Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

They need to lawyer up right away. PayPal will string this along and then eventually take all the money. This is what we learned the hard way.

For anyone else considering using PayPal for anything, understand they are not a bank. They have no obligation to protect your money or even give it back to you. If you use PayPal to accept money from anyone, get it out of PayPal immediately as soon as you receive it and into your bank account.

PayPal used to go into people’s bank accounts and take money back they felt was theirs or related to fraud or whatever… But they were sued successfully for doing this because that’s participating in banking and amounted to interstate fraud. Once it’s in your bank account they have a really hard time getting their tentacles on it, so if you must use PayPal, use the auto sweep feature and maybe even interact with the API to move money even faster than autosweep allows.

They are a functional criminal organization who makes more money on theft than fees. I wish their executives nothing but the death penalty.

3 Likes

People seem to forget the first part …
I never leave more than a few $ for more than a few days … Never have and never will.
The main issue (in my mind) is that there isn’t really an alternative … The day there is something I think PayPal will either change or sink …

The whole reason I used to like them, was they were a safeguard…

Now?

Hell I’m more worried about THEM scamming me than the other party

Fwiw I made a feature request on the GIT,
For a nfc dummy reader mode, to light up all the blinkies without actually reading the chip

No idea if it will happen, no idea if I did it right…

But I figured it would be something useful by those in this thread :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

NFC > Debug > Field

Works well for blinkies. I don’t know how long you can leave it in that mode, but if you’re just showing off a blinky it’s worked well for me.

3 Likes

:flipperzero_white:
I love this little tool / toy

I popped away on an overnighter, traveled super light, didn’t want to take laptop and PM3, but always have my flipper with me.

I got to my accommodation, checked out the door locks at the entrance on my way in to see what to expect for swipe access. (Don’t act like you all don’t do the same, everywhere, all the time)
Anyway, it was an un-named pin-pad /swipe access

I have seen one like this before and was pretty sure it was LF.

I got issued my key fob, typical blue fob,

which are not always but in my experience, are more often than not LF.

Out to my car, out with the Flipper :flipper:
LF
Read
:card_keyfob:
WRITE
It took maybe ~10 secs

Drive to garage carpark,
Swipe implant and in I go.
Grab my backpack, head to Stairwell, phone out, record for you guys and access granted

The read range was really good maybe ~15mm, and fast… The video doesn’t do it justice.

Gotta love the Flipper! :flipperzero_white:
Gotta love Implants :next:
Gotta love Amal :amal: Thanks for the life augmentation :logo_dt_circle:

12 Likes

Just a heads up

When it rains it pours

I don’t have a flipper in that shipment, but I do have a very needed screen protector and silicone case :-/

Sounds like they have a fall back, and isn’t the first time… but not great timing

c7e531e1-7620-4e40-88c1-cd79b7188f60_text

https://news.italy24.press/business/39438.html

The article is lacking

Maybe that’s what the Kia boys in Wisconsin are using?

I joke, or do I? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not sure when it was rolled out
I only noticed this a few days ago:
I’m not sure how many people would be interested

Gallagher is now supported on the Flipper Zero

Gallagher is pretty common in NZ and Aussie, but they can also be found in a few other countries albeit less abundant

1 Like

What is it?

LF
example read

1 Like

Sorry, I should have mentioned,
Gallagher also do HF including multiclass readers, but in the example above, that was an LF card that I scanned and it was in the Flipper library.

Apparently around the end of August to the start of September, But again, I’m not sure how many people would be interested.

There’s hope I suppose that there isn’t a bigger problem… and possibly more likely that government red tape just sucks

1 Like

Good news, now if PayPal can just give back what they stole they’ll be in a good position

1 Like

Is this a native feature in the Flipper?

If you enable debugging mode in the settings menu

1 Like

I don’t have flipper yet but I like to pop by here because I currently watch LinusTechTips live stream and they are going to make a video about Flipper some time in the future. Said that they need to test it for some time so they can convey all the things that it can do. (That’s what I understood at least) :grin:

Sorry no timestamp because it was like an hour ago and I needed to read 150 messages here first :joy:

my faith in linus hinges entirely on how accurate his info on the RFID/nfc portion is. as his stunt with his little hacker bag was less than informative and more fear tactic

2 Likes

I hope Antony writes and is the main host on that video because he seems to be go on these types of niche videos and has done great.

1 Like