Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

i posted easlier about a group order for the Multi-board. it has everything as that board except the camera but adds the pins for Sentry Safe decoding. the boards and all the parts should be here in a week, and ill be building them for significantly less.

1 Like

FYI @XEMON

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder what it does with the 2 linked together. I always fancied a PowerGlove.

https://twitter.com/n00bznet/status/1689849406856544256

3 Likes

Great, now I want one!

2 Likes

Yeah. And I’d love to get more details but apart from pics, not much was divulged.
The guy who did it is on Twitter/X (can’t get over the stupid name change) : https://twitter.com/Lamp_Sec

1 Like

Typical fearmongering : Feds Fear Flipper Zero Use By Far-Right Documents Show (dailydot.com)

1 Like

The flipper has about as much impact on the power grid as a semi loaded with sand. While I don’t agree with what they’re saying, I feel the emotionally charged words and worry about the impact that could have for folks like us just having fun to ourselves.

3 Likes

Folks what cfw you’re running on your flippers?
Mine right now is on unleashed, but I am really tempted to look into roguemaster and extreme.
Any pros and cons I should be aware of before I waste few hours in flashing and playing ?

1 Like
  • Stock Firmware
  • Unleashed
  • Xtreme
  • RogueMaster
  • Other

0 voters

Borrowing your question and turning it into a poll :classic_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t do a ton with my flipper, mostly cloning a card here and there. I run stock, but I have tried xtreme (I do plan to go back once I get my RGB backlight mod set up) but it did crash a lot just sitting on my desk.

It is worth noting that the xtreme firmware includes both unleashed and rogue so you get the best of all the worlds:

Note: This repo is always updated with OFW, Unleashed & Rogue. No need to mention all those here.
GitHub - BadException/Flipper-Xtreme: The most advanced Flipper Zero Firmware. With custom animations, an interesting twist to the boring level system, clean / stable integrations of new applications and a lot more.

1 Like

Xtreme hasn’t been updated in a month however, while the other firmwares have evolved and followed the original firmware updates.

3 Likes

I run unleashed. They are the just responsive for big fixes and maintain the master really well

4 Likes

That’s why I choose them as well. Very well maintained code base, decent release cycles, fast bugfixes, etc

2 Likes

both valid points; however, for me, I have found Xtreme tends to only load things that are stable.

Which I personally prefer

3 Likes

I feel like Xtreme is just very outdated and not well maintained. They had, and still have I Believe, an old bug where there’s a memory fault on sleep that makes it intermittently crash. I’ve had no crashes on unleashed unless I was doing some dumb flashing cus gpio

Interesting, I’ve NEVER experienced this myself and Ive been using it for a while (pretty early adopter), I do turn mine off when not in use though, so maybe thats why :man_shrugging:

early on, there were frequent updates, they have been less frequent of late, I assumed because they have found and removed most of the bugs fom the unleashed and Rogue.

FYI

• I started on stock
  • Tried unleashed
  • Tried Rogue and stuck with that for a while
  • Tried Xtreme, and found it sooo much more reliable with unstable apps removed, just a better experience all around.

Curious as to what is missing from Xtreme that the others have!?
If it was worth it, I would side load it and likely stick with Xtreme.
However
I’m open to try the others again, but I just haven’t found a reason to go back…yet

3 Likes

Most recently, the FDX-b readings not following the system standard unit of measure. That was recently patched and released the past week thanks to viewers like you and this forum.

Other issues with slix, and there are other current fixes I know haven’t made its way across yet but I’m not in front of a computer stmt

2 Likes

Screenshot_20230901_014539

4 Likes

@Aoxhwjfoavdlhsvfpzha

Thanks for the update
I didn’t want to Tommy Two Shits you, But thought the link may be a handy addition

CHANGE LOG

Added:

• Apps Menu: New DSi, PS4, Vertical (by @Willy-JL), C64 (by @Sil333033) and Eurocorp (by @xtruan) menu styles
  • Xtreme Settings: Configurable SPI and UART channels for ESP32/8266, CC1101, NRF24, NMEA and generic (by @Sil333033)
  • New Apps:
  • Lockscreen: New Xtreme Setting to make lockscreen transparent (shows desktop animation below) (by @Willy-JL)
  • CLI: New custom Xtreme MOTD / header (by @unixispower and @ClaraCrazy)
  • Storage: New storage_file_expand() API to allocate file sizes (by @Willy-JL)
  • Xtreme Settings: Add RGB Backlight Rainbow modes, custom and individual LCD color options, full driver code rework (by @Willy-JL)
  • GUI: VarItemList now supports headers/titles (previously only on Submenu), can have sliders and titles in same interface (by @Willy-JL)
  • UL: NFC: Add manually MF Classic with custom UID (by @gid9798)
  • OFW: Infrared: Move remote buttons feature
  • OFW: Desktop: New sad song animation
  • OFW: Expose additional functions of the crypto engine to user

Updated:

• Archive: File > Show decides whether to use text or hex viewer based on file contents (by @Willy-JL)
  • Desktop: Keybinds now support opening a file in default app (by @Willy-JL)
  • Updated Apps:
    • E-SubGhz Chat (by @twisted-pear): Added icons for encryption selection menu (by @Willy-JL)
    • ESP Flasher: Dual boot support (by @0xchocolate), new quick flash menu for s2/wroom (by @Willy-JL and dualboot bin by @skizzophrenic)
    • Evil Portal (by @bigbrodude6119): Improved portal picker (moved to html folder) and configurable ap name (by @leedave)
    • FlipBIP: Support for ZEC, refactor app (by @xtruan)
    • Mass Storage: Create images right on flipper, cleaner interface, display stats, many fixes (by @nminaylov and @Willy-JL)
    • Mayhem Camera (by @eried): Save images to apps_data folder (by @ClaraCrazy)
    • Text Viewer: Completely remade from scratch, now supports newlines (by @Willy-JL ported from archive app)
    • All other apps updated too
  • Storage: Prefer exFAT when formatting smaller SD cards (~16GB and up), some error handling improvements (by @Willy-JL)
  • Dolphin: Add missing deeds, clean+fix dolphin state code, deeds/xp yielded only by loader and not for Games/Media apps (this is a pentesting device!) (by @Willy-JL)
  • CLI: input keyboard command press space to toggle hold next key, enable backlight on interaction, support putty/picocom-style backspace (by @Willy-JL)
  • Xtreme Settings: Tweak some setting names to be more intuitive (by @Willy-JL)
  • Apps: Main menu apps now in external apps folders too (can access them even if removed from main menu) (except SubGhz and non-removable apps) (by @Willy-JL)
  • Apps: Tweak some GPIO app tags to work better in main menu short names (by @Willy-JL)
  • GUI: Added headers to VarItemList interfaces (Xtreme app main menu + moved intro button to Misc menu, Mass Storage create image menu) (by @Willy-JL)
  • Infrared: Reordered universals, updated to new design, use same text in menu and title (by @Willy-JL)
  • UL: Infrared: Updated universal remotes (by @amec0e and @Leptopt1los)
  • UL: SubGhz: High Power Amp code reworked (by @xMasterX and @gid9798)
  • OFW: Infrared: New universal remotes design

Fixed:

• API: Fix version to enable app hub in mobile app
  • Apps Menu: Fixed scrolling text in List menu style (by @Willy-JL)
  • Xtreme Settings: Fix leftover mentions of SFW pack (by @ClaraCrazy), fix selected item when exiting and re-entering menus (by @Willy-JL)
  • API: Major cleanup and reajdustment to be 100% compatible with OFW, both function and memory wise (by @Willy-JL)
  • UL: Infrared and SubGhz: Fix crash when frequency is outside of supported range (by @xMasterX)
  • OFW: NFC: Multiple bug fixes
1 Like

I guess someone in xtreme was on a summer vacation lol.
Just booted the latest release on the flipper, let’s see how it goes!

edit, after playing for a few hours, I can say I like it.
Interface is pretty neat and functional. Options to use you own animations is a nice touch. Idle power off is a great feature! Also there are bunch of gpio apps(which most probably I would never use). The leveling system is also cool. I love firmwares with apps included( I was using unleashed E builds).

2 Likes