would invite you into my sauna, as a good hot sauna cures many ailments, but you’re a bit far away :slight_smile:

Yeah, same here - I always have some bit of “scientific curiosity” for such cases :wink:

I actually had a nice bath on sunday, and that was the time of least pain and most comfort :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hoping it goes well!!

oh, we wish!
Shame our bodies tend to ignore our pleas! :sweat_smile:

At this point I’m legit concerned and would prefer you have it removed. I can send a replacement with no adhesive contamination on it if you like… but the redness and swelling and pain for this length of time… it seems like a good idea to extract it and let the situation calm down. Of course it’s up to you and your doc… I am just becoming very uncomfortable with the extended armchair implant therapy session going on here via the forum. Dangerous Things’ official statement is that we feel you would be best served having your doctor remove the device.

3 Likes

Btw, I always wondered if saunas would affect implants (flex and biochips) because of the temperature

Mhm… I’m honestly close to that point as well, sadly. Especially since I still do not know what’s really going on.

I appreciate that a lot! Though I must admit… I think I’ll pass. I really like that chip, but I’m just not sure if it’s a tad too big and too stiff (especially the new re-inforced one) for my hand. The rim always stood out a bit, and this might have lead to what happened here. And I heal sutures so terribly bad, I’m not sure if I want to try another one of that size :wink:

Don’t worry - I would be uncomfortable if this was my only kind of therapy, but it isn’t. I got a good doc here, I got my artist, and I got some great and helpful people here on this forum. Helps to consider a lot of different things, view it from different angles, kinda. And the very second my doc says it’s getting serious, I’ll get it out. I’m okay for experimenting a bit, but not for risking sepsis, my hand or whatever :wink:

6 Likes

Small update regarding my flexNExT. No more fluid build up and the LF is working perfectly

6 Likes

:+1: :slight_smile:

But the HF is still not working at all?

edit: just realized, the scar is impressively small - did your artist bend the implant to fit it in?

2 Likes

Did you read @anon3825968 's Sauna thread? Some good info in there

2 Likes

Also speaking in the name of my wife, our thoughts are with you today.

Absolutely nothing changed… that is quite strange.

Honestly i feel you there…Since i started my own private DIY development of implants, i understand how you might feel and would probably say something similar by now, if this implant would be one of my self made stuff…
I really like how care about all of your customers personally.
That’s why i am here. That’s why i trust Dangerous Things 100%

At least some good news here. (That small scar is truly amazing! Excellent work)

5 Likes

Sigh. Another short update - short because typing on mobile, one handed - I’m in (a different) hospital again. My doc redirected me to a surgeon, the surgeon freaked out and sent me here. Getting some iv-antibiotics now and gonna get my implant out tomorrow. Damn… Angry at myself for not taking it out before, for I seriously hate hospitals and especially not spending the night at home…
Oh, and they took an x-ray of my hand, didn’t see it yet but my silicone implant showed on the pic and the docs were quite surprised :smile:

3 Likes