Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

How easy is it to change the firmware?

Stock firmware? Stupid easy

Even I can do it :upside_down_face:

I did it twice today

You can install the app on your phone and just click update
(You will need to use the windows program to do it the first time I think, but That’s pretty easy also)

I don’t know about the other firmwares yet like muddlebox or rouge

Btw I don’t know what I’d use it for besides trolling people with the IR blaster, but the fact you can screen share and Control it on your phone is super cool

it got merged so it’s in dev but it’s still the official branch, only diff is no precompiled dfu

Wait… I didn’t see you mention the EM42x

What’s the story with that? I only see 4100 on my flipper

A friend has one of those Disney lightsabers and I decided I want to mess with it lately… but I think the saber only reads EM4305

The flipper reads it as a Em4100, but the emulation and write isn’t recognized by the saber

I was admittedly trying to do this with a t5577 ring as it’s the only thing T5577 I have

Since those China glass tags are lying liars

the kyber crystals are em410x so if it’s a kyber lightsaber you can make custom ones using t5577s. the reason i think it’s not working for you is perhaps the coupling due to the fact the lightsaber antenna is looking for a tag inside the slot for the crystal not a flipper attached to the side of the lightsaber lol

oh the em42x may be on the greeves firmware. non official my bad

Interesting, I thought I had read that they were em4305

Yea I 3D printed a little jig that would press the crystal retention plates apart and held the t5577 ring in the slot

But it wasn’t recognizing it

Shrug, I’ll wait till I have some proper t5577 chips on hand

yep indeedy, I have been waiting as an early bird kickstarter backer since July 2020

As far as Kickstarters go, in my experience, FlipperZero has been by far and away the best for communication

I’m sure they have done it for a reason, which I assume is because of FCC regulations, so, I just have to continue to patiently wait. and drop the occasional Mr Bean gif

For me,
It would have been a more difficult wait if the Flippers were fully functional as far as their capability is concerned.

When there are more LF modes available and Magic Mifare writability possible, I will start getting eager. but until then, the wait continues for me

mr-bean-p0pc0rn

1 Like

It mentions having different options for different regions, does that mean there are different firmware?
Can we get a firmare that doesn’t have any restrictions or that’s from a different region?

I think it has to do with the sub gighz radio package

The FCC has different rules than UK and so on

I believe unleashed is more or less “unlocked” but it’s a easy way to get in decent trouble if you do any jamming actions

1 Like

Say hello to W04dhe (wohdey, pronounced like Brody)

6 Likes

I think I was a bit later, just a “normal” kickstarter backer, but still nothing to see here in Europe as well. Yeah, the communication is fine, but well…
:unicorn_pfffftttt: :unicorn_i_dont_know:

1 Like

Personally, I think it it bad that people like me can order a flipper now (and get it) while people who actually went through the Kickstarter still haven’t received theirs.

But I don’t think people in the states are still waiting

I think the areas still waiting are customs shipping and paperwork related, and the hardware/firmware is slightly different

So technically the ones that are available wouldn’t be available in areas that are still waiting

Bad optics but not technically bad

2 Likes

If you’re thinking of the house robot, it’s entirely conceivable that the makers of the Flipper don’t even know where NZ is. Hell, even the NZ government doesn’t know where NZ is…

2 Likes

Yeah, but they did mention that there are 3 different models due to the FCC regulations.
Also the USA was a much larger market, I guess its easier to knock more of those ones out.

It also may have taken longer to get FCC approval in Europe and elsewhere :man_shrugging:

Although :thinking: Australians are getting/ have theirs already and would have had them far sooner if they weren’t held up at the border; NZ / AUS share alot of similar standards : food, safety, electrical etc. but I also thought Frequencies.
NZ SubGHz uses 400, 800 and 900, I was pretty sure Australia was the same. (I just dont care enough to research it)
I must be missing something, because it makes no sense for Flipper to retard the delivery to other countries without a reason, I just trust they want to get Flippers into the hands of their customers as fast as possible.
Including their European customers…

From following the Flipper Forum and Flipper discord, Everybody seems to be happy with the hardware, and software, plus the firmware updates a frequent and support is good.

I don’t have buyers regret, and I’m looking forward getting mine…whenever that happens.

Anyway, I hope everybody already with theirs are enjoying them.

1 Like

Haha, That’s awesome

2 Likes

Got a mail from them with a last call for a shipping address change.
I guess shipping to the EU is close now :partying_face:

1 Like

in my endless scrolling of thingiverse,
I found this goody

I will print soon, appears I have broken my printer yet again, in yet another way
but it has several makes and looks Good to go

1 Like