Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

i wish they’d extend an olive branch to the rfid dev community and ask for our input / to fact check shit i know a laundry list of people who would jump at the chance to have correct documentation there

I’ve tried to reach out to them, and they are publicly interested in implants, but problem is I can’t reach anyone to push it along

Idk, the forum and their community soured me quickly

I still respect most of his takes and work, I can understand why he cuts certain corners rather than getting lost in the weeds…

Rfid is tricky though…

1 Like

rfid is tricky but its not hard to avoid actual bullshit like fake claiming brute forcing and credit card emulation that’s rampant on tiktok

1 Like

Looks like we might be getting some nfc write support, I’ll settle for mifare classic for now since I can write ndef with my phone

Haven’t gotten to mess with it yet,

2 Likes

That is
ABSOLUTELY FUCKEN AWESOME.

200 (15)
200 (11)

2 Likes

Now if I can just figure out
How to crack a mifare 1k reliably
Get my Xm1 to read reliably

Lol

2 Likes

Good news regarding NFC (read/write/display) compatibility! Looks like they’re looking to the community for help here.

2 Likes

I don’t see any nfc write mentioned

just jumping in to say I have been pretty busy, but had a super quick play with the new read /write function for Mifare Classic.
First impressions are:
Not quite where we would want it for a quick and easy read / write functionality.

Bear in mind, this was a super quick play, and I could have this wrong.

It appears it will just re-write a saved card dump, or update to the same cardbut that’s all. (I may have missed the purpose of this)
BUT
It has to be the original card…so for example, if you wrote a new (N)UID to your implant, then tried to re-write or update a saved “card” to it, It won’t see it as the original, and “Flipper says NO”
:emoji_fingerwag:

So on first assessment, I don’t believe we can write a new card saved file and/or (N)UID to our implants. (yet)

I can’t confirm any of this, and need to put some dedicated play time into it.
or
maybe research (Discord / Forum)
or
I hope to hear from others that may have also tried it

Anyway
It’s just after midnight here and getting up in about 5½ hours for a swim, but I will try to commit some time to it in a day or two

:crossed_fingers:
:flipperzero_white:

1 Like

Dumb question (you’ve been warned!)
If a flipper is flashed with “rogue master” firmware (or alike) then update with official updates, does the benefits of the flashed firmware remains or does the update over ride the unlocked features?

Pretty sure it just overrides

But, yolo?

It overrides, but since the flipper can update itself now, there’s nothing stopping you from having multiple firmwares / versions on your SD card and switching between them on the fly as needed. I keep both the official and RM firmwares on mine and it’s super easy to switch between them

Hmm

When I went from stock to unleashed, it took 3-4x as long

Probably not useful on the fly, but I’ll give it a shot whenever I unpack and dig out my flipper

Weird. I just tested it by going from stock to RM. Took about 45 seconds from when I hit install to when it showed the success screen

Give unleashed a shot, there’s a lot of goodies in it

1 Like

Not worthy of its own thread, but still maybe worthy of a share. :man_shrugging:

I had a play with this a little while ago, but didn’t document it.
NOW I HAVE!

In short, You can control basic emulation “remotely” with a smart watch.

A picture paints a thousand words…here’s 6000 words

Here’s some screenshots from mine

Screenshot_20221116_172911_sysui

Screenshot_20221116_173152_sysui

Screenshot_20221116_172948_app

Additional settings

2 Likes

I prefer using Unleashed TBH - I find that RogueMaster always runs super slowly, at least on my F0.

It’s all that Bitcoin mining is doing

Fwiw, I didn’t see this mentioned but I’m sure flipper owners are following

Looks like some magic mifare support?

1 Like