FYI- flipperzeros are available right now for the USA

Shit experience for you, Thanks for sharing and the warning.

I’m sure youll still enjoy your Flipper when it arrives

2 Likes

Happy you got a reorder that should be legit.

Sorry you got taken advantage of. That stinks. I’m glad it resulted in you getting it shut down though, the hopefully keep it from happening to anyone else.

I’m sure it will work out great for you this time. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It’s currently my main gaming rig, I’ve almost beat doom on it

5 Likes

I did get to order it from the main site and it arrived in good time. With being scammed I paid almost double for it so I hope I learn to use it well. I’m enjoying my first steps with it so far. :rat:

3 Likes

I got mine as well.

But it’s just sitting there for now.

Waiting till I get time to try to figure out how to use it. Haha.

As someone in another thread said, I’d thought the flipper was a bit more user friendly right out of the box, unlike the proxmark. Which is why I got it.
But there’s still a decent learning curve it looks like?

I’ll tackle it when I’m out in the woods later on.

Glad you got yours, even though you had to pay extra.

Enjoy!!

1 Like

Nah, theres really not.

The Flipper has far more functionality than the Proxmark3 (its just not as diagnosticly capable)

You are probaly just overwhelmed but all the other stuff you dont need or want…yet!

You can customise it, or more simply, just ignore what you dont want.

I made a couple of how to guides for the flipper on the forum, and there are probably some far better ones on the interwebs.

But if you get stuck with something, there are a few people here that can/will help you out, plus a dedicated forum and discord for the flipper.

I would personally reccomend the Flipper-Xtreme firmware

You get a nice simple interface, and you’ll probably only start off with the RFID and NFC anyway

Get yourself an SD card, and ill be happy to help get you up and running in the land of Flipper

these may come in hady shortly

3 Likes

Thank you pilgrim, I really appreciate that.

I’ll have a look at it.

All I want to do right now is program a few wrist bands on the 125 freq

It’d be nice to have it up and going.

I’m hoping to get a NExT maybe this summer.

My brother and I are headed to New Zealand next spring for vacation. Maybe I can buy you a beer if I’m in your neighborhood :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very useful, thank you!

1 Like

Pilgrim, I’d read something somewhere that did the flipper needed a specific kind of sd card.

I forget the specifics, but it has to have, or not have something.

That ring a bell?

If I just a regular SD card off Amazon should/would it work?

Thanks.

This is what I’m seeing, and wondering about. I’d thought I saw somewhere you needed to make sure you got a certain type of SD card, that maybe didn’t do the SDIO (I’m totally making that last part up, haha, but there was something).

Flipper Zero supports microSD cards of up to 128GB , but a 4GB microSD card is sufficient to store all the necessary data. Unlike modern smartphones and computers that use a high-speed SDIO interface, Flipper Zero uses a slower energy-efficient SPI interface.

It’ll PROBABLY work with any, but there are reccomended ones.

Dont bother trying to use it without an sd card

Just get a high quality name brand sd card and you should be fine (mine is SanDisk)

SD card no larger than 32GB, I have 64GB

because I’m an idiot and that is far more than I need.
8GB would be fine…probably even 4GB

Get an SD card
Format it (XFAT or FAT32)
Insert it and format it in the Flipper…

:thinking:
Why am I writing this up??? let me find you a guide that’s already made…

Try this one, this is at the SD card step, so you can go forward and back as you require (if you have any questions, just ask back here)

1 Like

Thanks, I’m on it!

Would like to get this set up.

Got a card ordered.

This one was recommended online in case anyone is reading this in the future. Hopefully it’ll work. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

SanDisk 32GB Extreme microSDHC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 100MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, A1, Micro SD - SDSQXAF-032G-GN6MA https://a.co/d/byjPfnb

Edit. It did work fine***

1 Like

I literally used a crappy 4gb off brand I have a dozen of kicking around

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I switched to the Xtreme firmware on my Flipper after you posted about it some days (or weeks) ago and I love it! It adds tons of nice options and features. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Likes

Yeah, she’s done a great job of cleaning things up and removing the clutter, plus the new landing page with tiles is a nice touch.

I dont think it matters unless the content on your card matters

More chance of an off brand failing and you losing your saved files and setup… you could save a backup somewhere else of course.
It could still happen with a branded card also, but I’m happier reccomending something more stable to somebody else

How’s your set up going @heliloo

Do you need a hand?

Thanks for checking on me.

I got my SD card now and was going to look at it tonight.

I will likely need some assistance :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Heres another very basic, very quick “getting started”, but still happy to help further if you need it

2 Likes

thank you! I was up for hours finding pex and all the add ons for my RV water system, I’ll get to it soon though!