Help me fit more implants, let’s play some Tetris

Oh yea, I’ve seen plenty of x series, I just hadn’t seen a flex installed from the wrist

In fairness, neither have I, but the whole principle is the same.

My biggest fear is tendons and Ligaments

I know it’s probably my super unfounded but still

Ugh, that installer’s loc bun in the bottom video is so gorgeous. I just had to start thinning right on the crown so mine doesn’t sit as high and nice but Oooh… OOOHH that hair makes me all flustered.

1 Like

Alright, so since @amal is running a sale to benefit Ukraine… might aswell pick up some more upgrades

Help me find a useable location that’s convenient and doesn’t cause crosstalk or interference

I think I’m looking at an xslx this time, so that I can use quick lock padlocks and potentially some or existing gun safe products… but those are usually junk anyways lol

Heres what I have

Red is 125khz
Blue is 13.56mhz

The double lines is a next which is both

Off the top of my head my first thought is first and second finger tops. Excluding where it would hit my ring…

my hands have a bit more flesh… but still could a bit closer to the bone than recommended… but my knife edge and Xm1 sit pretty close to bone and it’s not a big deal

Other amusing concern, is wife hates feeling my implants… so could potentially cause issues with holding hands :sweat_smile:

Would make for a a nice and convenient presentation

The next thought is to squeeze it into L2 along with an xEM, either parallel or inline, bones and scar tissue drawn

I don’t know if this will cause read issues or not with a dissimilar frequency in close proximity

Also the inline install could be tricky because my scar tissue located below, doesn’t separate quite as well as regular skin… so idk how that will effect install

I could also potentially pull my purewrist which isn’t really seeing any use… and put the xslx in l3

The biggest thing is usability rather than location ( no point putting in implant in if you cant use it )
What jumped out to me with yours and I would reccomend is, your anatomical snuff box, I have an xSeries in each of mine.

b02822e0b086636ee38bda2dfb1c96e9a9b19de1_2_750x1000

Simply tuck your thumb under your palm and it is pretty easy to present to MOST readers without too much contortion required.

If you are not familiar with that location ( It is not mentioned much )

The anatomical snuffbox (also known as the radial fossa), is a triangular depression found on the lateral aspect of the dorsum of the hand . It is located at the level of the carpal bones, and best seen when the thumb is extended.

1 Like

I sort of have one there already,

The right most location you are thinking about here (on your index finger) seems like it would be awfully annoying trying to open jars/twist lid bottles, and the other two seem like they would be difficult to present to a reader. Have you considered going further up on the arm? There is also still some room left in L0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

But they would both be 13.56… wouldn’t that cause a conflict?

Maybe it’s hard to see but the finger locations would but more or less on the top of the fingers, like a 45° location, so gripping wouldn’t be effected and it would still be close to the surface for presenting to a padlock…. Least that’s my thought

Yeah, its hard to tell exactly where your snuff box is, without you extending your thumb like Vault Boy

you should be able to see the space more clearly.

The one underneath, should be easily have enough separation when you tuck your thumb under.
Only you will know, once you give it a go.

I would further suggest you tape one of your Chinese “xM1s” in that or other positions you are considering, to do a reader test for collision (although most readers should deal with it, and not as good of a surrogate as an actual xSLX)

Anyway, purely a guess on my behalf

They could be staggered something like this:

Since x series generally require fairly precise positioning due to the coupling, this location still feels viable to me. Plus, tucking your thumb down will move the implant closer to it further down than one sitting closer to the index finger bone. I just tried, but if you have one of the field testing keychains you could also try taping it down and reading your other implant without lighting up the keychain and see what I’m thinking.

Yeah same here:)

Ok time to bump this thread a bit, because I still haven’t figured out where to put an Xslx and I want to get implanted at CircleCityCon come july

Here’s where I’m leaning at the moment

xSLX in position L3, and a purewrist in L4

Would this be too close and cause conflict / interference etc?

@amal @Satur9 you understand what will and won’t conflict with each other better than I

They are both 13.56, but the Xslx is ISO15693 which is less common… would this let me get away with squeezing them a little closer together?

I know it’s been mentioned readers are capable of distinguishing multiple chips with anti collision stuff… but it was also mentioned it’s rarely even implemented

Well, I was going to answer, but since you didn’t open it up to the floor, I’m not gonna…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By all means… I just figured since they are the ones actually building and designing the stuff

Hmm that’s a tough one. You’ll probably get some collision errors, but the fact that ones an ISO 14443a flex and ones a ISO 15693 x-series makes it less of an issue. I personally wouldn’t do that because I don’t know what payment terminals in the wild would do. You’d think they wouldn’t utilize ISO 15 commands because they’re meant for ISO 14, but they both have 7-byte UIDs AFAIK so it’s all up in the air. I advise against it unless you’re just playing around and you’re comfortable removing the xSLX if it causes trouble

Nope…OK, but just a little

I don’t have a xSLX, but I do have an original Spark (ISO15693), for what it’s worth, it is an 8byte UID (I actually thought it was 7 also, but I just scanned it, with 2 apps…and yep. 8 bytes)

There will be specific readers that you will be fine with, for example, The KBR1 doesnt read ISO15693 and also, if you were using an arduino, that you set up to only read 14a OR 15.

Otherwise, in my opinion, I think they would likely be too close.
However, you know how easy it is to remove an xSeries…

This is also a good option.

OR,
removing the xSLX from the injector, taping it to your skin in your proposed position, do some testing, then “cleaning” the xSLX before implantation

Just my thoughts from the cheap seats.

1 Like

Just be more selective of the training data sets that you use.

1 Like

To be fair, he is a personality PROTOTYPE.

1 Like

Not just any personality prototype… A “Genuine People Personality” Prototype.

Share and Enjoy!

1 Like